TBW - An UpBGE Blender Game!

HEYY :grinning: :open_mouth: :astonished: @BluePrintRandom long time no see bud! you should PM me on discord Lets Talk!

i’d be interested to see how you worked on your tools too buddy.

I haven’t advanced since last time i was active on TBW, on my planet Gen Tech! However the atmosphere is always looking good on my part! but i’d love to learn something new from you on your part.

i will also look at how i can do full planets in UPBGE EEVEE! 0.3.0 with the whole new EEVEE Rewrite idk or maybe i’ll stick to just Alpha planetary maps…

So great to hear from you again bud.

Fred/K.S

however i do have a masterplan to utilize Geo nodes as a way to optimize for better performance on builds made in UPBGE 0.3.0, Although i may not know exactly how gameplay will turn out well for the Build.

Fred/K.S

Oh, it’s really terrible for a developer when his computer breaks down and cannot be restored - it’s good that you saved the game files, I myself am often lazy to make saves to cloud storage - but this is probably the most important thing that any developer should do to save his work in case of an emergency - I wish you to get a good and reliable computer faster and get back to development faster

1 Like

a computer cost nothing today and it doesn’t prevents testing the game . Just lower game resolution

Sure thing buddy thank you so much will do I’m already on it!

I’m just so happy I’ve had more time to properly plan the next phase and next stage of the game’s development.
And so coming back with actual progress and content is what I’m focusing on right now in the meantime while I sort out my New PC situation.

Fred/K.S

1 Like

Lol the game was being built on a mid range laptop notebook but no optimisations were integrated in its development.

So it required a much higher end for proper testing and benchmarking and also performance checks and all that but in general adding more would require more power more efficiency but most importantly workflow has to be smooth, that’s the most important part.

The only thing that separates me from experiencing a free loose open real-time workflow is the delay between the, PRESS P to Play and actually making tweaks to the Game during development.

Otherwise In general had this been smoother like Unreal Engine maybe all would be real-time, idk maybe Eevee someday…

Fred/K.S

did you tried your game with a real game scene ? Up to how much vertex and objects are u able to run on screen ?

1 Like

good luck for you Fred

1 Like

Not that much actually, game runs decently!

It’s not a vertex problem, it’s just a scope matter.

I think I’m just going to downsize the game world abit and manage a lot more things at a low scale.

Fred/K.S

1 Like

Ohh no need for luck bud it’s all logic and discipline. I’ll notify you all as soon as I get back on to this….

Fred/K.S

I understand, but still a little luck will not hurt, I myself make a game about space and sometimes accidentally found absolutely wonderful examples - for example, procedural sci-fi textures or shaders that, after a little refinement, worked in the game, although they were originally made for blender 2.9-3.0 since you are a realist in life, I wish you good thoughts and clear heads when developing a game :grin: :+1:

1 Like

yeah, it’s good choice to scale down and focus on something. An enjoyable open world is just too much work before the game is more than traveling around with no purposes. What aspect on your game u want to focus on ? Spaceship battles , Rts, Rpg ?

1 Like

I’ve been reminded to focus more on the story aspect of the game. :thinking:
So the story is essentially what drives the game forward, so this means that I have to design the entire gameplay experience wrapped around the story, So based on what the story is going to be like and what players will be able to experience as they travel and journey through the campaign experience.
That’s the most important part of the gameplay actually.

So instead, rather I’ve decided that I’m taking the “show more approach” instead of the “tell less” approach!

Show More Approach = Player experiences the story more! by playing through the main missions of the game > The Gameplay compensates for that aspect of the experience by “Showing More” which is ‘doing more’ through the gameplay, which adds purpose to the story, and the story told gives direction to the player.

Tell Less Approach = The Player is blasted with words and Summarized scripts of what the story is and the playstyle is so disconnected from the actual story and experience of the game, this leaves players with idk questions that frustrate them
example: what the heck I am doing , what do I have to do? why am i doing this? why do i have to go there? WTF is the story of this game? players have no sense of purpose because there is no direction implemented in to the gameplay experience.

an example of “Tell Less” is this:
load some random battlefield with ai bots no progression just kill and shoot as many AI as possible until the round is over… things like that make players tired and want to quit a game made on an already dated engine its a waste of time, if i chose to just write a bland brief script about a mode that people can play in many modern games out there … tell less approach doesn’t give the game value it makes it trash and sh*t on an already dated game engine.

