The 2008 Blender Conference Suzanne awards, and Animation Festival.

Omigosh! I just tried rendering a simple test with everything in the scenes, and I’m looking at a whopping 5 min at least for each FRAME! (P.S. Is anybody gonna suggest disable AAO? NOT AO)

I vote higher deadline!!! :frowning: When we “Send” the videos how do I send? In the form it says “Link to video”. Does that mean I should use something like Vimeo? Or Google Video? (Google video looses quality!)

My e-mail client would be the server thats about five yards from me then? My e-mail is myname <at> mywebsite <dot> com. (okay, not really “myname”, but it is my name, and the website is the website I help to maintain and create Blender anims for…) Is that right?

He said Vimeo is a good choice because their is a setting where he can download the file, which he’ll need, and I also vote for a later deadline cause I’ve got to still learn how to edit it. I just finished rendering and I need to still add audio and what not.
/Becs

Finsihed rendering? One frame for me is taking 15+ min! :frowning:

Mine is simple, but efficient. Each frame took about three seconds and I rendered each of the sixteen parts separately, then put them together in the sequence editor and rendered them all together which took about an hour and a half. Audio will probably take all day tomorrow to get recorded and I’ll edit and put it together over the weekend. Then upload it and submit Monday or Tuesday. I planned it all out about two weeks ago. Seriously, in the blend file, I had a schedule in the text editor to go by.

Well good luck to all of u. I have at least 1-3 min of animating, over probably 24+ h of rendering, which grandly totals at least 10 days after deadline! :frowning: PPLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZ EXTEND!

P.S. R we alowwed to have “Vote For Me!” threads in both News and Discussion and Off-Topic chat? :smiley:

Thanks for hijacking the thread, blenderman345.

freen, no worries, I should have replied earlier I think, but somehow the new posts didn’t make the thread show “bold” in my browser.

In reply to your earlier post:

1. Yes avi may be an option when using ffmpeg, but ffmpeg invariably gives me problems when editing video, so I request you do not use it. If you do use ffmpeg to render your video, I can not guarantee the final quality of the work, or even whether I’m able to edit it at all, so there’s a chance I may request a different version. I’m sure there’s other ways.

2. Whether a work is assumed to be submitted for the awards… it is clearly explained in the text on the submission page (reading stuff helps).

Use the form below to to submit movies for the blender3d.org gallery. If you want to allow us to use the movie elsewhere (for example, when creating a showreel for a conference), please check the ‘Use movie elsewhere’ box. Also, by allowing wider use, you automaticly submit it for eventual inclusion at the annual Blender Conference Festival, and Suzanne Awards. If the movie is showed/nominated there you will be informed beforehand. Movies will always be presented with your name and email/web address.

blenderman345 & RedJay: No one is saying that you “have to” render at the resolution that I suggest. That is simply the resolution the final animation festival “reel” will be at. If you submit something smaller, then it will simply be resized to fit our resolution. As long as your frame rate matches it should come out nice.

About extending the deadline: There will be no extension! I need time to get the submissions to the committee, and then they need time to vote, then after they get me their votes I need time to make a nice compilation of the nominated works… If you are late, we can consider showing it at the conference, but I can not guarantee we can take it on board for the awards.

Ahem
Indeed. :o

…however, I do think an automated “Thanks for your submission” email would put people like me at ease (and stop us contacting blender.org with annoying “did you get it?” emails)

Thanks for your hard work, Macouno!

Ok, mines rendered at half the resolution. I am working!

Ok. :eek: That’s not cool but…Slow renders at 800*600! :frowning: I’ll try in ubuntu!

Hey, I re-read the announcement, so I have one question, Monday or the 1st? The first is Wednesday. Typo?

Yeah, I noticed that too! I was going to mention that! :eek: I was freaked out that by tommorow evening i need 2 min of animation, sound, and uploaded to vimeo or somethng, send url to blender.org and WHOA, takes the breath out of ya!

Wednesday… it should say wednesday

hello macouno,
my good quality video is in mp4 format. I hope this won’t be much of a problem.
http://www.savefile.com/projects/808694247

email: [email protected]

Thank you for clearing that up, Macouno!

Is it okay to use the link that vimeo gives to download? Cause the name of the file when you download it from vimeo is a bunch a numbers. Unfortunately, I can’t find anywhere else to upload it.

;););):ba::spin::spin::spin:
:spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin:
:spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin:
:spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::evilgrin::spin:
:spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin:

ropsta, I know… the deadline is tomorrow, but don’t worry… we’re not “that strict”.

BTW, I’ve had a few e-mails/messages from people who were worried that their submissions haven’t been received… No worries, I just haven’t gotten round to downloading yet. Have to make a living as well you know :wink:

I’ll start downloading tonight/tomorrow.