Texture Space properties on Bazier Curves don't do anything? Trying to UV map hair texture on curves

Good day, everyone. I’m trying to texture hair for a video game character. I’m using bazier curves and apparently Curves are now equipped (have been for a while) with automatically defined UVs. the problem is that these UVs are not correctly oriented (which I can fix by rotating my texture image) but also that I can’t make them only display a certain portion of the UV space.

There are a bunch of properties that seem like that’s exactly what they are designed for but they don’t seem to be doing anything. This is just a material with a base color texture and that’s in, Nothing else:

What am I missing? I know I can use the mapping node and texture coordinate nodes in the shader editor but remember that this is for a game engine so none of the shader solutions would work. I also need to preserve the bazier curves until the last minute. I’m at least hoping that I can keep the bazier curves. If there’s no solution, I’ll have to bake the curves to mesh and redo the UV mapping on the mesh, hence why I hope there is a way to UV map the curves instead.

From what it looks like Bazier curves do indeed have a way of displaying and adjusting UV texture coordinates. I’m probably missing something simple.

EDIT:
Just to clarify this isn’t something that the mapping node or any shader based solution would fix because this needs to be exported to a game engine. Any shader solutions would only work in blender.

Welcome.

See the documentation.

“Texture Space” affects the generated coordinates, not the UVs.

No. UVs on beveled curves are always (0,0) to (1,1) - there is no way to adjust this on the curves panel - you can only do it through Geometry Nodes or with a mapping node in the Shader Editor (or Python).

For personal projects you are expected to bake everything to export to a game engine. Consider something like Bake Wrangler with a Convert-To-Mesh Python script or with GN if you want to automate it.

Good luck.