time traveling is possible

+4C, IIRC, not that it matters…
“So yes basically it goes down”, no it stays the same. Remember that ice floats, not all of it is submerged.
Say I have 100mL of water, which weighs 100g. If I freeze it, it will still be 100g, but it will be (I don’t know the exact figure, but about) 120mL.
When I drop this in a tub or water, by the Archimedes principle it will float so that it displaces the same weight of water as its own weight, ie 100g, which is 100mL.
So when it’s ice it will displace 100mL, and when its melted it adds 100mL - so the water level will not change.

He mentioned that exact thing, he said that the further he goes back the more divergent the worldlines are, and if he went back to 0AD it would be rather likely he’d end up in some worldline where Jesus wasn’t even born.

Anyways, congrats are due to whoever this is for keeping it up for 5 months, but I don’t buy it.

http://www.anomalies.net/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum&f=9
http://www.anomalies.net/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=000040
http://www.spearweasel.com/rpg/twheel/darkfutr.htm - Titor’s story, written in 1996.

And phlip, I think that the ice caps aren’t just icebergs, they are structured differently so that most of the ice is above sealevel. I’m no expert, though.

See this is funny, because I talked to this guy through aim. He sent me diagrams of his time machine and manuals on how to run it. A while back I got the parts packaged and sent to me. I put the machine together in my garage. Im still reading through the manuals to figure out how to get it to run, but Im quite stumped for now. For some reason the particle generator wont start with out the polymethium, but the gravity container is all screwed up and Im not sure if I have the right tools to fix it. The DC output provides at a efficiency of 43% fde to the convertors efficiency of 96-98%. I don’t know though, im all confused. Another month and I think I might have it running though. I will keep everyone updated.

fraud or not - reading through this is really interesting… he got lots of good points about the western world. could be a great novel.

hum, interesting story

Dani

Does anyone know who the guy really is? Surely if he posted on the internet he would have a valid i.p address and then you could do a traceroute to see where he is or was. Has he gone back to the future already?

As for the icebergs melting and stuff, maybe this link helps out:

And maybe do some cool lighting effects like in the film “The Time Machine”.

Here’s a link about that with a clip of what it would look like to go into a singularity:
http://casa.colorado.edu/~ajsh/singularity.html
Now where do I find a black hole?

This link says that the guy couldn’t have made it to this point in time unless his machine was built now:

This page agrees about there being no paradoxes if we assume that every time-travel creates a new universe:

Oh yeah? Post the diagrams here then so we can all see how to build one.

Maybe the reason you can’t get it to run is because you need a flux capacitor and 21GWatts of electricity, lol. Also, you have to go 88mph exactly.

What do people think about the nature of time? Do you think that time is progressive but only instantaneous or a continuous stream that exists past, present and future and we are only aware of the present?

Hey I tryed! I guess im not as good as a liar as this john tittor(SP) guy :frowning: I dunno, but it would be fun to believe that time continuous stream that exists past, present and future and we are only aware of the present. But I don’t see how the idea if you traveled back into time you would create another universe. How would it be possible for a time machine, with you in it, traveling back in time to create a parrellel universe. Or is it already pre-existing? And if so how would you target the universe you are aiming for, and how do you know you wouldn’t end up in some random universe.

~ :Z ~

if time travel is posible i wouldent go see the future, i would raither go to the past and look what that realy happened with jesus.

Jesus is a fraud! Hahaha…im just kidding all you overly relegious people who want to bash my head in just about now. Who knows, he could have been someone from the future that had gone back to change time, and he had all these futuristic ways of saving people :smiley: And then they slung him on the cross and he paid for trying to change time!

if time traveling back was possible you could create this paradox:

you have a time machine bomb capable to destroy a whole building. you put it in a building and you wait half an hour. you send it back in time an hour and you let it explode. what would happen?

another one.

you are a scientist. you travel forward in time a month or two. you buy a copy of a scientific magazine. you travel back in time and you give the article to the magazine.

now you have an article nobody made and a technology that doesnt exist.

thats why you cant travel back in time.

Well traveling back in the past doesn’t make sense of course, and you have a good paradox proving that. But your scientist story of traveling in the future isn’t a paradox. All that means is that the scientist has a false article predicting the future. Thats the answer, its not a paradox.

Hey, if there is an engineer on this forum, they could build his time machiene and see if it works.

Random

OMG! Don’t you read! Im already building it.

See this is funny, because I talked to this guy through aim. He sent me diagrams of his time machine and manuals on how to run it. A while back I got the parts packaged and sent to me. I put the machine together in my garage. Im still reading through the manuals to figure out how to get it to run, but Im quite stumped for now. For some reason the particle generator wont start with out the polymethium, but the gravity container is all screwed up and Im not sure if I have the right tools to fix it. The DC output provides at a efficiency of 43% fde to the convertors efficiency of 96-98%. I don’t know though, im all confused. Another month and I think I might have it running though. I will keep everyone updated.

you are right. that one isnt clear.

[quote=“mifune”]if time traveling back was possible you could create this paradox:
you have a time machine bomb capable to destroy a whole building. you put it in a building and you wait half an hour. you send it back in time an hour and you let it explode. what would happen?/quote]
That’s a very known, fact… But it’s easily solved, you just imagine that when traveling in time you create a new timeline that is separted from the one you came from so the result of the above will not affect the timline where you placed the bomb.

Ahh, but you may be implying two theories. If Mifune’s theory does not envolve parrellel universes then the outcome would be as predicted. But with no data there is no experiment, so your theories stay theories :slight_smile:

if you could go into the future and see what heppens with you, What kind a life would that be??? knowing your destiny, and try to change it? can you change your desteny if you know what is your desteny(what is suposed to be your desteny…) i realy dont think time travel would do anny good in this world…

And i dont belive it is posible, how can it be posible? :expressionless:

Here’s an interesting link about time travel:

http://members.optushome.com.au/aussff/timetravel.html

What do people think of particles travelling through time?

http://www.npl.washington.edu/AV/altvw45.html

There was an experiment performed somewhere using photons and they supposedly measured some travelling faster than light. In essence arriving before they left.

Hasn’t anyonoe seen paycheck?? If we ever did invent a time machine and it got on the black market just think of what could happen.

I wont say anymore because I don’t want to ruin the movie for anyone. It is a great movie. You should see it if you havn’t.

I liked the plot for Paycheck but Ben Affleck put me off a bit. I just don’t think he’s a convincing actor, especially not in that film anyway. I didn’t really enjoy it all that much because of him.

Also, I don’t think that if a time machine could exist that it would be safe in anyone’s hands let alone the black market. Because of all the paradoxes, it would be very difficult to manipulate time in your favour. What would people here want to do with a time machine if it existed?

Some have said they would travel back to see if Jesus was for real, for example. BTW, what do people think of the suggestion that Jesus may have been an illusionist like David Copperfield? I’ve seen magicians on TV who appeared to turn water into wine.