Where as The “Show More” approach takes the initiative to explain to the player why you are doing what you are doing, Example: so ‘A’ needs to be freed because of B, and ‘B’ is depending on A in the game story wise, so there’s a proper flow chain of operations in the game world.

so a basic example of mision objectives would be outlined as:

• take out the villains who are present here at this point and then you will free ‘A’ and A will be able to help B, and the story cutscenes will show you how B gets helped through your actions through the gameplay and C can then benefit from you mission progression, then the villains (Story) or Enemy AI (In game world) can cause another problem somewhere in the game world as part of the progression of the narrative or they try to now attack your secured point location.

Focusing on the Little details:

• its things like that that will make players say wooowww, I’m already impressed and intrigued that a game like this is able to tell an immersive diverse story with a relevant purposeful meaningful gameplay playstyle. (They wont feel betrayed by the Tech or the Engine being used or the Graphics but the experience and playstyle through the story direction will make it a worthwhile experience, those who fall in love with the story will keep playing the game because they like it and there’s nothing else like it out there making it a truly unique and special game.)

Things like boss fights will be more meaningful … more challenging, for example if you didn’t upgrade then the AI Boss will easily defeat you in the mission, some bosses are literally undefeatable unless you upgraded or you finished certain parts of the previous missions before you got to the actual boss level fight scene.

Everything is connected: boss fights are all connected to the story and your campaigns progression, allowing you to progress in ways according to how the story is being told.

The Show More Approach - basically is, “doing everything” basically going the extra mile to show more, through the actual plot of the game, but extending that through its gameplay experience…
but its scope tied & limited to the storytelling aspect of the main plot of the game, not some mindless empty huge vast game with no purpose…
It’s all tied down to the scope of the story, if the story is ambitious the gameplay will reflect those elements things like Ground to space and much much more!

so with what I’m doing now replanning this entire project im getting the plan up and ready for a successful development cycle, that will allow me to atleast showcase the 1st part of the story in the official demo which is basically the beta demo.

beta demo has been a planned release from the start.

but every integrated feature and mechanic or aspect of the game will be fitted in to the core of the narrative experience.

so here’s an example: (Story Tied Gameplay Style - For the player Experience!)
if the game starts with a space battle it will allow players to choose whether they want to board enemy capial ships and defeat the target or capture a point its all going to be integrated with how the narrative goes not just free roam with no direction!

Every Implemented feature is part of the story and the story allows the player to experience this in their playstyle without breaking immersion and involvement in the main narrative of the game.

for example: ground to space or space to ground the missions allow players to fly from space to ground in the mission to their target point with out them having to break the story … but there is always a sheer amount of freedom added lets say the player decides to explore the map and cut out of the mission structure they will pause the mission and wherever they fly too on the map whether its going back in to space while the mission requires them to go in the planet to the base and secure a capture point as part of the main narrative they are free to fly where they want to go to but they cant travel to another map there are limits that reset players if they happen to go out of reach!

so yeah, every feature and aspect of the game, primarily in the 1st mission of the campaign; train the player to stick to the mission design structure and path but later on the missions allow for some diversity as to how they want to play and in what way. (giving them freedom of choice)

so the game mainly has this ambitious scope, that explores the possibilities of what UPBGE can do! what the engine handles best and greatly and plays stably well and is brilliantly executed at runtime, as I narrow the scope up a bit regarding performance.
All will be documented and what can’t be done or executed well in the engine, will be listed and a workaround can be adopted!

but yeah that’s the whole point of this game, ‘to tell a story and to immerse the players in that story with all the features that have been added’ everything has been tailored to tell a good star wars story from a fans enthusiastic mind and impression about star wars really.

all at while pushing an old aged dated game engine to its MAX in to areas where no other developers were capable of doing so or solo dev’s have ever tried to attempt before.

There’s s much untapped potential with UPBGE and even in todays world, with todays standards everything is relevant, who knows maybe some pure die hard fan could come to me one day and want a remake of this game in unreal engine, As log as they put up a cohesive team and are willing to work and remake this masterpiece of an UPBGE Game the possibilities remain infinite & endless, All that matters is its perfect execution.

My simple Advise to all people who are interested in Solo Game Dev:
Don’t chase game engines and graphics! “chase a proper and cohesive vision” even if you are building something on an old dated engine, that is rated as sh*t by todays standards its not the engine that Determines how great the game is.

