toon shader overweight boss

That’s what some people said about Doctor Robotink.

Ha ha ha! Love this guy.

The dancing animation is great!

Add some movement to the stomach maybe, but thats the only thing I can think of, still this is fantastic work.

true, a lot of peoples have suggest to add some “dynamic rig” to this guy, like a bouncing stomach, tie. I have read through some tutorial about softbody spline IK briefly, and test with the tie. But I am not sure how to rig it so the tie mesh will collide with the stomach.

Will do some reading again soon, I still have lots of assets to model, as I am planning to do a short animation with this guy.

Well, he does look too friendly to be a boss, but I’ve had friendly bosses before. That running animation was the best thing I’ve ever seen ever. I would watch this guy’s office adventures. I’d watch them repeatedly.

aha, thanks. I guess I wasnt that bad in animation.

Last few days, I had been looking into some other experience Blender3D user’s model. the way they setup rig is way more easier for animation. I am trying to apply it to my model, but so far I am still in the process of finding out how they do it.

here’s a minor progress. a truck for this project.

turnable

nice truck :slight_smile:
what’s written on it … I can only read “sabisu” means this “service”?

delivery service/courier service :slight_smile:

made a little bit more progress, minor update on the boss rig and I manage to finish up another assets for this project. a cat

kawaii neko-chan desu! suki desu!

Great !!!

The cat, kawaiii!!!

I love at the end of the movie in post 20 that the guy moves the head like he is doing on the coffee cup with the hand.
Beautiful renders.

This looks fantastic, and those animations are hilarious. The only thing that seems a little bit off is that when walking/doing his funky kung-fu moves he seems to hold his hands very stiffly. Also when jumping and the tie is folding up it is fairly obvious where the bone joints are. If you don’t want to go full softbody on the tie I think you should at least subdivide its skeleton a bit more to give it slightly more fluid motion.

thanks for the comments guys. :slight_smile:

Paul J
I guess I will subdivide the bone for the tie, as I am not really familiar with softbody yet.

maybe this tutorial i made can help you with the softbody simulation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHWflWRkYo0

thanks for the link. will see what I can do :slight_smile:

Was playing with some of the 3d assets that I had model and here is the result. :smiley:

Wonderful, great new movie with the big cat!

偉大な猫ですね。好きです!たのしです。

That’s a big cat. Love it! It’s so much fun :slight_smile:

Hi McLelun,

This is such a fantastic thread.
Love your work and style.

In fact I was working on similar look for a long time with Hash Animation:Master.
See here: http://www.marinavonsee.de

Now trying to switch to C4D, but the community here seems to be much more vivid and creative
in the chara animation field.

Looking forward to follow your progress

all the best

Jake

very nice though when the cat is running and jumping it should be more stretched out. I like the guy!

Thanks for showing. Great work.