Tools for curves

curveTools2-20150322-2.zip (20.5 KB)

The new layout is more compact and, hopefully, more overseeable (yet still understandable):

Other minor changes:
. the displayed number of selected curves is now correct
. setting the origin of the curve to the start of the curve now operates on all (1 or more) selected curves
. some general code cleanup

Haha, i wanted ask you whether you could improve the UI, but because of respectness i didnt ask :slight_smile:
Thank you, it looks much more intuitive now:eek:

Thanks, tungee, I’m glad you like it.

And don’t worry about ‘respectness’ too much; if anyone has any suggestions on how to improve this addon, then please speak up! :slight_smile:

Thanky you Guy!
Im testing it and enjoy it.
First question: Can i make a loft with 3 splines?

No, unfortunately not, ATM.
You could make 2 lofts, one with curves1/2, and one with curves2/3.
Multi-curved-generation is on my todo-list, somewhere, IIRC…

Hi Guy Lateur,

For your try:
Here is the link of the RC2 2.74 avalable today:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.74

does the fist pot has the latest version ?

I got a single py script from your site

guessing this is not the latest version either!

how do you install the latest version ?

thanks
happy bl

Thanks!
I got it to install.
Thank you for your good work on this.

hello, i try to use curve tool 2 but i have problems.

there are tutorials that teach how to use the curves tool 2?

where one can learn the basics to make effective use this tool?

thankyou

hello
I try to use the tool of the curve, but

i have some problem becouse i dont know the strument.

There are tutorials that teach how to use the two curves?

where one can learn the basics to make effective use of this tool?

[QUOTE=1cromos;2858909]…how to use the curves tool 2…/QUOTE]

Here are some links inside the thread

SWEEP
http://www.blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?221213-Tools-for-curves&p=2534269&viewfull=1#post2534269

BIRAIL
http://www.blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?221213-Tools-for-curves&p=2806066&viewfull=1#post2806066

SweepAndMorp
http://www.blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?221213-Tools-for-curves&p=2839281&viewfull=1#post2839281

REVOLVER
http://www.blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?221213-Tools-for-curves&p=2839847&viewfull=1#post2839847

tankyou per la risposta,

if is possible to have example step by step

for to study the curve tool

it would be it would be a something pleasing

Hi all,

I’m very happy to announce that my curve nodes are now part of the official Animation Nodes master. So just grab the latest version of AN from it’s github page, and the curve nodes should be available without any further manual installation. Here’s a blend file to play with: curveNodes-20150503.blend (1.16 MB)

Unfortunately, this also means I will no longer be maintaining this Curve Tools 2 addon in its current (non-node-based) form. Well, it’s not that unfortunate, really, because we have regained ‘driven’ support, which we all have been wanting very much for a long time. I might even have a go at (re-)supporting nurbs curves, some day… :eyebrowlift:

Hi guy lateur,
I have this traceback with Blender 2.75

/usr/share/blender/2.75/scripts/addons_contrib/curve_tools/CurveIntersections.py:542: SyntaxWarning: name 'algoPOV' is assigned to before global declaration
  global algoPOV

My Blender is:
version 2.75 (sub 0), branch b’master’, commit date b’2015-06-10’ b’15:39’, hash b’bff8b5d’, b’RelWithDebInfo’
build date: b’2015-06-21’, b’16:08:18’
platform: b’Linux’
platform: ‘Linux Mint rebecca 17.1’
proc: Bi-quad Q9600 2.66 Ghz,
Nvidia graphic card GT 630 Vram 4Go.

Ho i can trim, make boolean operations with nurbs?
thanks

great job, well done & congrats.
should we remove curve tools from contrib?

Yes, that’s probably a good idea, because there seem to be some issues with it when using the latest versions of blender, and I will not be updating this addon anymore.

Of course, I’m not the original author, that’s Mackraken, so you may want to check with him first on this, too.

Ye im ok too, ill let you know if i fix it.

Hi to mackraken and Guy Lateur,

here my last traceback with Blender:version 2.76 (sub 0), branch b’master’, commit date b’2015-09-30’ b’16:05’, hash b’fb78f6d’, b’RelWithDebInfo’build date: b’2015-10-02’, b’18:23:40’
platform: b’Linux’
binary path: ‘/usr/lib/blender/blender’
build cflags: b’ -Wall -Wcast-align -Werror=declaration-after-statement -Werror=implicit-function-declaration -Werror=return-type -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wno-char-subscripts -Wno-unknown-pragmas -Wpointer-arith -Wunused-parameter -Wwrite-strings -Wlogical-op -Wundef -Winit-self -Wnonnull -Wmissing-include-dirs -Wno-div-by-zero -Wtype-limits -Wuninitialized -Wredundant-decls -Wno-error=unused-but-set-variable -fuse-ld=gold -fopenmp -msse2 -msse -pipe -fPIC -funsigned-char -fno-strict-aliasing’
build cxxflags: b’ -Wredundant-decls -Wall -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wno-sign-compare -Wlogical-op -Winit-self -Wmissing-include-dirs -Wno-div-by-zero -Wtype-limits -Werror=return-type -Werror=declaration-after-statement -Werror=implicit-function-declaration -Wno-char-subscripts -Wno-unknown-pragmas -Wpointer-arith -Wunused-parameter -Wwrite-strings -Wundef -Wuninitialized -Wundef -Wmissing-declarations -fuse-ld=gold -fopenmp -msse2 -msse -pipe -fPIC -funsigned-char -fno-strict-aliasing’
build linkflags: b" -Wl,–version-script=’/build/blender-SQWaU8/blender-2.76~rc3~1443629113/source/creator/blender.map’"
build system: b’CMake’
Python: version: 3.4.3 (default, Jul 28 2015, 18:24:08) [GCC 4.8.4]

TRACEBACK:

/usr/share/blender/2.76/scripts/addons_contrib/curve_tools/CurveIntersections.py:536: SyntaxWarning: name 'algoDIR' is assigned to before global declaration
  global algoDIR
/usr/share/blender/2.76/scripts/addons_contrib/curve_tools/CurveIntersections.py:542: SyntaxWarning: name 'algoPOV' is assigned to before global declaration
  global algoPOV

Good Luck to you!

How do I install curve tools 2? I just put the scripts in the following folder up they don’t show up in the Blender preferences.
C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.70\scripts\addons