What Makes a Great Perfect Game is How it is Made Executed How it plays and How it holds up on its own as its own unique perfect masterpiece of a game that executes a great vision and expands on it through all its gameplay Elements!

at the end of the day those are just peoples opinions, people can talk but can they make something like this ? can the fulfil the impossible? you see there buddy… that’s how it is!

so to answer your question

Blockquote
yeah, it’s good choice to scale down and focus on something. An enjoyable open world is just too much work before the game is more than traveling around with no purposes. What aspect on your game u want to focus on ? Spaceship battles , Rts, Rpg ?

So to answer your question here buddy, I wont narrow the game to just space battles, I will undertake everything but as and how the story goes so the story leads the gameplay structure if mission 1 was fighting on capital ships then by the end of the mission you would have been boarded or you will be led to even fly to the surface of the planet seamlessly and engage ground targets or capture points for the sake of the story and plots direction the same thing with the character as well.
(The campaign gives you a character to play with and each character you play as contributes to the overall narrative of the plot.)

mission 2 can be on a new map with new places new mission structure designs whether its light saber fights or exploring tombs or vast lands or another battle somewhere on another planet the mission progresses the gameplay experience that way it doesn’t just keep 1 play style it uses multiple playstyles and the few chars that it gives you to play with.

so there’s no narrow playstyle its a diverse playstyle on 5 to 10 different worlds all part of 1 great narrative.

the emphasis here is on cutscenes and storytelling that’s the biggest part of making the game doing it all in game is a real challenge.

so at this point my focus is on how do i nail the story down 1st get the story perfectly written so that when i make and execute i just blend and adapt the gameplay to the parts of the narrative allowing the player to experience parts of the story in different ways the narrative directs them to experience without cutting out the immersion aspect.

its almost like a star wars simulator except its not just crayZ and wild on the gameplay its linear story drives the heart of the player experience.

I figured that by narrowing down the gameplay to the story will allow this game to be completed and made with a purpose so that it doesn’t end up as an empty game with no story but vast nothing ness to travel and explore nothing and lifeless worlds where as the story gives purpose for players to utilize every mechanic and feature implemented in tot he game.

things like ground to space, space ship battles, light saber combat, ground exploration I can even expand the game to create mini puzzled gameplay or combat battle zones I can add speederbike racing and all that kinds of stuff or fetch quest runs etc the possibilities are endless even adding infiltration missions in the city centers and district.

on paper it sounds like alot but with a complete plan and a well told story it can all be achieved because the scope is tied to the story and not just mindless brainless random events that are daunting to make with no purpose.

About the Power of UPBGE:
I figured at this point the BGE or UPBGE is not like unity or unreal engine that are commonly used game engines today where you can make an RTS or MMO or battle royale styled or a battlefield multiplayer shooter game that players can play and replay randomly daily all the time.

its an engine that can allow for a good story to be told and experienced the way it was meant to be played because large ambitious scales the engine cannot handle those well due to some bugs and how the engine lacks on many points but a decent game with a decent story with a limited playstyle scope can be

Because you see you gotta understand the reality in today’s age players aren’t goina spend countless hours on a game that was made in an engine like UPBGE or BGE for days playing an fps game or just a space ship game. they would rather invest some hours in playing a game where a decent story was made with a gameplay that’s been wrapped around it nicely giving them the immersion in the story experience that I believe would appeal more to players and if they want to come back for more every time they play this game they can hop into arcade mode and play on these maps and have a decent playthrough experience that’s for those who fall in love with the game.

so it may not be for graphics or a repetitive playstyle like an online shooter or a your common games today it has to be a special cohesive unique experience that the player can be wowed by and say how TF did they make a game like this on a dated engine. the manner in which the story and the gameplay are welded together should make players intrigued and invested and interested but the greatest challenge with UPBGE is performance and stability. the 0.2.0 is the most stable version of UPBGE ever built and abit of 0.2.5
where as 0.2.3 and 0.2.4 were the most buggiest builds of UPBGE.

A great game, with a good decent story can be made and the experience is worthwhile playing as an UPBGE Game; as opposed to creating a modern game with modern playstyle elements that everyone is used in modern game engines with their peak graphics that has a repetitive game loop or a grind that’s boring that many countess games already have out there.

