-Papa Roach
-Green Day
-Avenged Sevenfold
-Disturbed
-Seether

And more…

Korn.
Slayer
Metallica(they kind of went down hill after the 90’s)
I Killed The Prom Queen
Bucket Head
Metro Station
Motion City Soundtrack
Scary Kids Scaring Kids
Hawthorn Heights
A Day in the life
Fall Of Troy
As I Lay Dying
Pink Floyd(i was born to the song Wish you were Here)
SOME AEROSMITH
Some GNR
Bullet for my valentine
Cute Is What we Aim For
Verge Of collapse( a Band from Rochester Minnesota)
Our Silent Procession(my friends band)
Hollywood Undead
KMK(Kotton Mouth Kings)
King Spade
Micky Avalon
The Used
H.I.M
LAMB OF GOD!!
Marilyn Manson
3Oh!3
Flobots
Bless The Fall
Fear Factory
We The Kings
SOAD(System of a down)
OZZY(RIP RHANDY!)
Dethklock
Rise Against
Four Letter Lie(the screamer kinda sucks)
Saosin
Say Anything
Madina Lake
Gorillaz
Killswitch Engage
Atreyu
Remmstein
senses Fail

really…the list goes on and on! I cant sleep with out music…I dont know how i make it through school…
Sad thing i dont own a MP3 player =(
Music is really good to set the mood for anything pretty much.
When your sad you just play a song that is sad
When your happy you listen to a happy song( for me…somthing really really heavy)
I COULDNT LIVE WITH OUT IT!

EDIT!!

Mack…It seems like we like the same type of music haha!

honestly, I can’t say there is allot of music I don’t like. The bands I generally listen to are, I’ll make it short :smiley:

Rock/Country (etc):
Stereolab
Spoon
Beck
Wilco
The Shins
The Eels
The Police
Mute Math
CAN

I’ll spit out a list of Jazz artists next.

peace,
-nick

I really enjoy listening to bands that no-one has ever heard of. I guess that this is because (with the odd exception) most of the new modern bands lack musical ability.

Yeah? Well
http://media.threadless.com/product/917/minizoom.jpg
threadless.com, Man I love this shirt.
http://media.threadless.com/product/917/view1.jpg

Halo 3 Soundtrack

COLD

HURT

The killer and the star

@ feeality and venom:

I knew you two had good taste :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I think the only type of music I can’t listen to is “happy hardcore” (fellow europeans may well have heard of the abomination known only as “Scooter”) and pointless manufactured rubbish… Stuff that’s not had any thought put into it at all. Like that Sandy Thom song (“I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair” - errrrr…what??)

Stuff I’m slightly ashamed to say I like - I think the term is guilty pleasures:

new Take that songs - very well done
Clannad (thanks to my parents’ vinyl collection) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUiu-JztpKE

DJ and MC bonez http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edHLDTA2B5E

hey same with me, i always listen to music before i go to bed, sometimes untill like 5 in the morning XD

it keeps me from thinking, which i always do because i cant get to sleep, and if i think i usually get depressed…and we all know where that leads to XD stupid emo kid =P
so yea music is pretty important to me

hey where in minisota do you live? cuz i know where rochester is

I live in st croix falls wisconsin, which is right next to chisago county if you have heard of there

and anyone know some good techno bands? that stuff is hard to find!

i already have medic droid, i am x-ray, metro station, and cobra starship

“and anyone know some good techno bands? that stuff is hard to find!”

You really should check out Cevin Key…it’s great for extending Blending sessions, if a bit dark and trippy…not unexpected for a Skinny Puppy member. I’d say it’s closer to industrial than techno, though it’s also not dissimilar to film music. Really worth taking a listen. I can’t seem to find much on youtube, but you can always go to Amazon and hear previews. Search for either “The Dragon Experience” or “Music for Cats”. I think you’ll like it.

Haha, coba starship and metro station are great, but not techno.

If you like really chill music for relaxing(but that still has a good beat and melody), I highly recommend Tele`popmusik’s record Genetic World. The stuff is seriously brilliant. It’s electronica/lounge/chill/whatever.

Edit: I also recommend Windowlicker by Aphex Twin. And peep the video sometime x)

Add Nine Inch Nails to any metal list here and you’ve got my playlist.

Also, a lot of Christian Rock and Gospel.
Evanescence, if I want something that blisters my heart.

Try Nightwish. Their vocalist is much better. And the music is somehow less drama. I used to like them alot. But I don’t really like them anymore.

My musical preferences tend to come in fases. I’m currently into my earblistering fase.

That’s funny. I didn’t realize this thread existed. Feel free to check out my music.

On my website
In a BlenderArtists thread

I am into movie music. I usually mix genres together. Like Classical and Electronica or Reggae and Techno (rare one, it sucks :p).

I am currently saving money for East West Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra.
Search and you will find it on the web.

It is a high-quality sample library which has recently been ported to the custom designed PLAY engine (they used to use NI/Kompakt technology to make and stream their instruments).

Thanks for reading my reply,

- AniCator

Since this is a music thread… Is there any free programs to make “beats” in? I know of Midi and Frutyloops…but is there any free ones that are some what easy to learn

fruity loops has that demo, just the save feature is disabled
you can still export though

and im going to try out giga studio, i have it, but im going to have to get a new computer with xp because of driver issues…vista has a lot of those kind of issues
it came free with a midi interface XD it also came with cubase which is really good for recording me band

I have always been using Jekola Buzz. Well, I’ve been using it ever since I wanted to make more professional music.
It is free and legal to download it and it is currently being updated.
It doesn’t look as fancy as FLStudio but you have to take a look under the hood to understand the power of Buzz.

http://www.buzzmachines.com

I recently switched to the ‘Hamster’ build of Buzz which has more features and fixed bugs. It’s available somewhere on http://www.hamsteralliance.com

Every track I posted on the internet was made using Buzz. I think that explains enough.
It isn’t very noob friendly. There is a small introducing documentation and there are 101 videos on YouTube. Feel free to ask me questions. I might not be able to answer them all but I’ll talk to Jamez (the Hamst3r!) and ask him if he knows what you’re talking about. :slight_smile:

- AniCator

What about Psycledelics? I’ve never really tried, just saw the forum… I hear it’s good though…

and there’s always Audition - which is OS. I think it’s available on all the major platforms…

could you link a download??? or PM me?

I’m mainly a metal/hard rock/screamo head.

Underoath
Walls of Jericho
Five Finger Death Punch
Killswitch Engage
Within Temptation
Alexisonfire
Nightwish
Rise Against
Evanescence (Fallen and Pre-Fallen)
The Fire Restart / Dana Tasker
Dragonforce