Thinsoldier's Sketchbook 2023

The amount of noise into wave textures is too damn high!

Haha great work, the interior archviz stuff keeps amazing me.

The fisheye shots are actually pretty great, don’t know what’s their use but they remind me of early jackass/cky flat demolition :smiley:

Well done! I like the first shot the most as it has the right amount of depth and it is appealing. You did a great job recreating it. :slight_smile:

Here’s a helpful tip: instead of using a Sun lamp, you can set the world lighting to white and increase the brightness a bit. Then, you can add a Sun lamp with a strength of 10 and adjust the angle to around 20-30 degrees. If you want a cooler effect, you can also use the Blackbody node. This will create a cool lighting environment while still maintaining a nice contrast.

Here is a more in-depth tutorial about what I am talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSawkZZeusA. This is for Corona Render but, the techniques can be applied with Blender.

lol, noooo, no no, no RECREATION here. It’s a free file from Blendswap.com

I use the Nishita Sky texture as a crutch too much. It’s been hard for me to get away from it because it solve 3 problems for me so easily: How strong is real sunlight when casting a shadow at that angle. Easily playing with shadow angle and light strength at the same time. How strong should the electric light sources be in relation to real sunlight, gotta have a reasonably correct sun strength first.

1 Like

Oh, sorry. I thought you meant it was a recreation when you said in the lines:

Then, still, the first image is the one I prefer. :slight_smile:

What is that?

It’s a crazy idea for a house in a hurricane prone region where the cost of electricity is too high to afford air conditioning.

What is that?

1 Like

I need to find a cheap android developer.

App name: snoop defense

What it does: Every time I unlock my screen I want a prompt that shows buttons for “Restart Now” and “Cancel”. If you touch “restart now”, nothing happens. If you long press “restart now” it turns the phone off. If you touch “cancel” it starts taking screenshots every 3 seconds. It also starts doing something in the background that will both slow the phone down noticeably and drain the battery as fast as safely possible, and disable the standard ways of taking screenshots manually. Perhaps also completely disable the sharing mechanism of android if possible.

This way I can see what they were looking at when they were on my phone, its frustrating for them to get their desired amount of snooping done quickly, they can’t screenshot things and send the screenshots to themselves and then delete the message they sent from my phone to their phone.

Also needs the option to skip the prompt if the phone was unlocked via fingerprint.

Locking then unlocking and touching “restart now” puts everything back to normal.

a vs b:

a vs c:

b vs c:

C:\Users\thinsoldier\Desktop\BlenderWorkPC\2023\090 junkan bootleg chocolate\bootleg 06.blend

90% of the difference between B and C is a change to the way point lights look in Blender 4.0.
For some reason I had a massive point light encompassing these scene.
There is a little bit of a difference in the Bump Node rendering also.

3 Likes

using the lighting and background of blendswap italian-style-still-life-scene 8909

Why is lighting so hard?

Why is everything in old Blendswap scenes 30 feet tall?

i think what I need to do for the wrapper is to actually sculpt in some wrinkles:

3 Likes

I shrunk everything down to real world size like the previous renders of this.

I often ask people on social media if they work at real world scale. Most of the time I’m told there is no reason to. Here is a big reason. The original procedural bump texture of earlier renders did not work when the object was blown up by 60 so I tried making a new one at that size. Now when the object is shrunk by 60 that texture does not work. Apply scale and it looks very different but still nothing like what I had before.

60ft scene vs 3ft scene:

3 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

4.0 Alpha Light Linking Test + Energy Conservation Branch Test

2 Likes

3 Likes

still a few things to fix the IOR on for the 4.0 test branch

5 Likes

Can I just put file:// links in here to make it easier to get to things?

[asdf](file:///C:/Users/thinsoldier/Desktop/BlenderWorkPC/2020/3ds-streetpass-mii-plaza-restaurant/Open/)

nope

control strength of bump map by size of object

\2020\3ds-streetpass-mii-plaza-restaurant\Open\GN arches test scaling bump strength with object size.blend

quake 3 arena links

https://www.quake3world.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18437

2 Likes