The legend of the ice stone - first game in development on SABGE

It’s finally time to actually test my own game engine, SABGE, by building a real game.
This first game will be a 3D adventure / platformer, in which we will play the role of Eagor forced to make a journey left and right to the island he lives on in order to defeat a looming threat.
I don’t want to reveal much about the story at the moment, this post will be rather focused on technicalities and graphic arts in the process of being implemented.
For the creation of the textures, the modeling of the game levels and the assets, as well as the positioning of the latter within the scenarios and small tests in realtime I am using blender 2.79 / upbge 2.3.
Everything is then gradually exported to sabge for actual testing and building the actual game.
Waiting for new progress, I re-post some videos regarding the development of this game, appreciating criticism or advice on various aspects in this regard.

weather transitions using the world parameters in sabge:

start of work on the world map and some updates on the movements of the playable character:

A test walk in the world of TLOTIS using upbge 2.3 (not definitive and no assets placed):

4 Likes

Terrain textures LOD system

1 Like

OOF, those sparkles when picking up coins look so darn satisfying.
Great work.

1 Like

Nice particle effect.

completed and optimized the snow weather effect, super fast and independent of the camera distance.
Added support for blob_shadow to ge, which I applied to the main character.
Finally I implemented the physics engine for the waterVolumes and finally the surfaces of the water volumes are reactive to the player and possibly to other objects

4 Likes

You really did a very nice work!

I love the concept that you make your game engine, then develop game to practically show its potential.

Keep the good job.

1 Like

And, of course, your engine shows enough promise - similar to that of UE or the like, especially the water simulation. That’s very cool.

particleSystem improvements: capsules drawn on planes according to their linear velocity