The Old God of the Northern Mountains

A very frightening work.:eek:
wonderful

Too late for Halloween but I liked it. It’s is spooky and reminds me of Twilight Zone!

Beatutifull work.

I can’t really guess what is 3D and what is photo based.
Could you share a wireframe view of this artwork?

Sure, here’s a wireframe. I only used Photoshop for some small tweaks :wink:

Beautiful piece, definitely one of my favourite artworks this year! Mood, lighting, composition… everything to my taste.
I love how my perception of this alternates between looking at a miniature and a really epic scene!

5 stars from me

Good job!
Looks like the silence in dr who :smiley:

great job!
Looks like the silence in dr who :smiley:

I think this made the frontpage of reddit before I even saw it here. A+ work here sir. Great concept and execution. https://www.reddit.com/r/creepy/comments/5d8mnk/the_old_god_of_the_northern_mountains/ Just FYI in case someone posted it and it wasn’t you.

Yeah I saw that too. I don’t really mind who reposts my content as long as people enjoy it :slight_smile:

Huh, I never thought that Uku would be a ginormous skeleton. :smiley:

Great image.

Wow, nice. Could you give some details of the water shader? It looks pretty realistic.

That is georgeous. It’s Like being there. cool.

Here’s the note setup. It’s basically just a noise texture plugged into a bump map for the waves. I also used a much bigger noise texture to control the roughness of the surface in different areas, to emulate capillary waves created by gusts of wind.

One of my Facebook friends just changed his cover pic to this :smiley: It’s spreading like wildfire :slight_smile:

Fantastic feel and spooky, dire worry and wonder for that fighter. What’s cool for composition is that it’s very successful even with a super-strong diagonal. The eye travels quite a bit but the attention holds; in a lot of fantasy art emphasising scale, the old bad guy there might be lined up or taking all the frame as a background to the sword guy - lined up like sights on a gun from one mountain to another. That you have the image allowing a more gentle, Polar Express-like wandering river setting does so much more.

Incredibly elegant 3D solution/lighting, use of Photoshop and memorable image!

to be honest, I don’t know why this was featured . . .

wow this is like , if this is reall , it would be so horrifying man, this is no god this is one damn demon

This is AOT spoilers, isn’t it? :smiley:

You should just forget about the original and put this into your portfolio. Epic doesn’t cover it (the original is just as good, this is just my preference as I find it has more character).

Interesting job!