The Node Cubes

The Node Cubes

Usually I keep testing new stuff to the minimum. I do a research on how to make things that I want before I start to use a tool. After a long time however this workflow can feel very restrictive. I decided that I needed a break, so I picked two constants in a form of default cube and Geometry Nodes and went with the flow.

I did a bit of modeling by hand and sculpting, but most of the forms are done with procedural-centered tools. I also got sidetracked from Geometry Nodes and tried how existing and sometimes older features can work with them. Second most used tool in this project is Tissue addon.

There are areas that I purposefully omitted to keep the project short. Whole thing took me less than two weeks of after-hours / late evening work.

I want to give shoutouts to @alessandrozompa Alessandro Zomparelli for his work on Tissue addon and Manuel from Entagma for his tutorials on noise advection and point packing.

In the end I learned and discovered a lot, and it was lots of fun!

Pieces in reversed chronological order:

008 alien inkwell

007 rotten caviar

006 mente et malleo

005 imperial palace

004 velvet vampire

003 bloody cactus

002 chilled chrome

001 curve jungle

000 neon rocks

14 Likes

These are really trippy and cool. I’ve got to get up to speed with Geometry nodes.

1 Like

Thanks @Sean_O_Skea ! Appreciate it.

Yeah, GN have a lot to offer.