Stop motion style animation of a Hen frying an egg

Hi everyone,

Here’s a Hen frying an egg!
When i created this I thought it was just a bit of dark humour, but I’ve since learned that chickens will eat pretty much anything. Including eggs. Happily. So not so much dark, quirky gag as just documentary :sweat_smile:

Hungry Henibal Lector Sneak Cycle:

Some stills: Some objects are probably a bit dense, but I don’t model very often and I was having fun :stuck_out_tongue: I’m a big fan of the isometric, cozy-style art so I wanted to play around with it.

Model/Rig demo: I was going for a stop motion aesthetic with the animation, so I used Claydoh shaders- really lovely to work with. I rigged using Auto Rig Pro, which is glorious and so lovely to use. I used bendy bones in the neck to help get that chicken-style head movement.

53 Likes

I wanted the background objects to suggest that this Hen LOVES eating eggs, and obviously had to put a Suzanne plant pot in there too.

20 Likes

lol… i love it. very nice work on the texturing too, especially the stove side. and i love the spatula ‘lost’ behind the stove too. very nice touches. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you!

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thank you very much! You too!

1 Like

You’re on the featured row! :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Love the style of this. Lots of personality in the animation. Well done!

1 Like

I’ll remember that, should I have a body to dispose of some day…

Lovely animation, I like it.

greetings, Kologe

1 Like

Really nice! I LOVE the moving fingerprints. Animation is great too.

1 Like

Cute anitmaiton!

1 Like

Haha, soo cute! I love it! :two_hearts:

1 Like

Increadiable, but bird eats its own kids…
still shocking work!

1 Like