The Dynamic Topology Branch is here! Now in Trunk!

I saw most of your work. I just don’t understand what do you need, besides high quality displacement maps, which incidentally has nothing to do with Shrinkwrap.

incidentally, lol, it produces better and crisper displacement maps. I can prove it.
incidentally, it provides me with a multi subdivided mesh, ideal for more sculpting.
incidentally, my turn now, why to use displacement maps in blender when having a nice multi subd mesh with nice topology for rigging etc? 1 subd for preview, full subd for cycles.

this is my 2,222 post LOL
An idea.
Why don’t we start a thread, let’s say in blender tests topic, collecting all our dynatopo artwork there? Anyone can start it and I’ll follow. Not much talking, just artwork. It might surprises you that the majority of blender users haven’t realize what dynamic topology is about.

@Inspir3dArt
We don’t have much more to test.
Waiting for a new build, the lagging that starts after some polygons count is the major problem IMO. For the moment. A second issue is the dirt that “collapse short faces” leaves behind. A workaround is already posted but I expect a more appropriate solution from Nicholas. A third issue is the re-symmetry tool. It creates some dirt that it’s a bit more difficult to clean up. But it is an optional tool.
This beautiful tool runs already and can go into trunk builds. IMO.