The Old God of the Northern Mountains

I love this piece. It feels like a painting, which kind of makes sense because you used Photoshop. I particularly admire the water and the varying patches of calm or choppy.

The original was quite a striking image - the god is particularly creepy! Ballerina skirt is a giggle!!
My only slight query is that the water is too “zig zagy” and that in the distance the water is too brightly illuminated. I know you are trying to create the sense of distance it just seems a little wrong considering the possible position of the lightening, water and viewer.

Really impressive, I love it.

This is awesome.

hey i love this image. imo the giant skeleton doesn’t have the gravitas of a being that large. when i first viewed this image, it was just the thumbnail at the top of the site, i didnt actually see your man down there at the bottom. i thought it was a normal sized skeleton with a lump to the right. i wonder if angling the camera up towards the skeleton will give it a greater sense of scale (and impending Doom) lowering the camera and changing the angle will give the viewer a more perspective as seen by your man down at the bottom as he would clearly be looking up at the skeleton.
any way dude, this is a brilliant image. good job.

Good image… kinda spooky :slight_smile:

Haunting! The lighting, composition and sculpting work together amazingly well to communicate a sense of scale and terror.

OK, that is very creepy but excellent work.
I bet the guy with the sword is thinking: ‘Yep, I’m going to die now’ :slight_smile: