The flat earth society. Yes really.

The whole god created the earth humans and cosmos in seven days is another thing still taken literally by some people, thats definitely in the bible and has definitely been proved wrong by a little thing called evolution.

sigh

I would also like to point out their is almost no evidence for evolution. And I say almost because I doubt there is nothing but I can’t think of anything at the moment. All cross species fossils we have found have turned out to be fake. No mutation we have ever observed has been beneficial. And things having a similar design is just as much evidence for creation as evolution. For example, if you were designing a robot to fly wouldn’t you find the most efficient way to work and keep with it?

For one thing, all DNA mutations are random. It just so happens that most of them hurt the animal’s ability to survive. It’s natural selection that weeds out the bad mutations. I find that it’s a common belief that evolution is some sort of force that makes species “get better”. This is not entirely correct. It’s more akin to something like the water cycle. A logical system which happens to end up improving a species ability to survive.

Just read the notice at the bottom:

The Flat Earth Society is not in any way responsible for the failure of the French to repel the Germans at the Maginot Line during WWII. Nor is the Flat Earth Society responsible for the recent yeti sightings outside the Vatican, or for the unfortunate enslavement of the Nabisco Inc. factory employees by a rogue hamster insurrectionist group. Furthermore, we are not responsible for the loss of one or more of the following, which may possibly occur as the result of exposing one’s self to the dogmatic and dangerously subversive statements made within: life, limb, vision, Francois Mitterand, hearing, taste, smell, touch, thumb, Aunt Mildred, citizenship, spleen, bedrock, cloves, I Love Lucy reruns, toaster, pine derby racer, toy duck, antelope, horseradish, prosthetic ankle, double-cheeseburger, tin foil, limestone, watermelon-scented air freshner, sanity, paprika, German to Pig Latin dictionary, dish towel, pet Chihuahua, pogo stick, Golf Digest subscription, floor tile, upper torso or halibut.

A very entertainig fake, nevertheless.

Padfoot: Correct. However, we must assume that every once in a while their are mutations that benefit the creature for the creature to change. Even mutations of insects in response to insecticide are not beneficial. It makes them immune to insecticide but susceptible to other diseases. It would be just like a human becoming invincible to anthrax but so susceptible to the common cold it’s deadly.

Attmitedly it is possible that we have not given enough time to find a benificail mutation but we have been activly trying for the past 100 years. You would think we would find somthing benificail. No matter how small.

it’s a sliding scale.

I think I’m mutating into a off topic forum lurker. But the mutation should prove to be beneficial to the human race as well,

There is nothing in the Bible that is proven wrong.
LEV:11-6
And the hare, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.
http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/donald_morgan/flaws.html

Quoted for a good laugh.

I for one, don’t believe in the bible, my parent believe in god, but not in the bible, I think and they think it’s pretty stupid… That’s MY opinion! I could care less if any of you believe in the bible, if you do, you should care if I don’t, not everybody in the world needs to believe in one superior god…

What my parents say god is, is that it’s what makes you have emotions, you know sad, happy and angry… Why do we cry when your dog dies? Why do we laugh when we watch something funny, all these emotions are weird and we don’t know what they are yet…

Me, I just think there’s an answer to everything… I don’t know, what I believe in, but I like science… If we go back way in time, there was Big Bang, which is how our universe was created… We actually have ideas of how it happened, but we basicly have no idea… :o, but the bible has no idea ethier… They haven’t ever proved that god exists, or that Adam and Eve were the first humans, or that Jesus got resurrected or anything like that.

The Earth is not 4000-6000 years old we have evidence of objects from BEFORE the dinosaurs, how long is that? Dinosaurs lived a bit over 250 million years! And the bible says 4000-6000? Weird right?

What about evolution? I don’t know too much about that :o :stuck_out_tongue:

Bible believers, I don’t care if you believe in bible, I don’t think it’s stupid since a bunch of things in the bible haven’t been proven wrong… Or right… I just don’t they are true, because they are so far out, to me it feels like they are guessing… I’m sorry if I offended any of you, and I’m not saying your stupid for believing in the bible, it’s that I don’t believe in it…

Linkxgl

It seems to me that this almighty powerful God couldnt see that Seas and Earth were good from the beginning of creation.:eek:

Open the first page of your bible.

“In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.”

I wonder what that is implying.:eek:

What have I gotten myself into!!?? If I back out it will look like I am avoiding argument if I don’t all my time is consumed!

Sago: the rabbit does chew its “cud” although its cud is dung.
Also, I used a bit too much hyperbole in my original post. sorry. I won’t take the time to provide evidence and sources for what I am saying but they are fairly easily findable and if you really are interested you will find them. I know that sounds like I’m running but I just don’t have time.

Linkxgl: Dinosaurs also existed before humans right? We have dinousaur tracks with human feet in them. fossilized.

http://proch.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/science_vs_creationism.png?w=450&h=333

Linkxgl: Dinosaurs also existed before humans right? We have dinousaur tracks with human feet in them. fossilized.
Interesting. When there’s ‘proof’ that supports your believes, you’ll never question the scientific method, evidence or sources.

However, when the scientific method contradicts your believes (which it almost always does), you’ll claim it’s highly inaccurate and cannot be trusted.

Regardless of how ridiculous I think the flat earth concept may be, and how against-the-rules this thread has become…
philosophically speaking, there is pretty much no way for you to readily prove or disprove what they are saying without relying on the word of someone else who could just as easily be telling you a lie. :eyebrowlift2:

Quoted for another good laugh. Little or no evidence of evolution? And you believe a magic bearded man in he sky said “let there be light” and made the whole thing in six days, and your only “evidence” is an old book written thousands of years ago… if someone had written a book that long ago stating that we are being watched over by a giant pink goat and that rain is its piss, how is there any less evidence that it’s true than what’s in the bible?

There is plenty of evidence of evolution. It even happens in very rapid life cycles such as flies. In a controlled environment, after enough mutations, the ones that survive are the ones whose mutated genes best adapt to changes or help them be more efficient than the others.

I’ve decided the earth is not flat, or round… but square. Who wants to join my society?

Here’s the proof why the earth is flat . . . cause jumbo sat on the round earth and … well flatted it.

Lets see someone disprove my proof …

Attachments

My favorite flat earth:

That’s actually a pretty cool picture. I’d kinda like to live in that world.

I thought the Earth was shaped like a banana. Since when did we start saying it was round?

The banana theory makes sense to me:
-Monkeys love both the Earth and bananas.
-Parts of the earth’s surface are slippery, just like a banana peel.

The earth is fairly young. Currently it is green, so it is very ripe. After the Earth turns yellow we will be at the height of civilization. Once it turns brown, we are screwed. There will be the banana creme pie apocalypse and everybody will die. Those chosen worthy (by the flying monkeys) will go to the big banana split it the sky. Those with peanut allergies need not worry. There is a separate banana split without nuts.

Yournamehere: The picture is from the diskworld series of books