The Wonky Room

Hello!
For this project I really wanted to try to get that ‘wonky’ aesthetic from films like ParaNorman, BoxTrolls etc. where everything is a bit uneven with exaggerated shapes and full of character.
It’s made with a game engine in mind, so low/medium poly and using hand painted diffuse textures only. I did some of the texturing directly in Blender, some in Photoshop and a few bits in Substance Painter. The render is in Blender 4.0, using EEVEE.

Thanks for looking!
:black_cat:

79 Likes

Hi. I find the aesthetic wonderful. I looked at it for a long time!

1 Like

Wow this is so cute and well laid out. Its cool to see something original like this, even if its borrowing from the style of other works. I love the spooky and quirky subject matter.

1 Like

Thanks very much, it’s really good to know it was interesting to look at for a while! :smiling_face:

Thanks! Spooky-cute is what I was going for! :grin:

1 Like

Has a sort of Burton look to me … but not as a direct copy, more like a slight nod.

REALLY nice with choosing a limited color palette and making it work so well, you really made the most of that. That takes some talent.

Love all the little details in the frames and stacks and boxes.

Nice work.

1 Like

wow, Beautiful work

1 Like

Magical! Great work!:heart_eyes::fire:

1 Like

TYVM! :smiley:

There are quite a lot of objects, so I did go for a more limited range of colours to avoid it being too noisy with all the ‘background’ objects pulling focus. The blue tint in the lighting helped to pull it all together too.

You’re on the featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Great TYVM! :partying_face:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thank you again!

1 Like

fantastic :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:

1 Like

thanks very much! :partying_face: