TBW - An UpBGE Blender Game!

Dune Part2 . Want to switch to it ? :smiley:

lol i seen the trailer lol :joy: want me to make a Dune Game lol

Fred/K.S

It looks nice. A bit lonely though. Are you going to add sound effects? (This was the first question my room mate asked when she saw my demos and she was sooooo right!)

1 Like

I’ve got sound packs yes, I’ve been working on every intricate aspect of the game and sound is a BIG one, sound sfx, in game fx and much much more, events, AI and much much more environmental sound, in game music and environmental effects things that help with the immersion aspect of the game.

Every aspect of this project is being worked on Gradually (as in step by step, brick by brick with detail and context added to every little detail, its alot of work for a solo dev) I have all the resources, every material required to make this game a possibility.

It’s just a matter of putting it all up together bit by bit. as in building the builds of the game, I have made asset models, textures and most of which ive designed myself so yeah.

regarding sounds, I’ve had access to resources online for stuff like in game sfx (Sound effects)
I am also working hard on mixing sounds, so that I can get a quality cinematic sound art style, directly tailored to the game’s experience.
(as in I create specific unique sounds for the game that make the experience feel fresh original and new of its own kind and style, mixing sounds and amplifying sounds using Audacity and fruity Loops studio)

So from the main menu ‘sfx’ to in game ‘sfx’, and even to trailer content, every aspect of the game is being implemented by me so far.
The reality is that with such a dense pipeline and working on it myself atm alone, I can only do 1 thing at a time. (Its no longer about just getting things in just like that, its about doing it properly taking the necessary time to polish what gets implemented, hence why i spent so long experimenting in 2017 - 2020 and i got the results i needed to get going on a project like this)
At this point, I don’t stress anymore, I dont rush anymore, I take my time, I just work on the game; I’m very passionate about the scope of the game’s vision, also my mental health has also been on edge over the past years on this project, but in the past 2 years I’ve learnt to master my mind and hearts condition as I work on a project like this, its a very emotional journey it requires alot of your energy and time but its doable, Another factor also is i plan to release a documentary when the game gets released publicly, so that people can see and learn what it takes to solo a project of this scope and magnitude on a dated engine, then people can watch and support my efforts on this game and acknowledge what I went through to make this all work out.

I have a dedicated build on TBW - Roadmap that will have the completion of sound implementation for the game. and every build after 0.0.3 will feature sound sfx they just have to with all the mechanics I’m implementing and the new AI tracking sys it all has to work and be well structured.

regarding character voiced lines, atm I will stick to just subtitles until i have a big portion of the game made; I am considering voice actors or i can even use AI voiced lines idk i’ll see which one works best, but I’m always opened up to auditions for people to voice act the actual story, but that would mean that the story cutscenes would have to be done and completed right now the story boards are done its just the setting up, in my next update we are getting a taste of some in game cutscenes how they play out and that would be a great time to showcase my skills on sfx implementation in the game.

its simple and straight to the point its just implementation phase, will take abit of time for me at this point!

Best
Fred/K.S

2 Likes

Very good to hear that! You really care. And yes, I understand, such a big project needs a cool mind. Take your time, refresh, little step by step.

1 Like