T-55A tank work in progress

recently i started working on this T-55A, its been few days, im looking for feedback of other artists here, as im looking forward to improve it and add missing elements, till now im close to finishing the front. all comments and tips are appreciated!

9 Likes

Looks good so far! When I make vehicles, I tend to make the frame thickness too thick, but You’ve got it pretty much right I think. I don’t know about tank armour, but thinner than my frame, the lighter, and better. :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you!!! ill make sure to edit the thickness and try to suit it as much as it is in real life, gonna give more realistic model :+1:

1 Like

I will neat peak, why road and sprocket wheels are so flat? Is it just texture?
They should be recessed much deeper.

Rest looks really nice.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, the sprocket and idler wheel i made are different than that reference, i thought their are 2 versions from this tank (as in an edited one) now i realized that these are the base ones lol, ill make sure to remake them, thank you!

1 Like

Hmm… That’s interesting. I’ve looked some more on pictures on google, and I could find wheels similar to yours, but only on toys, models and such (although not as flushed with the rest of the wheel).
Still there might be such variant of the wheels. It might not be the case of standard/not standard, it might just be how certain factories did them, like differences on T-34 tanks. Soviets built loads of them, so you probably will find many variants of certain details.

True, i might have to keep some time in the end to make edited version and models with different parts, for now i guess ill just keep it like that and in the end ill make more versions, thanks for the suggestion tho ill keep that in mind :+1::+1::+1:

Hello, im back with some new updates

2 Likes

Hello again, im back with some updates, tips are appreciated

2 Likes

Looks really nice! Any chance we could get a wireframe version? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sure, ill post one in the next update :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Heyy, Im back with some updates, new wheels, new back enginer covers, and some more details, for next update its going to be the rework of some parts on the back, adding left details on top and driver hatch, tips and comments are appreciated!

3 Likes

Some tight modeling in there, seems like a mix of SDS & procedural - looks good though :+1:

1 Like

Hey everyone,
Im back with some new updates, i revamped the pipe at the back, in addition to the handling of the wooden log and the pipe, other than adding the driver hatch, any ideas what else to add before moving to turret?

2 Likes

Hello, im back with the turret base shape, its just 10 percent done for next time i have the cupola base shape and some details
tips are appreciated
and is their any easier ways to approach the cloth of the tank?

3 Likes

Hey everyone, im back with the new updates, the cupolas are almost done and i added the floodlight beside the mantlet and connected it to the cannon, still tweaking the cloth around.
Tips and comments are appreciated!

4 Likes

Coming along :sunglasses:

Also that mantel shroud fabric for the main armament looks particularly nice - was it sculpted natively in Blender as well?

2 Likes

Yes, the mantel i did is a basic cylinder shape and sculpted along the cannon of the tank in blender, I actually used a displace cloud map to give it some wrinkles but the main shape is sculpted

Hello everyone, im back with some updates, i added cloth and handle bars on the turret in addition to some modifications, i feel the turret is still empty (i still have some welds and small hangings to add) but is their any idea about more stuff to add?
tips and comments are appreciated :blush::blush::blush:

4 Likes

Wow! Nice progress! It’s lookin great!
I can see a shovel on the side of the turret, or some other tool will fill in detail I think. Good luck :+1: :grinning:

1 Like