The big favorite Blender add-ons thread

List is not that active as it was, but website is.
btw my favourite addons are addons that a) add functionality that blender doesn’t offer, and/or b) addons I really frequently use.

(Mind, I experiment also with organic modeling).

@Psaebrail Hops and Fluent work together mainly, but there might be a few functions overlapping/reduntant or clinching a bit. But Never got really a problem with it, works fine to me.

6 Likes

The ones I use the most- focused on an NPR animation workflow:
AnimationExtras - adds a really nice onion skinner and it’s only a dollar
Outline Helper- adds an inverted hull outline to an object with one click. Those saved clicks really add up over time.
F2 and LoopTools - no explanation necessary
Simple Tabs- makes the N panel less of a mess
PowerSave - incredible versioning functionality for Blender
RBF drivers- makes corrective shape keys SO much easier
MultiKey (made by me)- makes working with shape keys across objects much easier

5 Likes

My favorite add on and the one I use the most is Photographer. It is just a game changer for setting up lighting, cameras, render settings, hdris. I really recommend it!

I also love UV Pack Master for packing UVs effectively. Together with Textools, it completes the otherwise lacking blender UV toolset.

I also like a lot Auto Reload. It reloads textures as they change. If you use an external texturing tool like Designer or Painter, it’s extremely useful.

I use many more addons, but these ones are the ones I really like.

5 Likes

F2
CATS, but only stop pose mod option
I mean, I use 15+ addons, but these are essential

1 Like

well here is some i use besides of most of addons already mentioned that i also use:

meshmachine: for undoing bevels/chamfers, cleanup booleans, offset loops and unf*cking loops, transferring normals and more…

boxcutter/hardops: for easier and faster management of modifiers and with some extra mesh/object mode tools such as edit multi tool and more, and booleans created in the fly with no fuss usually in a intuitive way to make cutters and more features…

machinetools deus ex: an special paid version of machine tools (free) with two extra tools one called punch it (a manifold extruder that works) and edge constrained tranform (basically a combination of rotation and edge slide at the same time)

this new addon for faster vertex path connect https://bookyakuno.gumroad.com/l/mesh-thikuthiku

blackmesh: Black Mesh - Procedural Modeling Tool for concept and planning blockout and highpoly modelling with voxels with faster booleans (yeah way more faster and no fuss than using the modifiers such as remesh and booleans modifier that could but not really replace this addon) of an complex 3d design before retopology or anything else…

zaloopok https://github.com/TitusLVR/zaloopok some extra features for edge loop/ring selection and better loops straightening than looptools…

and many more xd

2 Likes

Alongside HardOps/BC/MeshMachine/KitOps I really like snap! for building kitbash sets,
snap! is a real timesaver for sure, especially after the April22 update.

CleanPanels for organizing the N Panel, and PowerSave to keep my files backed up.

2 Likes

Well, there are some spectacular addons out there that are extremely cool like SSGI but others are a blessing to my workflow.

Modifier list panel, CAD Transform, TinyCAD and mira tools are very important and I just model “simple stuff” that doesn’t require milimetric precission.

Copy attibutes, vertex tools, and some small utilities like autosmooth, set viewport color are very nice and they’re on my list of addons I have noted to anyone that says they wanna use blender and I want to have their instalation being a bit more familiar and easier for me.

Other of my favorite addons are my own ones, shameless self promotion I guess (they’re free tho…) I have like 3, I made this one which I don’t use but I recommend it to newcomers or Max nostalgics https://github.com/xdanielc/select_panel

I also made a small little utilities that I use a lot (last file) https://github.com/xdanielc/blender-tools It includes a quick creases command on the edge menu that adds creases on every sharp shaded edge, no hustle like one of those gigantic hard surface addons, just what you see. It also adds a few hard-coded shorcuts like changing the origin of the mesh on the key next to the 1 on the numeric row and some pie menu from Heavy Poly that I got tired of copying everytime I installed a new blender bc his scripts aren’t an addon and his blender is too customized to use everything he has and installing an addon is much easier.

1 Like

PolyQuilt, Slide Edge (the paid add-on, not the built in Edge Slide), True-VFX, RandomFlow. I’ve purchased others but not had enough time using them to assess.

I’m still kinda new coming over from c4d, but those are my favs so far.

Ah yeah, I love Kushiros little helpers too, I forgot to mention these (Bend Face, Slide Edge and Facecutter).

Oh and another one I would not like to miss is Three Point Align by Nick Barre (https://www.artstation.com/marketplace/p/wwvRz/3-points-align-blender-addon)

We use lots of addons developed by ourselves during different functionality research, like F2, 1D_Scripts and other toolsets (mostly designed to solve CAD/precise modeling and datahandling issues).

I like Collection Manager, Offset edges, Edge flow, different UV addons like Smart UV, Sure UV (a life saver for archviz), Textools, texel density checker, Shotpacker/Packmaster and so one.

1 Like

Probably already ,mentioned

but my favorites for modeling

HOPSCUTTER (of course)

and Decal Machine

for VFX, Flip Fluids

and the free Houdini apprentice(for smoke& pyro VDB import)

And for Character work

Auto rig pro.

The animation layers addon( critical!!)

and the free Blender pipeline tool

for import of iclone Characters and motion data to them after converting rigify

As well as the DiffeomorphicDaz Genesis character importer along with the free Expy Kit retargeter to retarget Mixamo to rigified Daz characters.

For environments.
the Physical Starlight and atmosphere and SSGI for rendering with EEVEE

edited to add:the free Machine tools for interface customization

2 Likes

I cannot exist without these:

BoxCutter
Hard Ops
RetopoFlow
SpeedSculpt
Save Selected
Photographer
Bezier Mesh Shaper
Conform Object
Machin3tools
MeshMachine
Meshlint
PolyQuilt
Volume Preserving Smoothing
Object Intersection
Pie Menu Editor

4 Likes

The addons I use for any project I currently work on:

And then just the bundled Blender add-ons:

• Node Wrangler
  • F2
  • Modifier Tools
  • Copy Attributes Menu

Nothing too crazy, but it gets the job done.

3 Likes
  1. Node Wrangler
  2. Serpens
  3. Loop Tools
  4. Cell Fracture
  5. Shade Auto-Smooth
1 Like

In no particular order, listing only ones that don’t come bundled with Blender:

UV Packmaster
Mesh Machine
Decal Machine
Quad Remesher
Bake Wrangler
Hard Ops
Boxcutter
Group Pro
Zen UV

1 Like

BlenderKit, Botaniq, GrassWald and Human Generator!

1 Like

I suppose it depends on what you use Blender for :slight_smile: generally, though, PowerSave and SimpleTabs are both indispensable for me personally. I also find the HDRI Sun Aligner super useful, as well as Batch Renamer. For animation and rigging, RBF Nodes is life changing, and there’s a onion-skinning add-on called Animation Extras, I think? Lastly, still for animation, the Dynamic Child Of Constraint is very useful

Thought of more :slight_smile: for shader editor- Node Minimap and Node Tabber. For texture painting- Brush Toggle Add/Subtract

4 Likes

Powersave, MiraTools, Bagapie, Geocables amongst so many others.

1 Like

Kekit, Jmesh, MiraTools and Forgotten Tools make modelling a lot easier and more pleasant, and make sure Loop Tools is activated.

2 Likes

Hi, my opinion - the current blender, is not a blender without these add-ons:
MACHIN3Tools - Super organized native blender operators
DecalMACHINE - Must have for gamedev artist
MeshMACHINE - Same as DM
PunchIT - Intrude
TexTools - Additional UV functions
iOPS - My addon for daily usage with a bunch of operators
BoxCutter - Booleans
HardOPS - Extra Tools and Automation
ForgottenTools - Extra tools
Mifth/MiraTools - Additional functions