Unreal 5

Looks really good! Although I was hoping she’d knock over a statue or something. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That fixed camera lamp is so annoying. It makes the charachter look so off, not blended with the scene

1 Like

I wonder if the systems works out of the box or there are specialized setups that need to be made. I haven’t tried it yet to be sure.

Though in the demo the light looked really dynamic. I wonder though if it was quite “hacked”, such as placing dozens of lights along the path and interpolate the values between the closest ones to the character.

Not sure what you mean. In the demo from epic everything looks great, in the one with the girl-in-da-house a lamp is parented to the camera, as a flashlight. Works good to make us see the shininess of the hair, but it destroys the purpose of seeing how the dynamic light acts on the character

1 Like

I don’t follow the tech news on this, but if it’s just better graphics then yeah, I agree, it sounds like technological fashion parade.

I’m sure I’d get more excited if I could afford the latest and greatest, but I’m content with whatever my 10 year old gaming PC can handle so long at the game itself is fun.

Possibly the first game built from ground up with 100% realtime GI in UE5?

(Btw, even UE4 now has a built-in path tracer… we want to get rid of Keyshot at work and currently it’s a toss-up between Blender and Unreal… but Unreal so far has more and better options for photo real clouds and oceans and also a very good CAD import…)

1 Like

That game looks fun as hell.

Very impressive