The Great Couple

verry impressive sculpting and materials, can you tel what pc specs that you can sculpt with blender, arn how you made bronze material

Paolo, I live about 4 miles from the Laurel and Hardy Museum, one of them was born here. Your sculpture has inspired me to finally go and check it out.

STart, thank you!

About the pc spec, I have a Mac quad i7 with 16 GB of RAM, and it works well, sometimes it freezes for a moment between brush strokes but it depends on the sculpture.
I’m not an expert though, maybe someone more expert can give you more info about the minimum specs requested.
Otherwise you can try and pose this question to this thread:Dyntopo tests

As for the bronze material I posted a screenshot of the nodes some posts above:#39
Feel free to ask if you have doubts about it.

paolo

harleynut97,
I would love to come with you!
Just searching for reference images these days I had a lot of laughing.

Thank you,
paolo

This is awesome!!! It has a very nice feel to it. Well Done! You should be proud of the top row!!!

Quite proud actually, and surprised too, but “one swallow does not make a summer”…

Tank you very much!

paolo

Just Awesome!!! keep looking for your new works!

Thank you cijomon, my friend!

do not hold your breath though …

paolo

I couldn’t believe I was seeing the legendary Laurel and Hardy on Blender Artists, but as has been said so many times the likeness is excellent so I had no choice! The execution of the sculpture material and presentation are also top notch. No surprise it made it to the top of the page. Great job and classic comedy FTW!

Legendary is the word!

Thank you very much Inverse Telecine!

paolo

You ought to do the 3 stooges Paolo :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I’m very disappointed harley, because I didn’t even know the three Stooges before your post.
They must have been so much fun!

I would like to do also the Marx bros!
EDIT: and Bob Hope too!

paolo

As kids we loved the 3 stooges…but many mom’s didn’t like them (like mine) because they got a little violent… whacking each other with stuff… but as kids, that’s what we loved about them so much. I’m sure they are probably all over youtube in some fashion. I never saw much of the Marx brothers, they were a bit before my time. Bob Hope of course has some unmistakeable features.

Harley, I’ve got some links during my google search for Stooges, I want to see them.
Bob Hope I would like to do just for his features.
I remember I have seen a photo of a car that in the 70s was customized to resemble him, it was so funny!

paolo

Let me say first how great I think this is. You have done a great job but I have to say the materials look more like green glazed ceramic rather than bronze. It’s just a sense I get from the piece. I don’t mean to be mean though and it is a really good piece apart from that. :smiley:

nice work man…:yes:

Cybernetichero,
thank you for compliments.
About the material I was the first to be critic on my former replies, it’s true that it lacks metallicity, I can’t even say it looks like ceramic to me.
My intent was that it looked aged, with a sort of patina.

paolo

Mojza,
thank you man!

paolo

wow brilliant sculpting…

Thank you thehui87, much appreciated!

paolo