The Underland Project_old

Wow! This project looks really awesome! Keep up the good work.

Thanks! I will! XD

This is looking pretty great so far!

LOL, after seeing the name Suzanne Collins, I thought it was super familiar but it took me a few minutes and a google search before I realized she wrote the Hunger Games XD. I didn’t even know both these series were written by the same person!

UPDATE!

I think I’m done with Gregor’s hair. The only thing I’m concerned about now is how it will work with Physics… hehehe…O.O

BUT YEAH! Here’s a full body turn around:

Feel free to say something about it. Critics and Comments are welcome. :slight_smile:

This is a base model of the character, by the way, I don’t want to put too much texture on it yet.

THAT’S ALL!

I would recommend 3d modeled hair, like star wars rebels. Because no matter how much you make the hair perfect, the rest of your model will clash with it.

Make everything simple because animation, sound and editing will take forever. If you model everything perfect it will to long time. Then you’ll give up when animation is due. OMG , the sound effects and music.

I recommend that you make the voices and sound effects first with storyboard. Then with animatics. You will save a couple of years with this. Also if you need help later on you have something to show.

Hey! Thanks for the suggestion! Yeah. Modeled hair might save me time but it doesn’t give me the look and feel of the character that I’m trying to achieve. I don’t want things to look to cartoonified like Star Wars: Rebels but I just want to keep it balanced due to the look and feel that the book gave me.

For this project, I don’t really care about how long it will take to finish so I don’t mind having to work on it forever. :slight_smile: I have a deadline for it but I don’t mind not following since not really many is anticipating it, it’s the first scene, and my boss is me. Although I wouldn’t make that a reason of not following it. Just saying that I don’t mind if I fail.

Also, working with particle systems hair instead of the modeled mesh hair, gives that challenge to work things around and find ways to render things fast at the same time not sacrificing the look your trying to achieve. I do believe that your animation’s look shouldn’t be decided by how fast you should make it but rather how you have envisioned it. It’s your job as the creator to find ways to make it possible even when you or others think it’s not. So, this is kind of a training for me to overcome that hurdle. And yeah, I’m not afraid of failing.

Another thing, I decided to do the first scene for this project alone. So my workflow is conceptualize all the characters in the scene first and then model a base model of them making them ready for anything animation, then storyboard the script or animatics. First scene is an experiment and since,I already started modeling the characters, I have to continue with the rest or the rhythm of my workflow will be ruined. Then I’d feel lost. hehe. I am planning to create animatics or storyboards but only after or maybe while modeling the characters. I don’t really follow the traditional 3D animation pipeline that the books say, mainly because I’m not working with a team and I mostly know what I want to achieve but I couldn’t say the same for the next scenes though.

So yeah! The first scene is an experiment and I’m just going over it with the workflow that I created. Then make some changes with the system later on. My system is actually designed so that I can provide contents for my YouTube channel while working on this Big Project.
So yeah. I’m sticking with it, unless it doesn’t work. But so far, it’s working great. :slight_smile:

Haha! So you’ve read The Underland Chronicles? Not many do. Hehe. Not as many as Hunger games, atleast. XD

This looks really cool! There are a few things that are bothering me about your character model though. His eyes are too big and bug-eyed. They lost some of the shape from the concept art. try to match them up better so they have those nice cornered angles. Also the lips in my opinion can use a rework on the shape. Make them fuller, and more realistic. You can probably keep the same topology, just sculpt the shape a bit more, and bring in some edge loops near the edges of the lips where it will be sharper. But mostly, fix the color difference. make the texture fade from skin to lips. Right now it is much too sharp. Other than that, the eyes and lips, this looks great! I’ll definitely be checking back here!