The eggs

The paper bump map is scaled up of what it should be. It looks like stone now.

holy cow - or chicken, that is awesome. being close up like that often highlights deficiencies, but with this it makes it seem more real.

Nice piece of work!! And you could have added a beak of a young chick coming out in one of those eggs…

First of all, your piece blows my mind. As a noob I’m still stumbling around trying to figure out how to make objects that suggest even a hint of similarity to their real-world counterparts and you’re making a near mirror image of reality. (Not that it’s always about photorealism) And this goes for all of you pros posting in this forum, so hats off. With that said I believe I can still contribute some constructive critique: The cracks in your egg shell are much finer than in a real egg. Try cracking open an egg and study it. Photograph it if it helps. The cracks are not so fine. Your cracks almost look like ripped paper in some parts. Perhaps if one were to saw an egg in half such effects could be achieved, but not by hand. Also, your yolk might be a bit large. But better to investigate for yourself than to go by my description alone.
Cheers,
-QA

P.S. Reading the rest of the posts I just noticed others wrote similar replies, but I’ll leave this up in case it helps.
Also, I’d like to hear more about how you went about making the cardboard.

Nerley perfect image wish I could do this!:slight_smile:

The sticky up bit of the egg carton in the foreground gives it away that it is a pace of cg art.

It’s ok… Nah, just kidding of course… :smiley: :smiley: too realistic actually :smiley:

Actually the white would be more transparent, but more membrane-like and less glass-like. Changing the amount ray transparency refraction would do it.

I don’t like that shell piece near egg yellow, it looks like floating…

Great work, great work. The only thing that bugs me is the little bits of broken eggshell. They just don’t look quite right. They look more like they were added as an afterthought imo. Great work, and keep blending.

It looks like a real,but i don’ t like eggs even i don’t like to smell it

The skin of the broken egg seems to be paper but the textures are cool, really nice scene.

1337^2.45 :)!
have you herd of Inidgo renderer, it is very realistic but VERY SLOW (your image would take DAYS!)

It is a fascinating image.

I realise it is a photograph!! Awesome work!!

I want to cook dem :]

very real looking. I like the open egg.

wow, they look so realistic! Great job.

Looks great, but the egg yolk looks a little weird. I think it needs to be more yellow/orange.