The unofficial Benchmark .blend

Render Time on my box:

Blender Internal 03min 09sec

(Athlon 3400+, 1GB RAM)

but that is the problem alltaken. the difference with yafray and blender internal is huge. if i make blender internal finish it here in 5 minutes yafray does it 2 times faster leaving nothing at a brand new machine. also i want to create a longer time because its a better average of rendertime. and it is something to wait for. :wink: also there is still the osa bug causing longer rendertimes. in the next blenderversion it will be fixed.

great thoro. do you have yafray installed? id like to know what the time diference is on a fast machine like yours.

OK, here are detailed results:

Blender CVS version (16.09.2004):
Internal Renderer: 03:09
Yafray (XML): 01:02
Yafray (Plugin): runtime error :smiley:

Blender CVS version (19.09.2004):
Internal Renderer: 04:00
Yafray (XML): 01:00
Yafray (Plugin): 00:52

Blender 2.34:
Internal Renderer: 04:01
Yafray (XML): 01:00
Yafray (Plugin): 00:52

Machine: AMD Athlon 64 3400+, 1GB RAM, Windows XP

thank you. i have got an error in at least one of the cvs builds. ill run it through the latest.

[edit] nope it runs smoothly. but i got a error with another cvs build i got from the new features test thread. do you get a error from the visual C++ runtime library?

Blender 2.34 internal: 4:29
Yafray /plugin): 1:06

Pentium 4 2.8Ghz
1 Gb Ram
Linux - Debian Sid

thank you. but i need more data. it wont harm your computer. and you can see how fast your computer renders in compare with others.

render time for rinv1.2.blend:

Blender 2.34 Internal: 18:55
Yafray (plugin): 3:15

G4 800 MHz
640 Mb RAM
Mac OS 10.3.5

On my Laptop - Eurocom 888ES - ATI Radeon 9000

Ring 1.2 - 6:37 minutes

Blender V2.34
Win XP Pro
P4 - 2.4 GHz
512 MB Ram

In my computer lab at school where I teach (30 machines)

Ring 1.2 - 16:38 minutes
Blender V2.34
Win 98SE
P3 - 800 MHz
256 MB Ram

http://members.home.nl/dotblend/benchmark.htm

already did something like this, but never advertised it here on elysiun

that is a nice site. but your render time is too long for a benchmark. the site looks nice though.

could someone make something like it but then with a form to fill in the data. Alltaken is willing to host it. maybe something with a database to be able to sort it and search things.

but that is up to the one that is willing to make it.

how do you tell how long the render took in blender?

it took me 3min 8seconds to render the ringv1.2.blend

I could probably do that in ASP, but i’m not that experienced, so unless it’s that important, I’ll do it.

as long it doesnt look bad you can do it.

Blender hardy needs a feature to calculate render times… in console, for example

I tried rendering in yafray and I got an error that closed blender… crap, crap, crappity, crap.

heres mine… took me 6 minutes and 32 secs on an amd athalon xp 1700 overclocked to 1.84 ghz with a geforce fx 5200 (pos) card. This is the ringver1.2.blend

http://img86.exs.cx/img86/3224/benchmark.jpg

try pressing the XML button in the middle yafray tab in the render buttons. maybe it works then.

it works now thanks. what does that button do exactly? by the way I tried to render the ring in yafray and I got it to work several times but then one time it was computing for 3 :o hours straight until I finally closed it. weird.