Fred/K.S

Just A Quick Update: (Am working on small stuff at the moment nothing big yet for my Return)

Just a Quick Tease for Next Planet Update:
Iam currently looking at how cutscenes could play out in game, with every transition and cut made with seamless transitions, so basically how i could sequence motion scenes… and make em play out smoothly uninterrupted by gameplay elements.

BTW this is Just a Hint and a Tease for the Next Planet I’m making atm (For my gradual return to the project), I am currently looking in to making a similar sky like the one in the clip below.

I’m still planning out the next phase of development and making serious adjustments to the game to ensure its playability with its current scope.

I’m just Teasing the Next Showcase will be a New Planet MAP!
Next Big Update should be TEXTURE WORK!

Fred/K.S

1 Like

The next major implementation to the project will be tiling up an entire planet surface without any expensive taxes on the performances, atm with @Daedalus_MDW’s implemented tiles in his game 3 he is able to load and save state in his current tile implementations. id like to see how efficient will that be when traversing an entire planet from its surface loading and unloading resources.

Since the game has large open playable areas:
Initially my plan is to add more to the map, offcourse i will revitalize the entire terrain, and add more detail but tiling is the next major implementation in this Open GL structure.

And these large open areas allow for me to add more content to the game as time goes on once a build is out there’s always room to add more content on each planet map.

Revisiting Where I Left off: (08-06-23)
So i fired up the blend up again just to see how things are again, things are the same nothing much has changed but so far the work has been a huge milestone from a while while back.

There’s also “destructive Environments” in TBW, when it comes to the War Aspect (Large scaled war will be stored on tiles loaded and unloaded, paused when necessary), its all part of the ambition of the game’s scope, so being able to level terrains and terraform terrains in realtime without losing framerate is also an essential feature, I’m also planning and working on implementing!

Example: if you shoot the ground or blow up sand dunes you should be able to create a crater in the ground, or if a capital ship comes falling down from space it should be able to level an entire terrain battlefield, i know it sounds crayZ but its all possible if done right with the right calculations and the right setups and the perfect micro management its highly possible.

Example for destructible environments and leveling terrains on a battlefield:
(I’m taking inspiration from BF2 2017’S MAP DESIGN)
I Could have destruction baked in to meshes and then I just alter the mesh when necessary events are triggered… The rest is just smoke textures playing n all…

All these triggered events can be baked to save performance the rest is just a bunch of spawner’s spawning things and updating the terrain either adding debris that was loaded in a tile or already deformed terrain mesh.

However “Dynamic Destruction” may present itself as quite a challenge on the UPBGE, By adding all this I’m Literally MAXING out UPBGE 0.2.0 with this game by adding all this stuff, all while optimizing the performance for a stable Gameplay Experience.
(Then the last thing would be to add a suitable good sound design to the Gameplay Experience)

Regarding the planetary Map For the BETA Demo:
I will improve the map and add an actual day and night cycle where the planet GRID Rotates, as for shadows on the terrain the shadows will be baked and animated not realtime otherwise the inconsistencies may show during runtime.

Fred/K.S

Large Planets Explained in OPEN GL “Example”: (How Planetary Terrains Work)

Explained - How it works!
The body of the planet is a cube with 4 32x32 panels per each face. These are projected onto a sphere and then sample values from height maps are used for the deformation of the sphere.

This idea is a quadtree based terrain division. When the camera gets within a distance (relative to that panel’s width) instead of rendering itself the panel calls its own render functions 4 times with the relative positions and sizes of the child panels. Those panels then repeat the same process until the camera is not close enough to divide or the finest level of division has been reached. In this video the panels divide up to 15 times and frame rates are still over 400fps.

Frustum culling is not currently used those there is culling based on how far a panel is past the horizon so that panels entirely past the horizon are not rendered.

The height maps and normal maps are generated at execution time with the Libnoise library. It generates 4 maps for height and 4 maps for normals. Each map is a quadrant of the surface. Maps are generated on separate threads and each map takes about 15 seconds to generate so it takes about 30 seconds or so of asset generation before things start rendering.

You Have things such as parallax mapping for things like clouds already, or the realtime night and day system as well…

Fred/K.S

These are videos from your game? This is incredible!!!

1 Like

Its Planetary Tech I will showcase some of these final results in upcoming updates.

I’m changing the dynamic of how everything works, and how I’m making the game so it’s going to be much much more playable with the next few showcases. Stay Tuned

Fre/K.S

Revisiting where I left off back in 2021 - Firing up TBW Test Demo Builds!

