TBW - An UpBGE Blender Game!

What i mean when i say that TBW will serve as a template im meaning the final product (BETA/ Full Game) once its done, everything ive worked on and also with @Daedalus_MDW on his game 3 we’ll provide Special Resources and Documentation on how to create a Possible future UPBGE Open World Games (Using our Method of tackling the Engine’s Limitations through workarounds) containing all the elements you’ve just mentioned all those are part of the technical aspects, i don’t want to get too technical in my explanation but yeah, So all the base mechanics as well as integrated built in Features will be documented. The streaming of assets to sustain a procedural generated open world, Tiling all those things ive put in TBW and also the documentation @Daedalus_MDW and i will put up will show how to maintain both visuals and gameplay , and offcourse the Game Application’s stability.

The reason why i mention Documentation is because i dont know a good Author who can put all this in to a Blender Game Engine 2019 Textbook for beginners or pro’s i idk so , like you’ve said yr self buddy that Wiki will help us do our documentation…

But 1st i need to release the Game and right now we’re on Alpha Stage, very soon towards the end of the year you guy’s will have access to the 1st Public Alpha Demo of TBW and early next year the BETA drops for sure !!!

BETA will have all the other 4 planets as promised and the Alpha will only feature 1 planet Map !!!

(ITS EPIC BUDDY I CANT WAIT FOR YOU GUY’S TO START PLAYING !!!)

Fred/K.S

3 Likes

UPBGE Official New Release (August 12)

DOWNLOAD TODAY !!!

Fred/K.S

2 Likes

UPDATE: (August 12)

Thank you guys so much for the wonderful feedback im still motivated to continue and maintain this level of quality even in to the final Game.

Fred/K.S:+1:

Here are some nice Wallpapers to support the Video !!!

5 Likes

holy crap i havent checked in on this in a long time and while ive been gone, you have done some amazing things. keep up the good work, dude!

1 Like

TBW - An UPBGE Game!

You are welcome to check it out!!!

The game will be available on itch.io

https://fredks.itch.io/kineknet-studios-tbw-an-upbge-game

Fred/K.S

your game will be moddable ? Like adding missions . I say that because, lot of people make prototypes with BGE then don’t have the time to add the content that makes the prototype a fully game. That’s why i’m so into making wikis and documentation

2 Likes

this looks nice !!!
Am interrested in this…

but seriously… except discord emptyness and a website grabbing some clicks…
i see nothing.
Is this some scam ( that has am sorry to say it, nothin to do here ) or is there someting that can be… used ? :slight_smile:

happy blending !

@Fred_K.S See if I didn’t post, then you wouldn’t have refered me here. you and Blueprint are awesome. I was getting discouraged because I thought “What? another language to learn? crap… Why can they just stick to one language… like Python. I like Python.”

lol again thank you.

1 Like

(It wouldn’t be wise to call this game a scam, why would i spend 2 years putting passion and energy and time on a scam to fool people out there, surely id be wasting my time if it were for that at all… This game is not a scam its actively being developed on an hourly basis daily/ weekly/ monthly until the next showcases !!!)

The Main Reason for this Game’s Existence: ( A TECHNICAL APPROACH / TBW - Technik)
TBW - An UPBGE Game is our response to how we make games in UPBGE , the Game was initially designed for a more “Technical Approach” to making games; that way we could vastly expand on in game systems and features that guarantee you a full & proper game-play Experience; that equivalent to AAA Titles & lastly to tackle the many challenges the Engine currently suffers from due to its limitations.
The Game’s ambition is to work with those weaknesses/ limitations and transform them in to strengths that will challenge the Imagination & Creativity, of whats POSSIBLE and what’s not!

Very soon , im working as hard and as fast as i can be , we already have a closed Alpha build thatts only restricted to Team members only and so far we’ve tested the game seems to be well currently , however my upcoming trailers are to showcase what will be featured in the Public Alpha build which will be released this year Definitely!

(Sorry if there was nothing this early but we’re getting closer and closer to our schedule of the Game’s testing phase!)
Also if u did like the screenshots well thats all captured in game engine so you wont be missing out even when the build gets released to the public!

