Trooper

This is a fun Sci-Fi project. I´ve always wanted to create such a helmet and decided to do so! Lotsa fun practicing hard surface modeling.

59 Likes

Glad you enjoyed it.

Maybe we could all enjoy it, if only we could see it.

I am sure it was fantastic though. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

LOL!

Unless of course its one of the Predator masks with its invisibility shield active??

Looool
Sorry mate I had problems to upload the pics and could not either delete the thread. Had sent a message to Bart who told me how to solve the problem and there it is :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I hope you like the pics :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looool
Sorry mate, now it is solved :slight_smile: Had problems uploading the pics
I hope you like them :slight_smile:

1 Like

this is really amazing !!!

Thanks mate :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Amazing modeling, and lighting!!!

Any tips for hard surface that you learned, that you wouldn’t mind sharing?

Awesome stuff

Well at least I was correct.

It is fantastic.

It was worth the wait. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The way to work is always very individual. I think to make some sense and answer to your question I might need to brief you a bit about my (very simple) workflow if you know what I mean :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I always get those pics in my head telling me how things could look like and be shaped. Lotsa thinking about the blocking and how to organize the mesh. From that point I usually do some quick drawings, not too fancy ones but just enough to concretize what I´ve visualized in my head. When I´m done with that and depending on the project, I might even do some refinements.

I always put myself in a position in which it becomes very easy to create the details if you know what I mean. Now as opposed to what many people would think, I do not use so much to give you an example operations like boolean or use fancy “quick” tools to create details (maybe I should…hmmm!). I instead really enjoy creating the detailing by myself using more conventional methods like for instance intruding, extruding, inset and such…! Call me old fashion but it really works for me. More over, it forces me to think more extensively about the construction of the models and how it will look like when I am done.

What I have learned through the years is to have a great plan over what you gonna create. It start there really!. Also means that you really have somehow visualized how the model will look like in its final stage. Now when working on the models, you´ll probably come up with new assets that could be added to them and that weren´t planned from the beginning. This is almost inevitable loooool.

Even tho detailing has to be some sort of “mechanically correct”. I mean by that, that detailing has to make som sense, compatible with each others.

Euh, I find the use of looptool extremely handy. I consider that tool for being one the best ones Blender has to offer. Its flatten, bridge and circle options are just amazing. I really cannot do without it.
To create bevels which I often do all over my models, I mostly use the bevel modifier on different vertex groups which permits me to affect the very same model piece with different values. Now if I know I will not need to alter the values I might use instead Ctrl B and make the bevel permanent. I also use a lot propotional editing and snap tool.

That is it really the way I work! Nothing fancy or revolutionary! You must be desapointed :slight_smile: :slight_smile: I focus more on making the model appealing and sort of mechanically correct instead of spending lotsa time learning all those new tools. Works for me and I often and up creating quite nice things, I think.

I have always felt that it is not necessary to use fancy stuff to create great things. But what I feel does not need to be the way you would about it. Like I mentioned earlier worlflow are very individual. The most important is that you become expert at your way of doing things :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Oh btw I have used fast carve and quite liked it :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Have you tried it?

4 Likes

I have! It’s pretty awesome. Thanks so much for sharing, that’s super inspiring! Awesome stuff

Thanks mate :slight_smile: I really appreciate it :slight_smile:

I featured you on BlenderNation, enjoy :slight_smile:

Ahhhh nice :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Thanks Bart!

1 Like

You’re #featured :+1:

excellent stuff. Theres alot to take in from it. Well done

Fantastic. Love it!

Thanks masterxeon1001 :slight_smile: It means a lot coming from you! You are the robot expert :slight_smile:

Awesome :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Thanks man :slight_smile: I really appreciate it!