Tools for curves

Got it now, I don’t know what was wrong but I do see a warning icon that says it’s a work in progress.

I’m getting a twisted/incomplete surface, where should I set the point of origin for each curve in a 3 curve birail?

It’s not working.

First it said “One or more addons do not have UTF-8 encoding” and did not appear at all in toolbar.
Then I copied folder with all the files manually in addons folder and it got detected. Interface is available in toolbar, but it’s not working well… don’t know what the problem is, but it gives some really weird and unpredictable results.

I’m on Mac, Blender 2.76b.

Oh… ok, thanks.

Someone out there who want to fix Birail and Morph for 2.77 ???
We need more Stuff for Curve like this…

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\-\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.77\scripts\addons\curveTools2\Operators.py", line 353, in execute
    sweptAndMorphedSurface = Surfaces.SweptAndMorphedSurface.FromSelection()
AttributeError: module 'curveTools2.Surfaces' has no attribute 'SweptAndMorphedSurface'

Hi, I’m Paulo Patrocinio.
I used Curve Tool on Blender 2.59 but it not works on Blender 2.77 today, and I can’t make it works in Blender 2.59 again.
Today I tested version 1.0 Mckraken in Blender 2.72b and worked perfectly soon after installed, but after close and open the file again, sometimes it works, sometimes not.
When the addon stops working, the only way I got to make the addon works again is: uninstall the addon, uninstall Blender 2.72 and install them again.
I tested the versions curveTools2 of Mackraken and Guy Lateur, and Version 1.5 of Alfonso Sierra, but I can’t make them work in blender 2.72 or 2.77
Could someone help please?
I find this very useful tool because it allows you to draw main lines and, from them, make unions of the lines creating surfaces.
Is possible rewrite the addon to run in new blender versions?
Best regards,
Paulo Patrocínio

Sorry for the inconvenience, but this tool is not maintained anymore.

Hy Guy Lateur, and members !

Although the tool is no longer maintained.
I wonder where I could learn more about it, because I find this very useful tool.
I run this tool actualy in Blender 2.70a and its runs perfectly.
I would also like to know if there is a tool that replaces it, because so far not found any with the same features.
Curve Tools crashed because of the change in Python language?
What I need to know to rewrite it?
Best Regards,
Paul Patrocinio

Too bad!
I prefer directly useable tools in the 3d view!
Thanks anyway, we can use older blend version for it!
Maybe someone in the endles widenesses… :slight_smile:

I am using Blender 2.77. Downloaded curveTools2-20150115.zip from above download link.
when I try to load in Blender prefs Add-ons NOTHING HAPPENS. Please tell me what to do to load this add-on
Tried loading from folder which contains 9 .py files also tried loading from a zip file same result = nothing happens

hi, thanks to batFINGER for the awesome curve loft & auto loft feature.
https://github.com/meta-androcto/downloads/blob/master/curve_tools.zip
enjoy

Hy Meta-Androcto,
cool that you have time for updating some neglects addons.
Thx!

another update, added simple primitive, divide/bevel, curve outline

Congratulations Meta-Androcto,
Blender need someone like you who interest to curves!
Good luck.
Spirou4D

some pics of fun with curve tools 2:
Curve fillet with Curve Outline:

Curve Outline, press Separate & Auto Loft:

Some Fun:

hi,

on last version https://builder.blender.org/download/blender-2.78-c2d7d47-win64.zip I get this message every time I start blender

"Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\User\Downloads\blender\2.78\scripts\addons_contrib\curve_tools\add_curve_simple.py”, line 1298, in poll
if context.object.Simple == True:
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘Simple’

You are sure: File “C:\Users\User\Downloads\blender\2.78\scripts\addo ns_contrib\curve_tools\add_curve_simple.py”, line 1298, in poll

Your folder is = addo ns_contrib or addons_contrib ?

EDIT 2: You are sure -> add_curve_simple.py ?
The last release don’t have this file?

Look for the version of your curve_tools addon, please? Mine is : “Curve Tools 2”
“version”: (0, 2, 0),
“blender”: (2, 71, 0),

Here is the list: http://storage8.static.itmages.com/i/16/0919/h_1474276461_7660583_26e74eaafa.jpeg

sorry for mismatch, folder is addons_contrib

my version is same as yours, but in my my folder I’ve also
add_curve_simple.py
auto_loft.py
curve_outline.py

same files you can find from https://github.com/meta-androcto/downloads/blob/master/curve_tools.zip

Ha Ok you use the dev release so.
I verified the 1298 line: nothing now!

So the release have changed now: Try to re-download a new one, please, and try again.

You’re right, I’ve downloaded again the addon and it works with no warning message :slight_smile: