SuperTux 3D

there is some way that you can make it not have seams in the UV image editor. but I don’t remember what it was. Looks nice, by the way.

From what I read, they relied on creating groups that are just linked / appended into the scene. This shouldn’t require anything complicated, just shift+f1, navigate to the file, choose the group, ok. After that it’s just add > group > thing_you_want_in_your_scene each time you want a new copy of the object)

Hope this helps. It’s looking great btw. FireTux model facing the camera is super cute. :slight_smile:

oh, i know how to do it. i just have to be extremely careful as i do.

i’ve already done most of it, actually, now i’m (mostly) on to sounds.

i’ll (try, dont bet on it, that kind of thing) be uploading a tarball of the textures soon.

Hi, I just started helping blendmaster1024 with supertux3d.
Right now I’m working on copying the levels.

So, I basically finished converting YoFrankie. It works as well as I wanted it to.
DOES ANYBODY WANT TO SEE IT? Because I don’t want to waste hours of bandwidth
on an incomplete version if nobody wants to see it.
Now me and blendapprentice are working on converting sprites and levels, respectively.

Also, if people want to start making levels, YoFrankie levels are compatible with the converted
supertux3d. If you do, then I’m sure i can find time to upload the latest supertux3d revision to SVN.

I’d love to see it! :smiley:

I actually kind of hoped I wouldn’t have to…
but I can’t ignore interest in my own work. Thanks for the implied complement, Blendiac!

Sorry I’ve been gone for a while…
Do you need me to upload anything or something?

Hey if it’s too much work you can hold off (hey it’s not like I’ve been releasing often!), but I love what I’ve seen so far and it sounds like it’s come along well since then and, well… I always love seeing cool stuff. :slight_smile:

Not to mention that I have an obvious love of platform games with open-source mascots. :smiley:

minifig: I think I can do it, and things aren’t compressing much anyway,
so i would still have to send it to you.

blendiac: It’s worth it, if you’re intrested.

i got almost all of it uploaded. some files have absoloute paths still,
and i didn’t upload any blenderplayers except the linux-i386 one, but the link i posted a few pages back will now download the nearly latest version.
the absoloute paths are for /media/sdb1/New\ Folder/, so if somthing doesn’t work because of an absoloute path,
then unpack the tarball in that folder. i’m running ubuntu 8.10.
you might need the supertux2 images put in /usr/share/games/supertux2/images/.
windows and mac users, you’re out of luck for now. i’ll try to get fixed (relative-path)
versions of the files uploaded soon.
the tarball is about 300 MB.

if i missed somthing in this post (like if the files are broken and I don’t know) tell me.

does anyone want an irc channel on freenode? 'cause i’m kind of tired of this post-and-wait forum.

and does anybody want to look at this thread? it’s been like forever since i posted the update.

I just had a design idea:
the levels can all be visible froom each other.
the world would be the worldmap.
in the 2d levelmap there are dots, in my idea the dots would be replaced
by the actual levels.

what say you?

So, is there a download link? I’m kind of lost browsing the SVN.

yeah, like i said, on page 3 there’s a link,
i’ll repost it. [HERE]
sorry i wasn’t clear where the link was.
you can find a link like that on the bottom of each page of the
sourceforge svn browser.
the link on those pages says ‘download gnu tarball’
also, right now it will only work on linux, as said above.
if you have windows, tell me, and i’ll hurry more to fix the linux-onlyness.

Thx! I’m on Linux, so all the “Linux-onlyness” for me is good. :slight_smile:

phew.

/////// this part is just to make the message meet the minumum of 100 characters ///////

OK, I just played it, but I think I might have had that wrong paths error you talked about as most of the levels just hung for me (except “Into the Caves”). First impressions:

I love how you increased the jump size. Would be great to do something similar to the walk speed which feels very slow. The ice/snow textures feel very authentic to the original supertux, which is nice. It would be nice to see some kind of detail on the part of Tux that faces the camera. From behind it’s a bit hard to tell he’s a penguin. Not sure the best way of doing this. Was nice to see the original “Fish Coins” icon in the top right corner.

Overall: Looking good so far, and I’m looking forward to seeing mre!

Will report back when I’ve tried fixing the paths as posted above.

Cheers

Blendiac

ohh, cool! i tried the link, and only half of the file downloaded.
so the link is actually good?

uhh… as far as i know, it’s a good link…

blendiac: the paths thing can be fixed by these to steps:

1. unpack the tarball into /media/sdb1/New\ Folder/
    so blender_game_engine/ in the tarball would be /media/sdb1/New\ Folder/blender_game_engine
  2. put the supertux2 images in /usr/share/games/supertux2/images.

if you do that, it should work. in the meantime, i’ve broken my copy of the files,
and need to re-download the thing i uploaded…
but i don’t have the bandwidth to re-download it right now.
wow, not again. sigh…