Transience of Memory

Hello,

This is a personal project created mostly to get back to creating a large 3D environment again. It’s been a while, and it was quite fun re-discovering the challenge of making this sort of image. Initially one of the main reasons for making this was to test the new assets for the Graswald addon, but it also makes use of: The Grove, Scatter, and the Rock Essentials addons.
Any comments and questions are very welcome; and if you’re interested you can also find a simple video breakdown of the compositing process here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9JqL30ETvI

ArtStation Link: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/aGd949

73 Likes

:+1:
congrats.

1 Like

I’m impressed. I love that sort of image. The detail is entrancing. Well done. Ironically, it is very memorable.

1 Like

haha thanks :slight_smile:

Stunning ! Congrats

1 Like

This is incredible! Im new to modeling and Im just discovering what can be done with this program, and Im astounded. Congrats!

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Holy kamoley! Awesome!
Just don’t get the over sized chair, on the bottom right…

2 Likes

Thank you Bart :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks :slight_smile: And thanks for the feedback. I’ve made a slight adjustment to the main image on Artstation which hopefully mitigates the issue slightly. Technically the chair is the right size (in 3D), but someone else mentioned the same thing, so it seems that the perspective is causing some distortion to the scale read.

Stunning scene and crazy amount of details!!!

1 Like

Did you also create all the characters for this scene, i read you wanted to get back into environment creation

1 Like

Thanks, yes I did create the characters here. I struggle with characters in general, so in the last couple of environments I’ve made I’ve tried to incorporate some small figures as a way to practice making them.

1 Like

Mastering the composition seems to be what differentiate professionals from the others.
It seems so powerful that most materials do not need too much work any more.

I like this understanding of the light and hope that we could apply/bake these post-renderings inside the materials.

If you have an advice about how to improve the visual aspect of this model https://www.z-anatomy.com/, they are welcome

1 Like

Pretty cool! Doing also character work makes it much more work. I really dig the lighting. I’ve we compare that to the simple mesh render, er der how much good lighting does in a render.

1 Like

What a trully fantastic scene
Glad to see our plugin was useful. If you have questions or suggestions don’t hesitate to reach us! :grinning:

1 Like

this is great. Were there any photos in there or was it 3d models that you kept rendering in various views and compositing? Thanks so much for sharing !

Insane work, I see this already on Atrstation. No words. Hope you will use this models for more renders… it’s shame to use it only once.

This is a beautiful environment. I really like the lighting and composition and how did you achieve this painted look in this render?