SuperTux 3D

I would kind of like to see firetux. :yes:

You may want to adjust the UV maps on the blocks so that they don’t have ?'s on the top & bottom.

okay, I have some pics of big and firetux.
looking at egg:
http://learncomputer.net84.net/supertux3d-screenshot-8-looking_at_egg.jpg

big:http://learncomputer.net84.net/supertux3d-screenshot-9-big.jpg

firetux:
http://learncomputer.net84.net/supertux3d-screenshot-10-firetux.jpg

another view on firetux:
http://learncomputer.net84.net/supertux3d-screenshot-11-firetux2.jpg

also, I made a couple of "screencast"s of the game.
a sad (0.5 fps) ogg theora is here
a better, 10 fps, but for some reason too bright avi is here.
turn the brightness down in your video player for the avi.

EDIT: oh, oops. I just noticed that the mouse got captured in the screenshots. oh well.

Looks nice so far!:yes:

one suggestion about textures. try and darken the base of the higher areas, and in general, try and make the snow less uniform. (areas of light and dark, like a circle of dark around the base of the raised areas)

right now, its kind of painful to look at

other the that, looks great!

Good idea :slight_smile:
But the snow is too bright. And the skydome is too tiled up. But nice work, anyways.

The coins may be a bit large.

The “3D” title could have some snow or something on it to make it “pop” more.:yes:

@minifig
yeah, the coins are really bad, they’ll suck no matter what I do until I include GLSL.
the “3D” title took about 180 seconds to make, of course it looks bad.

@B3D00
yeah, I know the skydome is bad, and i’m not sure what to do about that.
“the snow is too bright”? what?

@Yoda Almighty
not sure what you mean.

@minifig
thanks

Select the skydome then go into edit mode and select all. press “u” then “Reset”. OPen the uv/image editor then select all in the editor. Scale the squre down untill it’s not so “tiled”.

You said you don’t care at this stage for fixing the seams, well it will be a bad pain in the future if you wait. You should get one model nice and polished, then copy it to whever you want in the level.

Your game looks great!

the seams are weird, i tried to fix them when i made the model, and it didn’t work.
that’s why i don’t care right now.

You have to fix the UVs.

…well I just said i tried to and it didn’t work.

has anyone downloaded it from svn?? WELL?

because i am very seriously thinking about recoding all logic off of yofrankie, because it runs fast.
if it ran fast for any who have downloaded it, though, then it’s just my system, and i don’t
need to recode anything.

“it” is the whole game.

I don’t understand which file to download.:stuck_out_tongue:

right now, when looking at the snow, it is hard to see when the ground ends, and a vertical slope begins. just add a circle of darker snow around the base of vertical slopes. also try adding occasional regions of darker snow, and maybe areas of blue snow (ice)

To fix the UVs you select the snow pile, go in to edit mode, open the image editor and make sure none of the verts on the image editor are outside of the texture.

right. how many times do i have to say it? i tried that! something is wrong with the texture!
you may not be able to tell from the screenshots that the snowpiles only have seams when
you are far away from them. it has to do with the bugs in the render baker.

yoda almighty, i might do that, if it still looks like [2d] supertux.

minifig, [THIS]. note that i have not uploaded the textures yet, i’m so lazy.

If there aren’t any textures, then how am I supposed to try to help with your texture problem?:confused:

Cool! Indeed.

I was make a mod for the supertux2d, with sprites in 3d like Donkey Kong from SNES.

But this project is more ambicious.

@madman: thanks! (nobody else complement me because i’ll have to think of a better response! lol!)

@minifig: rotfl (rolling on the floor laughing)! I didn’t mean help with the textures. I meant for you, and everyone else,
to see how slow the logic is! (still rotfl…)

news:
my recode of the logic off of yofrankie is going nicely. nothing announcable yet though.

Oh.:spin:
O.K.:stuck_out_tongue:

okay, basically al the logic in my yofrankie-to-supertux3d thing is correct, now i need to transfer the graphics.
this is the hard part - how to replace all meshes and armature datablocks and all the actions and the sounds.
and all that without breaking anything.

(sigh)

this is why i didn’t just start out with this kind of thing, and instead started from scratch.