TBW - An UpBGE Blender Game!

[ QUESTION ]

Is TBW GAMEPLAY going to be like (Battlefront 1-2) (?)
aka :point_down:

[1] Friendly & Enemy Army_Troops :vs:
[2] Battlefield Elements (Choose-able SPAWN locations) :bed:
[3] Arena Style Multiplayer :point_left: :smile:

1 Like

The Main Reason for this Game’s Existence: ( A TECHNICAL APPROACH / TBW - Technik)
TBW - An UPBGE Game is our response to how we make games in UPBGE , the Game was initially designed for a more “Technical Approach” to making games; that way we could vastly expand on in game systems and features that guarantee you a full & proper game-play Experience; that equivalent to AAA Titles & lastly to tackle the many challenges the Engine currently suffers from due to its limitations.
The Game’s ambition is to work with those weaknesses/ limitations and transform them in to strengths that will challenge the Imagination & Creativity, of whats POSSIBLE and what’s not!

OK so 1 thing i can share with you guys on the community is that initially when i started TBW, i was so heavily inspired by Battlefield 2 (2005) due to its awesome offline experience and focus on dynamic physics (The idea of being dropped in to an offline map with bots to practice as much as you want was so fun atleast for my experience as a classical gamer).

so i only envisioned my gameplay for TBW as another version of Battlefield 2 just rendered in a different Engine, now the only problem i found when i got in to BGE was that everything mechanics wise felt so much lighter, idk if its bullet physics or the Python api but its easy to achieve the dynamic and weight that BATTLEFIELD 2 presented but only at the cost of performance and intense proper coding of the mechanics and thks to @Daedalus_MDW he decided to join my little #collab_team that makes monthly contributions to TBW.
SO his greatest contribution was his Game 3 Core System which seems to be working well so far atm, its only now that im starting to tap & customize it according to the ambitions of TBW.

so TBW feels much lighter with its mechanics , easy to pick up and play and learn, no complex systems or HUD’s or ways of playing everything is straightforward and simplicity is our Greatest Complexity!

TBW - Simplicity is our Greatest Complexity !!!

Now with regards to yr questions abt TBW regarding missions…

• like ive stated above in my early posts each mission has objectives these objectives will be special modes that the player will play with his/ her squad of 4 Companion Troopers much like a team effort objective, whether its flying you’ll have yr squadron, whether its on foot you’ll have yr squad …
    (Players will be tasked to complete objectives in order to tackle the next objective)

• Mission styles: We’re not sticking to all out WAR Style all the time !!!
    Like battlefront 1 and 2 sure our objective modes will share a similar playstyle but TBW is more linear in its campaign, maybe Arcade Republic Vs Empire will feature Conquest maps at planetary MAP scale similar to the (canceled Battlefront 3 Game)
    But that’s only on SCOPE LEVEL !!!

• Multiplayer LAN: will have 16 v 16 mode with AI (so 16 players can join the lobby and play on either team with AI in total each team has 32 AI Bots in the multiplayer experience)

• Splitscreen makes an Entrance: 2-Player Splitscreen much like the Game (A WAY OUT) There will be linear missions for splitscreen and open world missions for the splitscreen this may be perhaps the only open world experience in the game , compared to the other modes including the singleplayer campaign.

There are exploration missions for 2- Player Splitscreen to find relics, unlockables and also to do some jobs in the exploration mode!

• LAN - PVP’s im not sure abt that yet though, i’ll be opening up a story group team that can come up with new stories and missions, characters, ships, weapons to add to the game’s Singleplayer Arcade mode and make monthly releases as push UPDATES via the Game’s Launcher !!! (So just click check for latest content and then boom 1 update pending if new content has been released !!! then click download , the files should download and install to yr game’s directory and hit launch the game and see yr new content in the game once launched)

IK its Ton of alot of work and the tasks seem impossible, but the only way forward is to work strategically and HARD and to make all this possible with time, the 1st priority is for me to release a Public Alpha Build that you guys can play while i make more content for the BETA !!! → and in the meanwhile as you guys will all play → i’ll release post Update Content “monthly” so that you don’t miss out on anything new in the game → on our Journey to the Official BETA version of TBW :+1:

Fred/K.S

1 Like

[ FEEDBACK ]
. . . . . . That’s alot of MULTIPLAYER. :grinning:

[ QUESTION ]
( Confusing question because it is :arrow_down: )
So SPLIT-SCREEN vs ONLINE vs BOTS. :thinking: :question: :neutral_face:

1 Like

2 player offline.Player 1 will use WASD keys and Player 2 will use arrow keys

1 Like

But controller will also be featured as well, if player 1 gets in a ship he can fly far the screen will divide in to 2, but there is a limit to the distance that player can fly unlike having both players flying the distances are unlocked !!!

