T3D GN Presets - Addon containing Geometry Nodes Nodegroups

T3D GN Presets

A Collection of Incredibly Useful Nodes for Geometry Nodes - Blender 4.1

:bulb: Introduction:

• T3D GN Presets contains Node groups for Geometry Nodes, which include Deformers, Fields, UV, Utilities, and much more for free!
  • This is an essential component of an artist’s toolkit, enabling users to combine multiple nodes with endless possibilities in non-destructive workflows with existing Blender tools

:magic_wand: Release Notes:

• View full Release Notes on GitHub. Click here to navigate to GitHub page.
  • Download the addon here

:tada: New Nodes, Features & Changes:

:fireworks: New Features & Changes:

• Icon in the add menu has been changed to :small_blue_diamond: similar to other Geometry Node-based addons. (c6e1442)
  • Rotation inputs are changed to Rotation Sockets
  • Position and Normal inputs are set as default
  • Geometry To Spline inputs selection. Supports Mesh, Curve, and instances. Adapted new Points to Curve node. (0a2f609)
  • Instancers get option panel for inputs. (3df94bc)
  • Dropdown menu implemented for Delete Island and Replace Vector
  • Seamless Vector does not require inputs for Translation anymore

Deformer

• Deformers no longer support direct input of instances. Realize Instance node must now be used prior to applying deformers. (510b7d1) Deformers as Assets no longer exist. (074b970)

:rotating_light: Depreciated Features:

• Removed Shade Auto Smooth as a replacement for the built-in node.
  • Removed SDF nodes (95ae7c2).
  • Removed Simple Decimate (95ae7c2).
  • Replaced Transform Position with Vector Mapping, expected the same behavior (07b67e8).

:screwdriver: Compatibility

• Make sure to have a supported Blender version and the corresponding addon version.
  • Nodes with a Rotation socket are not compatible with Blender versions 4.0 and below.
  • Deformer assets will work as expected.
  • Depreciate nodes may still function as expected. Nodes modified by the user will remain modified. Changes in newer addon versions are not useful for files migrated from Blender 4.0 and below, as nodes are only appended, not linked.
  • The nodes that come with the addon are regular node groups; they do not include any additional code or provide new functionality to existing ones.
  • In case of any missing data blocks, raise an issue here.
8 Likes

If you face any issues while using the addon or using the nodegroups, you can either raise a GitHub issue or discuss about it here. I’m ready to help with any kind of issues :white_heart:
Since the documentation is not ready yet, feel free to ask about any node parameter

2 Likes

I’m testing the grid instancer and I’d like to space the instanced geometries with a little random offset but connect a random value inside the spacing vector doesn’t seems to give me the correct result.
At least, I can’t understand why there is a row (or column) that still aligned and another one that seems considering the random spacing offset.
This is what I’ve now
Schermata_20240312_230129

immagine

Is it correct?

@marcatore I have tested with a similar setup, it seems to be working fine. I speculate that there is some issue with your setup. The orientation or axis of the input Geometry may be incorrect since Count Z refers Instancing along Up and Down axis, but the result in the image seems to be Right and Left
Please attach the .blend file, if the issue cannot be still fixed.

Grid Instancer

Linear Instancer (Alternate setup)

This looks quite interesting.

Would you kindly consider dropping a link to this thread (maybe alongside your List of Nodes as above) in the following thread?

greetings, Kologe

I’ll try to simplify and isolate the part involved on this and send you if I won’t be able to solve by myself.

About the axis rotation you should consider that the base object was rotated so probably there is something on that… I’ll try to unrotate and see if something changes…

I’ve tried in a super simple scene trying to randomize all the instanced objects by grid.
As attached the file.

You’ll find a switch where you can see the effect of two ways I’ve tried to make random position for the cylinders.
randomizing_grid.zip (130.8 KB)

As I’d like to have is a way to randomize every cylinder and not per grid or per row.

Hey there!

The spacing in the Grid Instancer is not meant to function on a per-row or per-column basis; rather, it is designed to operate randomly per instance. I recommend utilizing the Translate Instances Node for any positional translations. The desired outcome involves applying the modulo of the number of instances in each row or column to a random value (Index / ID input), and then using this result to translate instances (Vector Input).

The purpose of spacing is to instance geometry in a completely even or entirely random manner, where it controls the spacing between two instances. It is not intended to work on a per-row or per-column basis. While there are methods to achieve this, inputting a random value and expecting it to function on a per-row basis is not practical. Using Translate Instances provides a more effective solution.

I apologize for my delayed response.

1 Like

thank you for your reply.
I’ll try your suggestions.