This is just wrong.....

What did your boss do after you told his wife to “get the f#ck out of my house”?

well she turned bright red, then purple and made a “pfffft!” sound repeatedly … stood up and demanded that her husband follow her out. [husband just sits there with the “1000 yard stare” totally silent] Then she turned and stomped out, slamming the door.

After she was gone my boss said something to the effects of “Sorry about that, I dont know what to do anymore.”, then he began to eat the steak, [wife honks the car horn] and commenting on how good the steak was, and how there was an involuntary ban on meat in his house.[wife honks the car horn again]

He then said that I was the first person to stand up to her, and that he wished he could do it without serious sexual/mental retaliation. [wife honks the car horn], he looks in the direction of the car, and starts eating the steak again, then says “dont worry she will do that one more time before coming back in.” Just as he predicted the horn sounded once again a few minuets later, and we heard the car door slam, and a muddled "gaaaaaad dammit! "…
He then stood up, and thanked us for a great dinner, and apologized again, then went to pacify his wife.

We never spoke of it again at work, and everything was business as usual

After that I totaly understood why at lunchtime he was ordering double pastrami, and roast beef sandwiches , Big Macs, Double cheese burgers and everything else he could not eat in his own home.

It’s not about killing and eating animals - that’s natures way. It’s about doing it in the most human way, meaning inflicting least pain and stress on the animal. How to you feel about a cow getting chased around by dogs before getting a bolt in the head vs. just being let to a pen and getting bolted? A cow getting a bolt in the head vs. getting bled to death over the course of minutes? A debeaked, declawed chicken vs a free-range chicken?
The welfare of animals are worth paying for. How you treat inferior beings is very telling of your personality.

How to you feel about a cow getting chased around by dogs before getting a bolt in the head

Who ever does that has never heard of a high powered riffle. The rancher I get my meat from just drives up and shoots one in the head from a distance so they never know what is coming. one minuet they are chewing some sweet grass, the next minuet they are being greeted by St. Peter into the grassy planes of heaven (yea, right!)

as far as getting them to walk thru a shoot at a slaughter house they use electric shock from a device known as a cattle prod . It is not a little zap either, it is enough voltage to knock a grown man on his butt.

i hate to say it mmph, but i know for sure that those statistics are wrong on the first video.
that must have been made a long time ago or in a different country because PETA or whatever that animal cruelty group thing is would be all over those guys.
I live in oklahoma, where pretty much everything is a farm.
if there are any places that do that to the animals, then they own probably less than 1 acre and are jerks. some of it is true though.in fact, i helped castrate a pig at my friends house, and there is no pain medicine, true. but it will only hurt them for about 10 minutes, because there is a disinfecting numbing spray with all these chemicals in it to make the pig more comftorble. as for the throat slitting? Havent seen it yet, and ive been all over. the beak cutting? maybe really really really really cruel people :mad:would do it if they lived on very very very little land. Pretty much, now adays, almost all of the animals lives are heaven, except for castrating and slaughter day.:frowning:
and the cows packed tight? i have seen that a couple times, but they let them out for hours at a time in groups and herd them back in.
Unfortunately:no:, there still is animal cruelty out there. and I feel bad for the animals. but not eating meat has very little to do with it anymore.

Now, after watching the third video that mmph posted, that just strenghens my statement before. it is truly unfortunate that there are people that would do this to animals. but there are laws against it. and as i also said, modern days, there space because of merging buisnesses and thus, a more natural, humane environment. i dont believe that anyone should be a vegitarian. God made animals edible for the same reason he made fruits and vegitables edible. and if it makes you feel better, i bet those people that did that are going to hell.

Here you go the beak cutting… and in america :frowning:

this video is from PETA…

let me find you more from the great US of A

here is the rest of it…not all of this was filmed in united states
part 1

above was part 2 about the poultry
here is part 3

Hehe, that’s the best story I’ve heard in a long time! :smiley: Thanks for all the info you supplied.

well, really if you think about it, the beak cutting is a good thing. would you rather get your beak cut and feel it for a couple days, or get pecked to death and die slowly and painfully. and as i said, they really only do that when they are desperate for space.

I looked at the Videos, and all I can say is that it took nearly 5 minutes for me to see anything that might be even considered cruel. Beak cutting is done so the chickens don’t peck each other to death. Would you rather the chickens did do that?

As for the killing of the chickens, exactly what would you consider to be a politically correct way to kill a chicken?

I looked at the Videos, and all I can say is that it took nearly 5 minutes for me to see anything that might be even considered cruel. Beak cutting is done so the chickens don’t peck each other to death. Would you rather the chickens did do that?

As for the killing of the chickens, exactly what would you consider to be a politically correct way to kill a chicken?
I use kitchen sheers and decapitate them. Our chickens roam freely around our property. They are great for pest control, they eat centipedes and cockroaches. as for how other people kill their animals/property, it really is none of my business.

as far as removing beaks and claws, you missed the big picture… look at the reason they do that.
Look at them freaking out, rubbing off their feathers, and getting abrasions from being in cramped spaces.
Chickens are naturally supposed to walk around all day scratching up insects, and grain/seeds. THEY DONT NATURALLY PECK EACH OTHER TO DEATH. (the cocks will though, they will tear each other apart if you let them)

in my book the treatment is totaly cruel and un-natural.

