Bake Wrangler is a nodes based extension and replacement for the inbuilt baking system. The aim is to provide a highly configurable but easy to use baking system with all the extra features you really wish you had.
- Easy to use node system
- Background batch baking
- Supports all the blender internal bake passes and multires
- Exposes separate Color, R/G/B and Value channels of a pass
- Allows assigning pass output to individual output channels (R/G/B/A)
- Masking feature allows layering of bakes and combining with external processes
- Objects are isolated within a pass preventing unwanted interference
- All standard image formats, color-spaces and bit depths are available
- Additional bake passes for better PBR and external engine support:
Release 1.0 changes:
- Improved script-ability (bake_pass operator can now be called without setting any context, simply passing the “tree” and “node” values).
- Temporary .blend files are now deleted after bake completes (unless Debug is enbaled in prefs).
- Batch Bake nodes can accept a user defined custom property, which will be incremented by 1 each time an input is processed (use for updating drivers, etc during a bake).