Fred/K.S

So it will look like lego marvel superheroes?

1 Like

[ MY IMAGINATION WITH BEST CASE SCENARIO ]
SPLIT-SCREEN COOP vs ONLINE players with BOT subs.

Are you planning something like this (?) :grinning:

1 Like

Yes that’s highly possible to do remember TBW will launch with Online LAN infrastructure so we’ll have to use a server hosting service to host world wide server lobbies for example:

• North - American lobby (Available on launch)
  • Central - European lobby (Available on launch)
  • Eastern Asia - Lobby (only from BETA Demo)

I know that these Asians will even improve the net code and kick start better hosting servers for the Game!

Once Public Alpha Network multiplayer is super stable we’ll bump up player count to 64 v 64 battles humans only! (split screen online can be a possible mode again all this will be possible once our 1st Public Alpha launch is a success with multiplayer stability)

Fred/K.S

Screen will split like Lego Star Wars Games!!!

Fred/K.S

1 Like

Lol.
Not SA (?) :wink:

. . . I’m guessing you don’t know much about bandwidth & costs for ONLINE use. :grinning:

Current Update! (HEADS UP)

Remember:

The Main Reason for this Game’s Existence: ( A TECHNICAL APPROACH / TBW - Technik)
TBW - An UPBGE Game is our response to how we make games in UPBGE , the Game was initially designed for a more “Technical Approach” to making games; that way we could vastly expand on in game systems and features that guarantee you a full & proper game-play Experience; that equivalent to AAA Titles & lastly to tackle the many challenges the Engine currently suffers from due to its limitations.
The Game’s ambition is to work with those weaknesses/ limitations and transform them in to strengths that will challenge the Imagination & Creativity, of whats POSSIBLE and what’s not!

So here’s whats next for the current upcoming build of TBW Dev Alpha Build V2.0.0 debates around the next step to achieve in TBW for our capital city much like SC’s Arc Corp im hard at work on our downtown atm and playable Districts , Ship Freighters are delayed until further implementation…

PROJECTED:

• City’s Ambinate lights & Marketing Signs are up to be added ,
  • Sky traffic has already been added, will showcase in upcoming days! (Remind me guys!)
  • NPC’s not yet im still getting certain chars rigged and fully animated!

TBW - Versions (New) Announcement!

An Update to an old message i posted earlier: TBW - An UPBGE Blender Game! - #78 by Fred_K.S

The Lite Edition is simply not to deprive the player off of what makes TBW, the only big features that’ll be cut and replaced with loading screens will be GTS (Ground To Space) and Large Maps implementation to save and capitalize on performance.
Now offcourse its not to say that the game plays poorly atm, no don’t get me wrong it does fairly well but with the sheer amount of content and work yet still to be added may cause performance issues on most systems particularly 4GB RAM pc’s and low intel chips especially if u don’t have a GPU!

SO THESE ARE THE PROJECTED RECOMMENDATIONS - SO FAR !!!

Definitive Edition “Minimum” - Requirements:

• 8GB RAM
  • 2GB Dedicated GPU (AMD/ NVIDIA GTX Cards only)
  • CPU from i5 Core processors
  • I know nothing abt Linux OS builds thus far!

Standard Version Min - Requirements:
(Currently runs on Mid-range hardware at 30 to 45fps results will be shown in upcoming showcase videos)

• 4GB RAM
  • 2GB Dedicated Graphics or (Intel Intergrated Chips)
  • CPU Intel i3 to i5 or i7 (Depends)
  • So far So guud!

LITE Edition - Version: (Requirements)

• 2GB RAM (Lowest possibly)
  • 1GB Dedicated Intel no GPU Supported
  • CPU Celeron Processor and upwards

But to simply cater to the Low End Users!
Stay Tuned for next up content…

Fred/K.S

2 Likes

what is this video ? a cutscene of your game ? Omg what that strange thing is saying at 0:30
" A-U insta gat meee" ?

1 Like

So i forgot to mention that TBW is basically taking HUGE inspiration from Star Citizen, @blenderaptor Ohh its Just a Star Citizen Promo Video for their New ships Monthly Content, they’re marketing a whole bunch of stuff that doesn’t play much of a big role in the Game anyways.
The cut scenes should be on that level in TBW Definitive Edition BTW cuz i’ll be using EEVEE. (UPBGE normal cut scenes will look as cinematic as my Trailers)
This level to be Specific:

Why are the visuals like this well cuz of my lighting script ,and noise Post process and SSAO i havent made use of HBAO+ Yet and im curious to test it out sooner…
THAT’s AS CINEMATIC AS I CAN GO ON UPBGE 0.2.0 !!!

@blenderaptorits like mini teaser trailers to market the in game content or assets in this case it was for a New Spaceship that is now or will be available in the game, this is one of RSI’ money making schemes.
(if anything is from TBW it will be stamped TBW all over it !!!)

Fred/K.S

Remember i told you guys that the pinnacle of my Cinematics will be locked to the Version of UPBGE that i use/ my skills and the lighting it offers im not using EEVEE/ Cycles or 2.8 !!!
i use UPBGE Normal version 0.2.0 if u want it here it is:
!!! DOWNLOAD UPBGE 0.2.0 TODAY !!!

Fred, imagine people from whole Blender community working on your game cutscenes, assets, sounds and trailers … oh, oops, sorry, it’s not possible …

@blenderaptor

I would argue that’s untrue :-1:

Good-day.

1 Like

people on BGE are more interested in making unfinished shitty games all alone. It’s a fact.

1 Like

i wish BF worked on TBW Game that would’ve been the best Blender Game To ever exist its got the name blender in it anyways so why not they make a game before BGE got removed out of 2.8

But its too late now i claimed the title so i have to carry the burden …

Fred/K.S

1 Like

Well yeah its true, some purposely make shitty games to make the engine look like shit even though its weak !!! (But its how u use it thats what makes the difference)

lol the community is not fit for such a project , there’s no unity (people are too attached to their code and work) in Game Design, coders are greedy and they’ll be a BIG WAR/ feud/ Fighting over which code is better and the project wont advance.

YO FRANKIE WAS A Great Example of this and Ton talked abt this in the interview with Blender Guru!
Personally i don’t even give a crap if my code sucks, let alone @Daedalus_MDW Game 3 Contribution to TBW so yeah we don’t give a crap abt whats not perfect or who’s work is Better we give a damn abt making something that works and that people can have fun in !!!
(That’s the overarching goal of the Team and project)

Fred/K.S

1 Like

Hey there @justwannapost here’s a link to all the Builds of UPBGE Both Linux and MAC :sunglasses::+1:

Everything UPBGE:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8EITuogwZr6Mi1EQW5FbERqTHc?usp=sharing

• Look its not complete but it can make a fully featured and complete Game from the Ground UP , all old versions of UPBGE the Graphics/ Visuals are locked to your hardware’s specifications and also your abilities and skills as a Game Dev or hobbyist!

Porting to Web hmmm :thinking: its Highly possible however there is a Blend4Web addon that will allow you to do this but its no easy way.

initially all i can say to you buddy @justwannapost is that if u wanna make games:
BGE/ UPBGE = Hardcore way since you’ll have to build yr game from the ground up all D.I.Y unless you have a team. (Resources will help you big time as well and tutorials)

Unreal Engine 4/ GODOT/ Armory = The easy way out much has already been done for you but u wont have so much control like what UPBGE and BGE give you !!!
(Lol guys i know that GODOT also allows you to build from the ground up but yeah, for me workflow is just so much easier in Blender than in any other software atm)

so choose carefully and choose Wisely! :slightly_smiling_face::+1:
(I wish you all the best buddy)

Fred/K.S

1 Like