That is not the reason I dont buy poultry from the big companies. The biggest reason I dont buy it is because it is un-healthy. Those chickens get tumors and internal cysts, they are feed GMO grains that is labeled as un-fit for human consumption.The birds are living in filth constantly.

My chickens might not be as tender as the ones I buy from the store, but they sure taste better. Mine have no fat on them to speak of. The eggs I gather have almost orange-ish red yolks , the ones I see in the store are pail yellow, because the hen’s poor diet/lack of protein.Plus I have not had to buy chicken in 10 years ,I just got the chicks via mail order, and they keep re-producing. (sometimes greed is good)

Getting pissed off at the meat industry never solves anything, as long as people cast their supporting vote by buying their product, nothing will change.
I have better things to worry about, so I just get my meat in other ways.

I just find the videos linked to enlightening.

my opinion on most animal right groups is pretty low anyways… people like peta spend their time splashing blood on people wearing fox stoles and alligator shoes, rather than making their own meat industry that treats the animals with a little respect…
The American Humane society are a bunch of hypocrites in my book as well, they will waste Millions on television ads and snappy new uniforms , when the money should be spent on strong toxins to kill the animals humanly.
When they are low on money they just toss them in a box that is connected to a generator’s exhaust pipe to “gas” them.
Even the Nazis used real poison to kill people, AHS can kiss my ass.

they now also have space regulations, so the animals are oly allowed to be that cramped for a certain amout per day, or during delivery to somewhere else.

My computer was muted when I started watching the video, and I was trying not to disturb my Grandpa. So I assumed it was a dub of a how its made, that started saying some innapropriate things (as most vids on Ytube do) I started trying to imagine all the things that the narrator was probably saying, and was cracking up. I kept having little laughter tingles for about half an hour, imagining things. I don’t know if I would have laughed at the separator, but it was kind of cute to see all the chicks together (no matter how cruel) I just like chickens.

I am a member of the humane society. I am a vegetarian. I raised a chicken from an egg myself.
I thought the video was cruel, and I only watched part of it (scrolled forward to see the “separator” after unmuting)

Chickens are meant to be eaten, not processed like some kind of product. This was sick. If a human wants to prey on another species, we have the right to naturally, but accepting mass-slaughtered poultry from a factory is so unnatural. If we use our evolved technology to shoot a cow, I believe that is an advanced version of hunting. If you go to your neighborhood McDonalds and order a double cheeseburger, you disturb a natural order in a disgusing way.

I don’t know exactly what MMPH! is saying about the humane society, but when I say I’m a member, I support their contributions to anti-cruelty publicity. They actually had an article about just this, and showed all the things you were talking about: malnutrition, pecking to death, cancerous tumors, etc. I’ve never heard about uniforms, and I don’t see a whole lot of TV ads for them (maybe because I have a DVR). Guess who wastes more money on convincing things it will never use or make positve changes to.

The Government! :slight_smile:

How do you slaughter with toxins, wouldn’t that make the animal poisonous to eat? And why are you relating Nazi gas chambers to this?

im pretty sure that the cows in heaven live in happiness with kernal sanders and the guy that founded wendys
wenever im feeling sad about poor animals i go and play deer avenger and kill some hunters from hill billy-hill
http://partners.nytimes.com/library/tech/98/12/circuits/articles/17game.1.jpg
i pretend its real and all is good

I really like your avatar picture! It looks like one of the chicks from the video. Did you create this especially for this post? :cool:

Attachments

hey , it looks liek that one already got de-beeked, poor thing

Ha, no, thats the Wild Eep. It’s my drawing of the animal that I imagined makes the old Mac OS 9 alert sound: Wild eep

thats also the sound that a baby chick says wen its first thrown down the conveyer belt to ur local meat market

Lets say you don’t want to see what happens after that.

De-beeking, de-clawing, and getting rid of the roosters… how do they do that, and where to the roosters end up is the crazy part.

And here we are all commenting… it’s been fun, I’m going back to working some… and not thinking what’s in the meat I fed to the cat from the neighbours who went on vacation…

And I know for a fact that being an uncarefull vegan is bad for your health: I had four of them in my dorm, they all looked skinny, whitish bleak skin, and all had a tendency to become overtly agressive in certain situations. Off course, add a fried egg to their diet and suddenly they become the most amiable persons in the world…

Balance the food to balance the person…
As for whole countries being vegan: it’s quite possible for whole populations to have a genetical ability to cope with certain vitamin difficiencies. However this takes several generations to work out. And if you come from a family that’s been eating meat for generations you stomach and overall biological make-up expects to get certain forms of food to be able to function correctly. Also certain bacteria and others can help digest the food and be used as an in-between to transform the food to an usable source whereas somebody else might not have that tippical bacterial strain and be unable to do anything with that typical food molecule/part.
Eating varied food source insures that you have enough building material… it is not a necessity per-se if you know which kinds of food are good for you.
Figuring out which foods are suited can be found out by selectively eating stuff and figuring out what works and what does not… they recently discovered that a substantial percentage of children having ADHD was due to being fed a type of food theyr bodies couldn’t cope with. It usually takes months to find out what specific food or protein it is… but it’s a lot safer to stop eating carrots than to start taking meds.