Okay, this will be my last post for awhile, cuz posting every little incremental change I make makes me feel kinda dirty after awhile.
So anyway, I’ve spent most of my Blender time doing what I’ve usually been doing these last couple of days: screwing around with my trees. Once again, I think I’ve found my happy medium. What I did before was take my trees, remesh them in sculpt mode, then decimate a bit more to get the polycount down. The end result was mushy trees.
My current method is about the same, except when I go to remesh, I set it to a very, very fine resolution so it keeps all the drops and drips. The end result gives me a mesh that’s about 3 million polys, but it decimates cleaner. I now have trees that are 1/3rd the polycount, but still look about the same. I do lose a little bit of fine detail, but it still maintains that brush splatter look I like so much.
All this endless experimentation has been an absolute blast, let me tell you. Kick. In. The. Pants.
So anyway, I decided I now have enough to really build out a beauty shot, so that’s what I did. It’s rendered in Eevee, touched up and fancified in Krita. I finally achieved that handpainted storybook feel I’ve been wanting to do for so long.
Also, I made a fence. It’s a really nice fence. Has a normalmap on it and everything.