the rain is gone...

@ndy is always showing us up :x , great work, very inspirational.

This is, whiout any doubt, the most complete scene I’ve evers seen done in Blender: it’t has everything essential. Little more or less would ruin the subtle balance of the mood it has now.

Bravo.

p.s. I like the wet, cluttered hair. That is extremely nicely done.

The fan-boy wtf? I just like the image sjeez icon_confused.gif

I’m just kidding. It’s just that every time @ndy posts someone (usually a noob) posts immediatly saying EXACTLY word for word what you said. “Thats the best image I’ve seen made with Blender! Tutorial?!”

haha ok, next time i will let others say that to me :wink:

@ndy,
What a nice your creation!!! [!]

posted on cgtalk:

Great!
Here’s hoping it makes front page…

well… i’ve voted 5 stars :slight_smile:

The hair look great, was it from help of this!?

https://blenderartists.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41356
#7. Feathers?

nope. the hair is a simple subsurf mesh.

:o
this is amazing!!!

i think this is your best work! :smiley:

wowwwwww I love it :o :o :o :o

Realy excelent. I like the light/darkness of it…

Can we see the before/after post prod processing ??? please. :Z

First of all, an amazing image. I’ve been tempted to do pieces on things I’ve felt in the past and have always shied away of revealing such an aspect of myself, I think it’s courageous of you to do so.

Onto the crits. :slight_smile: To me the volumetric beam of light seems to be coming from above the characters (a street light perhaps), and yet on the underside of the ‘gargoyle’ type creature there are bright highlights, coming from underneath, which doesn’t seem to fit. This does provide lovely contrast though I admit, I guess it depends if you were aiming for realism or not.

The fog/rain behind the main protagonists doesn’t seem all that thick, yet it effectively obscures the entire building behind. The soft dirt map type textures you use (which look very nice) nevertheless seem to be too similar across the different models, such as the womans clothing and the dirt and paving slabs.

The bright light on the top of the woman’s arms and legs (and on the little robot) seems much brighter than that shining on the pavement. I think the glow’s just a little too much as well.

I agree with other crits I read about the eyes seeming too white, but maybe you were aiming for this affect (reminds me of the Japanese horror effect where you can’t see the eyes). I feel one or two minor parts of the face could use work, in particular the shape of the nose seems a little too small and squashed. The hair is wonderful.

These are of course all relatively minor crits, the overall piece is extremely well executed. :smiley: Sorry if I’m nitpicking.

as wonderful as painfull…

That’s amazing. :o

Hmm… made in a week? :expressionless: If I tried to do that it’d take a year, and still not look good. :frowning:

I hope your dark times come to an end soon, @ndy. Just don’t do what this girl is doing. We want you to stay around. :slight_smile:

aquaglow: thanks a lot! it’s the nitpicking that usually helps. :smiley:

the dark times are definately over.
thank you all.
.andy

hey andy
hope everythings good.
amazing work, as usual. just wondering when youre sites gonna be up? cant wait to see what you come up with next, im sure i speak for everyone here.

@ndy rulez
respect!

I don’t know where from does come your creative invention? Each one your concept become more strange and amazing.

As always excellent idea and impresive quality of all contents of the scene.

I can’t wait for details of “Project Orange”. I read that you participate in production as main creative artist and i wonder how big progress in animation have you done since your last aimated production.

Wow, so much Emotions in this render, very well done @ndy. Everything there is so damn nice. Lighting, texturing, composition…,everything´s just perfect.

Congrats, good luck for the Orange Project and have a nice time in Amsterdam :smiley: :wink: .

Bye, Olaf.