The remaking of the Transformer :) WIP

Thanks Tc2466 :slight_smile: IĀ“ll do my best Tc2466ā€¦

Bit by bit but I am getting there :slight_smile:

Yes I am finally done with the implementing of the Tranformers metal textures. That was a very hard work and probably the best metal texture I have created. Now it is really to UV map the rest of the legs and apply. I did not want to carry on before I felt totally ready with this part. I am also done with the lightning mood. The final result will be post apocalyptic. I post too the node for the main texture to show you how it want.

The main node :slight_smile:

Very interesting project. Iā€™m excited to see more of it!

Thanks Frobenius.Edge :slight_smile:

Very cool. I like the render on post #22. Keep up at it!

:slight_smile: This transformer will look nothing like we have seen before :slight_smile: I have in fact not used one single transformer pic as reference but instead pics that show metallic articulations and mechanical gears. I attend to involve all the pieces in the transformation :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Right now I have just started with the texturing fas 2 which involves rust and scratches (fas 1 is what you see in the pic above). Everything is done in Blender Cycles.

Now I am DAMN done with this part! I really have to carry on with the rest of the legs As you will notice I hace created som crash bumps on the knee parts. Maybe a bit hard to see in this angle! I also added some more dirt there and there. On to the shin and tyre parts now. I hope to be done with those parts by the begining of the wee

k. I hope you like it

Astonishing!!! :eek:
How Long did you make this?!
If You could, Could you Teach me?

Thanks Hanif13 :slight_smile: It took probably about 50 hours to design/create this piece and that is only the upper leg parts from the waist down to the knees :slight_smile: lol That is included all the material and dirt map implementing. For the texturing I use bitmap and procedural.

I found some time to do some texture painting on the Transformers leg. I should be

one with those by the end of the week end. Have also started to model some parts above the waist. I hope you like it :slight_smile:

So much detail - very well done.

This is AWESOME Pascal!!!
:wink:

Thanks guys :slight_smile: I am really not done with the details. It is gonna be much more in there! I am really putting the titan cards to the test with this one :slight_smile: Futhermore, I really feel connected to this production and that is also a good opportunity to show what can be done in Blender.

Incredible details !!! :slight_smile: And really nice jobs on the shaders ! They look very good !!
Curious to see the final look of your transformer !! :slight_smile:

Thanks tc2466 :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I think I am done with the Transformers legs. That was intensive compositing and texturing work! I am already working on the upper parts. Lotsa design work that is :slight_smile: For the sake of this scene, I used a slight DOF.

Very cool project, love the details - like the tires, beyond awesome. Love that tractor type pattern. :smiley:

Your materials are a bit off though, making it look quite cartoonyā€¦? Perhaps itā€™s made like that on purpuseā€¦

In my taste, for a mostly metal model like this Iā€™d go for more spec and reflections. And I just focus on the materials and never start texturing until I got the look I want for the material base spec and reflectivity- otherwise youā€™re working against your textures instead of using them to enhance your materialsā€¦ :slight_smile:

Och alltid sk!tkul att se talangfulla Svenskar hƤr! Har missat att du var Svensk nƤr jag sett tidigare grejerā€¦ :wink:

Tack Farmfield :slight_smile: Vilken del av Sverige kommer du ifrƄn? SjƤlv bor jag i Karlskrona :slight_smile:

I totally understand you what you mean but I am going for something different with this one. That said, I really followed my plan all way through and have achieved I think the result I was aiming at. The texturing and compositing were really intensive and the goal is to create some kind of in between reallty effect. This will be part of a post apocalyptic scene which I attend to HDR post process as a final result. I hope you understand what I mean :slight_smile: I had to use everything on that, procedural, bitmaped and polypaint texturing to create the effect and also Specular and Occlusion by all means. As long as displacement is concerned, I choosed to not use to much of Normal mapping but instead did the job with sculpt. This is a really big design work. I do not want to create something that people already have seen a million times!!

Well, I do not know if more Spec and reflections would do good in there! This is a old robot in a far future. It is dirty, rusty but not too much and created of unknown modified anisotropic and recycled metals of some sorts. Just for fun, I implemented some HDRI but was not pleased with the result. I am not done yet, much more will happen and I am really willing to explore more possibilities! Thanks for pointing that to me :slight_smile: