Super Texture: Node based PBR texture generation

Hi everyone,

A while ago I released Super Texture, a one click addon that uses nodes to generate PBR maps.
It produces diffuse, specular, roughness, displacement and normal values. On top of this is procedural texture blurring, modifiable parameters and much more!

It works with Cycles and EEVEE!

Recently through free updates I’ve also added:

• Full procedural texture support
  • Full custom node group support
  • Anti-tile addon support

You can read more about it here:
BM: https://blendermarket.com/products/super-texture
Gumroad: https://gum.co/super-texture

Hope its useful :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Addon is currently 20% off for anyone that is interested!
Use code FEB2019 (valid until 7/2/2019)

Just added a massive overhaul for the entire addon!
Available as a free update for everyone that has already purchased it :slight_smile:

• Sobel Operator Kernel used for Image Normal map generation
  • Normal Map Downsampling and Supersampling
  • Fixed bug that would cause Blender to crash with undo (unlinked data)
  • Speed optimizations
  • More image controls
  • Rewritten manual
  • Automatic linking of Roughness and Normal maps if Base Color connected
  • Automatic image / procedural detection and optimized normal generation
  • Optimized packaging (via Node2Code)

Another big update adding Parallax maps, better height maps and other improvements!

• Height map upgrade (smoother + better range)

• Dynamically Generated Parallax Maps (optimized)

• Cleaning of unused node groups
  • Texture coordinates now more accessible
  • Better Addon download packaging
  • Super Texture Tab in menu
  • Documentation update
  • Various other performance improvements and bug fixes
3 Likes

Hey parallax maps! This is getting interesting!

1 Like

Hi, I just bougth the addon. I’m enjoying it so far. I have a question: is it possible to ‘invert’ the normal map, so that you can control what color/value is ‘on top’. I’ll show an example: I have a texture with blue paint on top of a white wall. But now it looks as if its white paint on top of a blue wall.

EDIT: Actually, the same goes for the roughness. I would be cool to have control wheter the dark tones or the light tones of the image would result in high/low roughness

New video overview going over all the different fields and the best settings for them:

3 Likes

Glad you find the addon useful!

Since this addon supports:
Images
Procedural textures
Node groups

You can simply connect an “invert color” node to the output of your image, select both and press ctrl + g to make a group. Select the new group and click Apply under the Super Texture panel.

Hope this helps :smile:

1 Like

Thanks, that’s cool. I have to get used to the nodes :wink:

1 Like

Awesome addon! Would there be any option to make a texture seamless? That would complete the functionality for me and make the addon an insta-buy :star_struck:

I’ll try to add this feature in the next addon update :slight_smile:

Any news about the seamless textures?

1 Like

Here is where I am so far with my testing. The effect is far from perfect and I am still experimenting with different pattern variations. So far there are parameters for Hardness and Blend Amount.

If anyone has some textures they would like me to test this on feel free to link the images here. I currently lack good non-seamless texture examples. :slight_smile:

Hi everyone, just a small update regarding the Seamless texture generation.

I realised seamless textures are used almost everywhere and it would be unfair to limit a creators ability based on whether they purchased Super Texture or not, so instead, I have released Anti-Seam for free.

This modular addon works with 2.80+ as well as Super Texture and Anti-tile, if you already have these addons installed.

Basic operation:

1. Select Image, apply Anti-Seam
  2. Select Anti-Seam Node Group, apply Super Texture.
  3. Done :slight_smile:

Check out the link for more info and video tutorial etc.

Enjoy!

2 Likes

Re Super Texture.Love it! Are there plans to support alpha maps?

There certainly is now :smile:

I will try include a new alpha output in the next update that routes the alpha directly from the original image.

A work around for now:
Add another image node, select the image you were using previously and plug the alpha into the PBR shader.

Thatmister could you post an image of the node setup. Thanks

Sure thing, here it is!

In the next update there will be an output for the alpha from the main node group, so you don’t have to do this.

Thankyou Thatimster.

Any progress on an update?