The creation of the itch.io page was an act to prepare for the upcoming release of the Public Alpha build that players can get a hold of as soon as the early access is put up together!

Fred/K.S

2 Likes

ok so with regards to modding , well i have already integrated a Personal Tool in the game where the player can replace the mod blends in the mods folder in the game’s root directory this being players are able to add their own models, skins or even locations to the map and on the side of mission and content creation, yess i have already created a “story content team” on my discord server that’ll take off after launch of the 1st PUBLIC Alpha Demo, now this team is mainly revolved around creating short stories or missions that will be impact full to the Arcade Classes mode.

its not alot of work, players will communicate via discord and work on blender in collaboration with me directly and my current collab team… so yeah: This story Group team can recruit anyone that’s a gamer and who is passionate and is willing to give new ideas or even help work and contribute to the additional modes of the Arcade mode in the Alpha !!!

The team will create content that we will released on a monthly basis for each class starting from next year !!!
(These missions will be pushed on a Git that will be downloadable through TBW launcher as an Update to the Playable Public Alpha Build of the Game)

So u can expect every player that clicks update to their game will get the latest monthly content directly from our story group team !!!

Fred/K.S

1 Like

My bad then.
i owe you apologies :wink:
and i confess i can’t wait to see the game in itself.

Happy blending !

2 Likes

!!! WEEKEND UPDATE FROM ME GUYS !!! :grin:
Yippie so here’s some gameplay from during the course of the week and pls guys excuse my poor framerate my notebook is just week lol i don’t have good specs atm next weekend i should upload some proper gameplay and maybe even an NVIDIA 1080Ti Gameplay if im lucky to test on a Rig !!! (SO YEAH but this is how UPBGE - EEVEE plays Blender Games currently atm)

I’ll be dropping something again early this coming week for SR AWNW 2’s COMEBACK !!!
______________________________________________________________________-

Fred/K.S

1 Like

what target platforms does it support ?

1 Like

Windows (The Best way to experience the Game) ,“MAC” & LINUX !!!

Fred/K.S

Will it support mobile and web in the future ?

1 Like

Yes that’s highly possible as soon as extensions and ports get made i’ll be sure to bring it to mobile, that is infact going to be a HUGE release BTW especially once the online for the game is fully functional.
(Though it may seem like the Mobile version of the game may be an only online version of the game idk but im curious to create a cross platform version of the online, where mobile players can play with PC players)

Fred/K.S

the upbge doesnt support web or mobile, so dont get hopes up.

also, the limitations of these platforms doesnt lend its self to the vision of this projects scale.

if by some fraction of a chance it happens, the experience will be far from the same.

1 Like

More like a “Lite” Version could be possible!
(But it requires alot of work even to create extensions for the Android platform, and also to make the game compatible with for that particular platform)
However i see this being an attempted remake of the original using a different engine for android deployment… But somewhere somehow i’ll have to look in to making it cross platform somehow for the online.

but yr right buddy @Daedalus_MDW i agree with yr statement!

Fred/K.S

I think generally it’s a better idea to design with a specific platform as target from the get-go rather than going the porting route of butchering games down to Frankenstein level… remaking the original with limitations in mind seems like the better option to me. Just a thought.

2 Likes

i’ll consider your suggestion then, :thinking: seems more logical:sunglasses::+1:
though here’s an old post from haidme stating the facts!
just dont expect TBW Scope to run on android lmao, android would require a lite version of the original…

Fred/K.S

However it may seem as though that over the years a few individuals were able to use extensions such as blend4 web turning this in to a web based or onlie only experience.

idk i’ll find a way if we could have the game playable as an online only this will be highly possible then i’ll create the APK for it to be installed on to a device and then i create that emu for the pc port in order for players to have that seamless interaction without having to download a bucket load of apps incl a blender player, the Android emu could have a customly created extension that allows players to have access and pay directly the files from blend 4 web i’ll have to do a full research and see any ways around this but i only see the mobile version being an PC extension of TBW Online no offline mode! :thinking:

or i could just crowdfund and pay a developer to create an extension Add-On port for UPBGE if the demand is like super HIGH !!!

here are some old resources:
https://download.blender.org/demo/android/