The Opel GT

Made a few changes, trying to address the previously mentioned issues:

looks great! :smiley:

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Hello i’m new to blender and…WOW this is amazing. i saw some tutorials but they didnt teach me really anything, i made a soccer ball. how do you get the dimensions and measurments correct? Any tips and tutorial ideas for me that you found helpful. sorry if i cant ask, like i said i’m new. BTW, are you working for a 3d design company of any sort. You are truly amazing and deserve the likes you are getting.

Imagine that in the game engine :evilgrin:

Forza Motorsport 8.

@Zeth:
Thanks!
The best tip I can give is “start making something” :yes:
Everytime you stumble on a difficulty question it on google, nowadays almost any question has been previously asked by someone on some forum, so it’s almost sure you’ll find the answer as well.

I’m walking the road to become a Movie Director, my primary goal since ever.
Because yet no one payed me to be movie director, and as I’ve acquired these modeling and mediocre animation skills over time, today I’m yet working as 3d generalist freelancer to anyone that pays something to make anything in Blender :slight_smile:

@Blenderman9000 and Impreza09:

Gran Turismo 7 for PS4 should have a powerful enough game engine/platform to run it :yes:

Hi Rogper, could you please explain how do you setup the composition of the car to the Hdri? Do you use backplates? Thanks :slight_smile:

hello I was following this thread like thousand of others… nice results and I have one question how did you make backplate and shadows after car becaus its dificult task, can you explayn how?

No, no backplates were used, this HDRi had 11000 pixels horizontal resolution and occupies 200Mb :eek:
So it’s the actual thing, it updates in real time as you move the camera, it’s a real 360º background centered on the car.

@STart:
I remember you very well :yes: good to see you again :slight_smile:
Thanks!

I’ve explained it previously here (comment #28):

Hope it helps, if you have more specific doubts fell free to put them :slight_smile:

And how do you match the perspective of the hdri, the camera and the car itself? :slight_smile:

Blender does that, including the dept of field. You just assign the HDRi as an environment texture to the world.

Super! It’s so nice to see this in the gallery. much deserved after all the work you put into it.

Thanks tyrant monkey!

you should really submit this image to the blender.org gallery. and blender nation :wink:

XD completly forgot the Blender.org gallery, thanks for the heads up ctdabomb!

Really nice. :slight_smile:

But it won’t be fully photorealistic until you dirty it out, just a little, hehe… The only reason you see it’s a render is it is just too perfect. :smiley:

Hey Farmfield,
Thanks! You’re right, yeah one would expect a bit o dirt :slight_smile:
Although if I was to take photos of a new car for Opel I would request it to be delivered on the set being transported on a truck, with a dust cover on, and would remove it just to take the photos hehe

I’ve made yet one more version of the same render and it’s a bit more dirtier :yes:

If you have free time, can you make a video tutorial or timelapse let ssai with monkey ar cube workfrow, thank you :slight_smile:

Hey STart,
Sorry but I didn’t understood what topic you would like me to cover on the tuturial :slight_smile: Could it be the integration of an object with a background image!? I won’t make any promises, tutorials are always very time consuming, but if I can I’ll do it…