So as you all know, I’m returning to the project this year of 2023 gradually.
I know its been so long, its been a past 2 years of basically nothing New.
literally nothing major, no progress since April 2021, I know how it feels, alot of the hard work I’ve done feels Samey and people want to see something breathtakingly new, however I’ve already mentioned above, that this month I’m concluding on the plan for this game.

I’m doing this before I can actually resume development fully, I’m optimizing my time and adapting the plan accordingly, so that I can get straight to the point and actually finish this game as a fully playable build, where we are able to see the game from start to finish, I’ve been rewriting the story, I’ve been rewriting the gameplay ive been planning out certain mechanics and system but most importantly ive been redefining the development process for the entire game, so im redefining how this game gets made so that its stable it works and it is able to play and what will make this game unique is its execution and approach. Im do not believe in giving up, iam a propponent of hard work and all the work ive done was hard to do and where im going with this project it would be interesting for me to continue by resuming it from next month and so, and the beauty is what’s coming is going to be completely new and different.

this past week i fired up some old builds, i fired up The BlenderWARS Build:
Alpha Version 0.0.1 and i also tested in Test build version 02 as well so far here are some clips of where i left off, i also tested a BETA Demo map that ive showcased the planet map a few times above the desert planet at full planetrary scale, planet tech isnt ready yet but iam impressed to see that blender, UPBGE is able to hold up with out any optimizations at all whatsoever and its able to render unparalleled draw distances all up in to the vacum of space im able to get the full atmospheric shader working in game and it would be really ineresting where all this could go in the future.

here are some video clips i recorded of my gameplay as i refired up the old builds, game feels great, feels good to come back even though im back in planning phase, its great to come back to something that is able to be played after so long its really motivating and helps to direct where the project is to go next with all the new upcoming content. BRAND NEW stuffs incoming in 2023 stay tuned!

Firing UP TBW - (Closed) Alpha Build ver 0.0.1 (Footage Recording)

BETA Demo Full Planetary Scale Map with New Atmospheric Scattering sky and shader features Day and Night as well.

The Good thing is The Builds still plays well and feels as good as new till this day! am really impressed at the amount of work achieved it still gives me that appeal till today and its extremely motivating, Game dev is an emotional journey more than anything else… (Smooth 60 FPS - No optimizations)

So its great that these builds still play well, as good as new as back when I left them! (How I play builds, i fire up from standalone game launcher, and I test the maps) however my focus now is on getting more builds to advance the development better and more efficiently, my next major focus is optimization and also downscaling abit on some of the scopes as a means for optimization but I’m working within the limitations of the engine. (Large Planetary sized maps full scale BETA Demo Map)

I’ve got new tech on the fly being implemented by me offcourse as well and i also have new systems i want to showcase and teach at some point. I truly genuinely feel that this is the last true project on UPBGE that will really raise the bar and set the standard for open world games and other types of games that can be made in UPBGE in the future should people come back to the engine otherwise it may just be the last true Game made on the engine, and I’m happy i get to finish and make this game because i love it.

The nice and Good thing about TBW is that, its got its own appeal, its own looks, its own uniqueness and structure and also it plays well for its type and kind of game; its a great game after all and possibly the last true good serious project on the UPBGE, while everyone flocks over to other game engines, that doesn’t worry me.

What worries me is, whether I get to make content or not or if I don’t deliver on time due to delays, that’s my most worried concern here, but all I know is that I am back and I’m going to make this the best it can be, according to its ambitious scope and perfectly executed vision.

I dont care what other people will think or say against my progress to come, but all I know is this game will look, feel and sound and play differently than 100% most games out there, I’m focused on delivering 'the best UPBGE experience’ without any compromises to performance or any of those shortcomings neither the game engine’s limitations.

main focuses include: STORY (Comes 1st), PERFORMANCE (Comes 2nd) & GAMEPLAY (Comes 3rd)

thanks for supporting the project to all who reply on this thread in the past and from this point now going forward. I appreciate every good feedback that comes my way here on Blender Artists Community as well as on the Discord Server as well.

Fred/K.S

2 Likes

Moving Forward! (From July Onwards I’m working Gradually on the New Content!)

So I’ve completed the plan for the game now I’m starting work again on the new stuff!
I will be posting when content gets ready, but all showcases will be up on here always as soon as there’s something pretty to see.

As Part of the last gameplay footage you will all see for the “Pre-Alpha” ‘Test Build’, I’m just going to leave some of the best screenshots I took from the Test build, I tested out last month of June and I will leave the gameplays here as well as showcases, nothing major we’ve all seen this here on this thread over the months prior to this year.
Now it time to build on where I left off. Darn it sure feels good to be back :cowboy_hat_face:

Last Update On Playthrough of the - “Pre Alpha Demo” ‘Test Build v02’:

[ Updated: 2023-06-28 ]
Latest Gameplay: from Pre-Alpha Demo latest build - ‘Test Build v02’
Works In Progress Resumes! After my playtest Last month!

Here’s The Atmospheric Flight Showcase:

I will upload more latest versions that are much more improved after this, atleast this time everyone gets to see the End of Pre-Alpha Phase of the project as i move in to the Alpha Phase of the project and actually create some gameplay.

Just Some Updates on My New Direction and Perspective:

Just to add to what I was talking about when it comes to the new TBW - In game tech implementations.

When it comes to the Entire Planets, the “BETA Map’s Scope” which is Full planetary scale for each mission level in TBW.
Personally: I’m Against using a Procedural Tech generation method solution when it comes to world design, since my planets are not Abstract and Barron/ repetitive maps! Procedural Tech is beautiful for alot of abstract things that are used to create an immersive scene or game play environment for a unique experience, however due to performance issues BGE is not very good at handling procedural at such an ambitious scope.
IMHO: I appreciate all my hard work and time and effort invested in building everything from scratch, from the ground up, this is what BGE is and was known for, testing and prototyping till this day, so i’ve decided to apply a different approach, to apply a much more bearable solution to handling large worlds and terrains and locations at such an immersive scale, I’m working on atm.

Regarding Planet Maps:
I just would like to let you all know that, I will not be procedurally generating random terrain seeds in real-time as this is going to cost alot on performance draw’s & callbacks and regarding random procedural planet gen, I’m generally against the idea that players would travel to locations i did not create that is computer generated, places or locations i did not add more depth or context to.

Procedurally generating random seeds in BGE is a hassle, and also, its just not a good solution due to performance and regarding the direction for the game (Its not good to generate random un-optimized seeds of terrain or land that players can never revisit or remember during their playthrough or gameplay experience every time they fire up the game and traverse the game worlds), so therefore as a result, I have chosen to manually craft and design every aspect of the game, every Biome and every piece of land that players will be able to explore and discover when in the free-roaming open level experience.) I will do my best to bake each terrain tile accordingly to the geo location on the surface of the planetary Map.

The current system Iam using is a customly optimized land gen, that is optimized for performance, its a tiling solution to fill every patch of land that allows and holds playable physics for the player and AI on or above the ground, to play on.

The BlenderWARS Project I believe will answer many questions as to what a game should bring to the table and be experienced in the most immersive way, I’m drawing inspiration from the early 2000’s; gameplay wise and mechanics wise.
I’m focusing on how I can make this game fun and tell a compelling story and at the same time, execute an impressive impossible experience using UpBGE.

This solution is one of the best ways to make the game what it truly is according to its vision, and this effort shows why the Gaming industry is failing and dying as a whole.
The reason why many modern games are killing the industry and are tarnishing what game’s used to mean to people 20 to 30 years ago, because of is the whole new Lazy Random procedural approach to everything, they fool players in to immersion through photorealistic fake graphics and inconsistencies vs actually hand crafting things.
(I’ve seen this with the whole new Unreal Engine and quixel mega scans (for textures) or the asset addons they use and create, they’ve found a way to deceive gamers and make them think that procedural is good and immersive, its all just an algorithm designed to randomly generate the same thing over and over and this is what kills the immersion and overall interest in a game in the longevity.

A real true proper game is meant to mean something to people, it’s supposed to be an immersive interactive experience designed to give and create a good feeling to the player who plays the game, that’s what makes a game realistic.
And the lesson learnt here is that when “The Game” built properly from the ground up it holds up in the Longevity ,that’s why so many of the old games (1995 - 2009) hold up so well in design, from a game design perspective and mechanics and gameplay analysis.

games are meant to be fun, not photorealistic faked real life tech demo’s that dont offer a true immersive experience.

I want to make a game that is nostalgic of many old past star wars games that i loved playing when i grew up all while taking that vision a step further and telling a simple yet short original story.

Alright I’m on to working on the new map now! :cowboy_hat_face:

Fred/K.S

2 Likes