This is just wrong.....

They left out the part where some farm will either burn off the end of their beaks or they cut them off.

Some places also will de-claw the feet.

hmmm… ouch! that hurts :frowning:

It’s food, you eat it, and it makes you live.

The thing I can’t get my head around is that people would rather eat this “natural chicken”, than a genetically modified, but protein-wise identical, meat fabricated chicken (as in: meat grown in a vat with enzymes).

Then again, most people are afraid of anything that’s not what they’ve learned for the past 500, 600 years -ish.

he shoulda made them outa gummy worms

i dont mean funny as in “hahahah look at that chick, hahhahaha” i mean as in “i cant believe those people are throwing them down a chute, its terrible, is this for real?” if u no wat i mean

I wonder if this is legal in all countries? In Holland we have a consumer advisory that grades meat depending on the conditions that the animals live in. There are ad campaigns on tv to educate people about the way animals are raised. I have a feeling something like this would be frowned upon here. The funny thing is, that the people that consume meat don’t know about this stuff, because the corporations in charge of the food supply know that they would get a bad rep from this. If you look at the youtube comments, the majority of people find it cruel and inhumane, which it is.

And yes, the matter-of-factness with which the woman speaks is very cold. Discovery is a network run pretty much by corporate interest. NatGeo is too.

Ïf you think this is cruel, I strongly advise you against seeing anything else done to walking or flopping meat in the food industry.

Oh, and I eat lamb at least once a year, fois-gras is one of my favorites with a good sauterne, I don’t like kale because there’s not enough on it to eat, although it tastes great. And schrimps are nice too. I draw the line at barbecued tarantula though… Locusts with chocolate tasted nice but just isn’t my thing.

And I know fully how my food is killed and prepared… and I don’t feel guilty about it… although I try to avoid tuna because of the dolphin in the nets myth, and because we’re emptying the seas anyway, so it’s not “renewable food”. Oh And froglegs are off the menu, I don’t care about killing, but I do care about suffering… and being left for days in a vat with your back broken is not my idea of how one should treat food…
I’ve been told bull-baited meat tastes great, but I won’t eat it if I can avoid it.(where they stress the cow by setting dogs on it before killing it)

It’s not because it can scream and run away that it’s any higher than a plant you know… it’s just different.

As long as people cannot agree wether animals have souls or not, and the registration laws states that animals count as property… I don’t think I should worry more about breaking a chair than killing a cow… hmmmm, cow… and if you think that’s cruel of me, just look at what you had for dinner… Then again, I wouldn’t enjoy killing an animal foor food, it’s more like a necessity, just like cutting grass or fetching vegetables.

Of course if you raised Daisy-the-cow there is an emotional bond… but daisy-the-cow is just another part in the food chain, and it’s parts will go sustaining other life.

I puzzles me why people have such a hard time coping with the truth… must be a bad habit inherited from the parents thing. If you let it, your brain can understand anything.

And if you want a real brainwaker: meat at least is dead when you eat it (mostly), but vegetables, you sometimes eat them raw and alive.

I don’t think they would do this if i t hurts the animals…but I don’t know… they are thrown around a lot.

I saw the same episode some months back, I don’t see much cruel or immoral about it. Helllllloooooo… they’re chickens!

I don’t understand you people. Where do you think the food you shovel into your pie-hole everyday comes from? Some magical, fairy chicken land where the chicks are raised in condos and then when mature, offer themselves up to market with a painless swallow of sleeping pills with Barry Manilow playing in the background?

that is why chickens exist …to be killed by humans

Surely this isn’t that bad? Yes, they are probably very stressed while undergoing the process of hatching and sorting, especially after being fatigued by being born. And sure, they’re thrown around a bit, but they’re not injured in the process. All they feel is a thud.

Overpopulation isn’t really the problem. If anything, specialization and industrialization are the problem.

It kind of reminds me of the matrix with the human harvests

You know…this might sound insane…but I actually pictured myself being one
of the chickens going trough that process…and it was a nightmare!!!

The solution can be found here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070723/ :stuck_out_tongue:

Soylent Green is people!!! Yeah wouldn’t that suck!:eek:

ever heard of vegetarians?

i cant wait till im reincarnated as a chicken and hatching outa my shell to be thrown down a conveyer belt and grabbed by some old lady and then chucked down a chute, tell u the truth, if they could artificially make meats in a lab, and it tasted the same, looked the same, i would eat it, anyone would, the only ones who wouldnt would look like fools cus they would be pretty much saying “its better if they were living things than fake” dam, i hope that these companies eventually start to secretly do these things, and then drop the bomb on the consumer 5 years later saying “youve been eating something that a scientist made, HAHAHAHAHAH!” then wat would people say?? huh!!! huh!!!

iv never liked chucken, exept those chicken tenders, those are good:yes:

tell u the truth, if they could artificially make meats in a lab,

haha! a picture is worth a thousand words :slight_smile:

Nice One!!! :cool::cool::cool: