Torn Desire

Hi everyone !

First real post here, hope you will like it :slight_smile:

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/3205/rose7rp.jpg

Entirely done and rendered with blender 2.42RC2, depth of field done with the brand new nodes (screenshot, i’m not yet very familiar with this thing…),

suggestions & critics are welcome :slight_smile:

thats a beautiful picture

Bob

That’s an impresive work, the materials and overall feeling is fantastic, congrats. I just hope you don’t feel like that image :stuck_out_tongue:

btw Blender’s UI can look good or what? :cool:

That is wicked sweet!
I love the materials.

That’s looking great!

That’s one sweet render! Is the material procederal?
The only comment I can make is that the background seems slightly at odds with subject.

Really nice work, dude !
The materials are impressive.

Something for the gallery :wink:

Incredibly good. What lights have you used?

thanks for all the nice comments :slight_smile:

Incredibly good. What lights have you used?

Actually, the scene is lit with an HDR probe, but there are about five or six lamps all around de scene (dont remember exatly, I dont have access to the scene right now).
The main lamp is an Area, lighting the model from the left, and the rest are simple lamps sending different colors.

Is the material procederal?
The only comment I can make is that the background seems slightly at odds with subject.

Materials are not procedural… actually I never really came to obtain good things with procedural :frowning:
And you are right about the background., it bothers me a little too… perhaps I should have worked a little more on this, instead of just pasting this bg image… but you know sometimes you just want to finish your artwork :slight_smile:

Wow, incredible work teyrak! Welcome to Elysiun ehm Blenderartists by the way :D. Hope to see more work of you soon. This is inspiring good. I hope you’l post it to Blender official’s gallery, it’l increase the overall quality of that gallery! The blood on the right leafe is incredible! Is it done with the fluid system? Guess so.

***** (5 stars) from me :slight_smile:

Btw, I like the background. :slight_smile:

Cool. :slight_smile:

Materials and modelling are well done. Most of the blood, except a little bit on the stem looks good. The bits on the stem look a bit thick and un-blood-like.

Aligorith

Most of the blood, except a little bit on the stem looks good. The bits on the stem look a bit thick and un-blood-like.

The problem with this, is that we don’t really know what a realistic haemorrhage is (well, at least I don’t :rolleyes: ), so you have to guess how il would really be… I think in this particular case, a material a little thick and dark is quite good, and I’m satisfied with that blood effect, so far :slight_smile:

The blood on the right leafe is incredible! Is it done with the fluid system? Guess so.

No :slight_smile:
actually, I just converted the flower’s subsurf into a mesh, picked some vertice, put them into another mesh, extruded, and after a little tuning it was done :slight_smile:
Quite quick, and very efficient because the blood perfectly fits with the flower’s mesh without any effort :wink:

Amazing… thats all i can say

Amazing work, but the blood on the leaf looks too transparent, and maybe just a little bit too light

Looks photo-real!:eek::slight_smile:

Great! I kept scanning up to look at the rose again, that to me is a sign of good work.

Brilliant. Materials look really amazing.

Just beautiful

Fantastic Work! Nice modeling and the materials are stellar!

Wanted Bob