Subway Post-Apocalyptic

Hi !

I hope you like this post apocalyptic metro ^^ This scene is part of a series of 4 images I’m working on.
It was made under Blender 2.83 (god bless the creator of “image as plane”). I mainly do archviz, it was also a matter of playing with my vegetation assets.
Rendered with Cycle and compo in Blender/Lightroom.

A variant of the rendering :

The scene in EEVEE :

The assets :

With the exception of two models of bushes, everything is homemade. The textures mainly come from Pixabay, Wikiperia, Textures and personal photos.

Subway Shader :

To maintain the vegetation above and below the waggon I use planes with a skinwrap modifier. Constraints / parent empty are added to be able to move / rotate the model easily.

For the edge of the cliff, it’s just a plane :

For vegetation, I use homemade assets. For most of them I use my own photographs.
(Most of them are not used in rendering)

For trees, foliage is procedural and common to all trees :

Now I am working on the next image in this same universe. I will try to adapt a node (created some time ago to easily “grunge” my meshes) to damage my buildings.

Hope you like it.
I will post other render and WIP here and on insta :

175 Likes

This is outstanding! Beautiful images.
Thanks for the detailed info, great idea to use planes with the shrinkwrap modifier for the vegetation in irregular areas.

3 Likes

Awesome job Antoine !

2 Likes

Looks great. Something you would expect to see at a cinematic level, IMO. I’ll let the experts argue over that. In the meantime, from my perspective, it’s high quality work.

2 Likes

wow! impressive work.fantastic details.
well done!

2 Likes

Impressive artwork and great post. It’s a pleasure to look through your explanations how your scene was built. Looking forward to your next image in this universe.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the detailed information very interesting… nice work on the image planes for the vegetation at first i just thought that was fully 3D modeled, also the shink wrap modifier for the vegetation on the tram is a really nice idea.

2 Likes

One of the most impressive and eye-catching/dramatic CG scenes I’ve ever seen.

2 Likes

You’re #featured! :tada:

2 Likes

Wow ! Thanks ! <3

2 Likes

This is awesome! I love the composition and the idea. We see a lot of post-apocalyptic scenes and it is hard to come up with something novel and interesting and you hit it out of the park!

I really like your eye for detail and the way you used all the plant models. Gives the scene a good “lived-in” realistic look.

Did you model the train car or was that an existing asset? I’d be interested in the source of that if it is freely available.

2 Likes

Thanks ! :slight_smile: I modeled everything except two bush ^^

1 Like

Really love this. Plus, gives me some good ideas. Thank you.

2 Likes

Awesome! I just noticed the video where you turn the subway car and the growth stays on top. That is cool.

2 Likes

Really nice, and the presentation you’ve put in here is equally nice. Lot of us love seeing behind the scenes.

2 Likes

Nice attempt, reminded me of The Last of us game.

2 Likes

Great work and amazing breakdown! :clap: :clap: :clap:

2 Likes

Wow amazing work here! Thank for sharing!

1 Like

Super cool image man! ALso lovely work explaining and show your workflow and such.
Also kind liked that first image, Kind if like it was shot using a phone

2 Likes

Hi,
a great work, only thing I am missing is a trace of the damaged rails, I don’t believe that the couplings could hold the wagons tight, - but it is really great, _You should really try to enter some persons who are inspecting the damage and try to salvage something for themselves… my phantasy begins to roam in several directions.
Thanks also for sharing the procedure

2 Likes