Super Mario Maker

hahaha first tought this is queen in a mario outfit!!! Render and modelling is really great. I do get the sort of hint ace dragon has i think. I tends to go a sort gayish… no offense just my first feeling with the image

Rombout,
The “gay feeling” is quite normal… I’m a gay guy doing gay erotic art… :wink:
This is as we could say “homoerotic”… :slight_smile:

very good!

I wonder where this leaves Princess Peach. You are getting a lot out of one model I am guessing this is another tweak of your Blenderello model. Good work.

I really didn’t see any erotic attributes in this image (just a strong guy building Mario levels). I’m not going to touch on the more controversial aspects of that post as it would just ask for a thread derailment.

Hahaha! Although it is miles and miles away from the look I’d given to a kindof-realistic Mario, it is a great twist to that universe!

My opinion of “dark areas” (and “blown-out white areas”) comes from my somewhat-background in commercial photography and magazines. Both “no ink” and “an expanse of black ink” are problematic. I never want to see a Histogram display that significantly bumps into either the left or the right hand edge: neither (0,0,0) nor (maxint,maxint,maxint). Even if you intend to show “it’s completely dark,” let the area nevertheless have some tiny amount of perceptible detail. Otherwise, it becomes “a hole in the picture.” A place where no pixel-data survives.

(“Global Illumination” is actually rather handy for this …)

Nevertheless: this is a really great, dramatic picture. Well done. Enjoy “the fuss.” :slight_smile:

Did you have to use rigging to move him to that pose, or did you just sculpt him that way? being a noob i’m confused, and i dint know Zbrush had rigging if that was the case.

what an interesting take on mario, he’s definitely up to something for sure but what?
Not to mention I’d think this would be a more accurate build for Luigi :wink:

Regardless, good work.

Work very cool
Giving back to memories ^^
ـــــ
Can you give to use the nodes
l mean the nodes of skin texture ^^

Thanks for your messages!! :slight_smile:

@tyrant_monkey : Yes, They’re all coming from my Blenderello guy. I spent some time to modelled this guy but now, he’s a great basemesh to sculpt my men. :slight_smile:
@Ace_Dragon : Well, I had some comments saying that this was an image with sexual content… So it all depends on how you see things…
@Dani : Where can I see your Mario? :slight_smile:
@sundialsvc4: Oh ok, from that point of view, I understand better now, yes… :slight_smile: But I love dark areas… :slight_smile:
@sono2000: No, it’s posed using transpose method (you mask an area, and rotate, mode, the rest of the body you want to change) and sculpt. No rigging. You can rig in Zbrush using Zspheres but it’s far from being fabulous… :slight_smile:
@CubeGod: You’re right but Mario is more iconic than Luigi… :slight_smile:
@nawaf-blender: Thanks, Here’s the skin shader. I already posted here somewhere… If you have any question, don’t hesitate. :slight_smile:

Attachments

hahahaha oke oka…
Curious how the princess would look though :wink:

edit
after reading some posts on your blog, i most say you have really stunning art. You’ve progressed pretty fast if you only started in 2010! great job man! Do you only model characters

Thank you very much
I have helped me very much
But I’m a little confused on the skin
I mean skin texture
Can you put
the texture that you made > skin texture and normal map … all the texture in the character
can you put it all
This will help a lot

Thank you very much
you have helped me very much
But I’m a little confused on the skin
I mean skin texture
Can you put
the texture that you made > skin texture and normal map … all the texture in the character
can you put it all
This will help a lot

Good job ! :wink:

If it had been a similar image sporting Princess Peach in an erotic girl stance, you probably would have spotted the intention immediately. That Mario pose is a classic gay-erotic one. When something is completely out of our mental world of experience, we tend not to be able to see it, or, rather, we may be unable to classify it, or assign meaning to it. Some stories/researchers go as far as mentioning that the American natives were unable to mentally classify the ships of Columbus as “ships”, and instead assigned them to the category “clouds”.

Here is a nice example:

Young children see nine dolphins, since they have no prior memories associated with a different “scenario”. Adults see something “else”.

Human perception is quite a fascinating subject. Semiotics, biology, Gestalt theory, and human cognition all play their part. Once you learn a bit more about this field, you begin to understand that our perception of ‘reality’ is incredibly limited and focused.

Which of the three faces do you see?

Good question man! I’ve been on a block for years now and even then, I never came back even mentally to the Mario world since I was 10yo. So off the top of my head “my Mario” is some sort of blurry-red 50 yo dude, probably short and stocky, with a mustache and plumbing tools. Not very creative.

I could say I’d give it a try and model a scene around Mario, but the truth is that lately, I enjoy looking at other’s art than pushing vertices around :slight_smile:

Keep up the good work!

Dani

super awesome…
thanks for sharing the shader…

You sure like your sexy men.

Amazing! #nohomo