The latest in Eevee/Grease Pencil demos and animations

Playing about with animation which is pretty unstable right now but still fun.

4 Likes

I did this one last month when the workflow required more workarounds than it does now, but I still like it.

11 Likes

Nice thread, which make me wonder if there are some slightly more stable versions of Blender 2.8 ?
I know its all beta, i usually can click a few things and it goes poof.
I regularly download it, but iā€™ve so far not been able to create something complex, sculpt, shader it, animate it and render it. As for today as soon as i hit materials icon tab it exits, which made it impossible to create eevee glass, in the viewport.

Same here with at least the most recent 64 bit PC version, which is annoying. With stuff Iā€™ve done already I tended to model and set-up basic materials in 2.79, then tweak and render animation in 2.8.

Hopefully the materials tab crash thing will vanish shortly.

8 Likes

Itā€™s a great video, but whatā€™s going on with the flickering lights?

My guess is low fps for volume scattering.

He is using live Walk Navigation in viewport, lights and volumes are updated in each frame until it reaches the configured sample rate, in this case Volume samples, but the same would happen for other non volumetrics things in viewport with global Sampling. Perhaps you would also need a more optimal configuration in Volumetric options, such as using a suitable value for Light Clamping.
Anyway, Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s possible to completely avoid some flickers in final render for now.

2 Likes

Some average animation of my little guy so far. Just a few hours of play here. Iā€™m not really able to polish it as 2.8 is super unstable, even dragging key around the dope sheet crashes it making anim very slow. Still, itā€™s HUGELY encouraging and a lot of fun!

Iā€™m so amazed by where this is all headed.
Fantastic work guys!

7 Likes

There has been some deeper changes in 2.8 as of late (From Ray Molenkamp, possibly to allow for OpenGL to be replaced with Vulkan in the future). Meanwhile, F12 rendering is functional again.

1 Like

Thatā€™s all good news! Thanks Ace.

they will remplace openGL with vulkan in the 3.0 i guess ?

1 Like

Found this on youtube:

5 Likes

melvi, DANG! :open_mouth:

This looks good. Machine specs?

That ranks right up there with the Tree Creature, itā€™s very nice to see the quality of Eevee animation in general go up as 2.8 becomes more and more usable.

I hope to see work of even greater quality after Clement gets done with the Lightcache feature (which is slated to be committed to 2.8 this week).

@anon54214979 @ThinkingPolygons Thatā€™s not my work lol. This was done by an animator on youtube using eevee. Just wanted to share his work here. Hoping he gets some exposure for his work.

@Ace_Dragon I agree. I have been wondering why this animation didnā€™t blow up like the tree creature. Lightcache feature? Thatā€™s cool. I have been playing with eevee but had to suspend using it due to crashes. Currently using ue4 :- )

@melvi, I figured that much, but still, DANG! :slight_smile:

More Arch Vis being posted to YouTube.

By now, it seems one of the few things standing between Eevee and serious productivity is the temporal instability. Hopefully, Clement can get to work on that once the Light Cache is finished.

1 Like

thats amazing I would love to see it with colors