The BEST atioglxx.dll file. Ever.

7.8 , and 7.9 didn’t change nothing to my problem.
Blender is still slow.
I fill the “Feedback form” on their website to ask a better support for Blender. Proposing them the link to download and a scene to check slowness.

follow me in this action, if we are more than me alone, they could consider fix some problems :
http://support.ati.com/ics/survey/survey.asp?deptID=894&surveyID=486&type=web

I also filled it, im using Vista and none of the “methods” worked for me.
When the mesh is bigger than 20k faces everything is slow, selecting an object will take up to 2 minutes. This only appear in Vista.
Im using Catalyst 7.9 with ATI X1650 and Vista Home Edition

Hey SURFING, your description of the problem is right.
Exactly this ; all mesh with a lot of poly take time to select with right click… Look like we didn’t have any 3D Gpu accelleration for blender and OpenGl. Cause normally you should have better result running with a X1650, but I’m sure you get the same performance than with my X1200 IGP.

Please ! Can somebody help us ?

I agree, blender probably loses a number newbies to this ATI flaw. I almost quit way back when. i think its time we got this looked at:ba:

i think im going to 8600/8800 NVIDIA soon, due this problem…

Thanks Chuzzy06 !

SURFING > Yes, I thought the same, Ubuntu resolve a part of my problem, but I can’t get the workflow Blender+Photoshop I love. And my photoshop is too expensive in my heart ( and was expensive on my bank account too ) to let it use like this.
And noway to reboot each 30 min to change OS.
But…
If the problem of “slow selecting object” belong to Vista, and not only Ati ?

Anyway, Chuzzy is right, since I have this problem I do less and less 3D, I’m just annoying to have sold my old computer, where I even could try Gsls shaders without problem… ( Nvidia 5200Fx. )

It’s 4 years I doing Blender, I even teach it and make myself a little movie, and I was never earing this ATI incompatibility.

Other Blenderheads must know this :

NEVER CHANGE YOUR NVIDIA FOR AN ATI

lol
( I hope they will see it )

I wholly agree.

Hi,

i have the same problem.
I can select things in the outliner without delays. But when i try to select something in the 3d view there is a delay.
In my current scene (31149 vertices, 56824 faces) it takes 10 seconds to select an object in the 3d view.
:frowning:

Selecting faces, vertices, edges, sculpting, etc. works without delays.

MfG
sk2k

Vista 32bit Home Premium
ATI x1650 Pro 256 MB (latest drivers)
AMD 64 X2 5100+
2GB RAM

Ok Sk2k,
I think we must open another thread, cause this one title is “the best atioglxx.dll” and it will be hard to be ear from here.
I have the same problem, and I have a sad news : look to be the same thing with Nvidia card and Vista.
So , if we open a new thread what do you think of this title :
“Vista and slow 3D viewport” ?

Hi,

the 3d view is not really slow it’s just the delay when selecting things (lamps, objects, etc.) I think we should stop talking about it in this thread.

If you open a new thread i will post my stuff there again.

MfG
sk2k

I just tried all that voodoo stuff with my Radeon 9600 and it turned out that I get best results by using Catalyst 7.9 drivers. That’s all. no additional .dll files are needed.
Everything is fast except Sculpt tool on Multires Level 7 (about 300,000+ - polygons).

It’s kinda stupid that you can’t use blender well with ATI/AMD cards. Very bad for the business :Y
I mean, many people use Ati cards. And might very probably drop Blender because of this. I cannot go on like this. It’s not like Nvidia is sponsoring Blender, even though they ripped off Eyecandy’s / @ndy’s picture … Well that was actually “Point of View” brand card distributor… but still. I’ve seen it other places too. I hope ATI opening the drivers for linux helps some!

First, that has nothing to do with NVIDIA, second, even POV probably has nothing to do with it when they let someone else (freelancer, whatever) do the job.

I agree wholeheartedly. There is a legend in the Blender community that ATI card are bad, that its treatment of OpenGL is flawed. Then one must explain that ATIs are used with Maya, Max, XSI, C4D, games and what not without a trace of a problem here.

Jean

As lightwave has GLSL Interactive Rendering I heard, that there are also problems with ATI, but I have no proove. If the other major programms also envolve into this direction, this might have an influence on ATI…

Another legend: Wasn’t it a special OpenGL1.0 mode that is used by Blender which makes problems but is quite rarely used by other apps (for good reasons); and it is buried deep into Blender so it can’t be asily changed? Retained mode, immediate mode, whatever, I am not good at OpenGL.

There are a bunch of windows saying BLA BLA BLA.dll isnt a valid windows image when i starts up, but its WAY better than This, http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?p=951571&posted=1#post951571

Retained mode is/was a DirectX thing.

OpenGL has an immediate mode, which is indeed mis-used by Blender (aside from not sorting states and all the other yadda that can make an OpenGL program much faster).

Well, It’s a bit embarresing for Point of View brand anyway. Kinda unclassy.