UPBGE 0.2.5b release!

Confirmed in 2.25. I can add 16 High Poly Cubes (186000 Faces each) and a stable Framerate at 60 fps. Adding a 17th Cube, the fps drop to 30, GPU Latency rise from 5% to 50%, and the Mouse Sensor stop working.

(Ryzen 5; Radeon RX 590)

FrameDrop

Edit …
Murilo_Hilas Tip to disable the ‘Use Frame Rate’ Option also confirmed. But with the same Frame Drop Effect.

@Valeks @Doc_Holiday Could you test this build https://mega.nz/file/RpMGwI5S#vqEowh_LEBJAuslqfj9h22LqQaxSaerO-7WvMIp4tso?
It has fixes for mouse actuator and also v-sync (60fps was forced even when was unchecked)

1 Like

Thank You! That seems to fix it. The Mouse Sensor works, even on lower fps now. Great.
I noticed that the fps decreases stepwise. From 60, 30, 20, 15. Is this a regular Behavior?

But i have Display issues now. Blender no more working at the Display Resolution. Text on Buttons and everything looks smooth. Blender Windows open outside of the Desktop and have strange Effect when resizing.

Now the mouse actuator continues to move as if by inertia

1 Like

I know, There was to check something. Thanks!!

is this related to this build or in the official build you have the same display issues?

No, only this 2.25a “Mouse Fix” Build.

1 Like

Thank you for your quick response. And also for all your work )

yes hello uh i’m having trouble with animations here
the gif in the middle shows a viewbobbing animation in one scene, and the gif at the very bottom shows that same animation in another scene.
as you can see, it doesn’t work properly.
the top gif shows how that same animation looks in 3rd person within that same scene.
please help.

cunt shit fuck

this mouse bug is a old one…
stops working at high graphics / sampling / resolution.

Hope the developers keep a eye on it. Definetively needs atention!

I got around this by learning the various tricks to optimize the game.
but i still hit a wall at high resolution.

my animations also get weird. i guess somebody will ask for a .blend for better help. :expressionless:
good look.

Here is a new revision of 0.2.5 with Mouse actuator and depth transparency fixes
https://mega.nz/file/10MggYBb#jJAi39b9_FZPV1xOOI5bsjyMrChMXKzUGBjQZc8GZxE
I will do a couple fixes more and I will release an 0.2.5a

4 Likes

Cool, thank you. :+1:
I just want to let you know, the Display Problem still exists with that Build. I remember, i have the Text scaling of Win10 on 125%. Everything is fine if i decrease it to 100%. The Regular 1.25 but works also on 125%. I hope this helps to solve it.

btw. What would You think to change Property Layout like this?: https://vimeo.com/171036399 at 6:12
Just for a little more Overview. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the feedback. The display issue i think is due to i was doing several tests and i didn’t realize that i was compiling WITH_GHOST_SDL. In this new build i’m using normal GHOST library. Additionally, this build includes a fix for export runtime and component color (rgba). https://mega.nz/file/Y5dGzKiC#G2krbN024-1qCxCD4akUAV8RDywP5mjxz7v_Gea-dhw
With respect, to the property layout i would see if is problematic to implement but i would prefer to leave out of this release to not introduce more bugs (anyway i will check).

2 Likes

It works great now, thank you. :heart_eyes:

You will see, the Property Layout Modification is not a big Thing. Just some changes in the space_logic.py Script. Everybody can do it by himself, if he like. Because i think, the regular Prop Layout is a big waste of Screen-Space.

btw. The “Edit Source” Option, when right click on a GUI Object is no more available. Not a Problem, but maybe it’s Hint for other Things.

1 Like

Ok, I don’t like to do this in a fix relase but I don’t want that so much code/work to be lost as this is possibly the last release of 0.2.X series.
Therefore, I have included 3 new shaders (Burley BSDF and Lambert Custom BSDF for diffuse and Optimized GGX BSDF for specular). Also, there is a new check under Shading panel for “energy conservation”.
2 new sliders have been included under texture influence panel (roughness and metallic). And all this is also reflected under node editor in material shader.
Basically it is a semi-PBR system.

Then, please, could you test it a lot?. I don’t want that all this crash in the 0.2.5a release (I don’t think so as it was tested but you never know)

Here is the new build: https://mega.nz/file/lhMBCQqB#fQBJopUgRAlOUZY2xaqMMcJQWJJHTNgS2B7My2O03lE

A few images to show all:

7 Likes

:heart: :heart: thank you this is amazing.
i can run at full screen with ‘use frame rate’ checked and the mouse obays!!!

the new shaders didn’t crash until now.

btw: why are the generated textures not directily acescible trough the texture panel without having to use nodes?

Great work.

1 Like

I think that you can use it directly without nodes, I put a pair of sliders (metallic and Roughness under PBR label) in the Texture influence panel to avoid using nodes. What are you referring exactly? (my knowlegde about Blender itself as user is not as high as it should be).

The reason to be more focused in nodes is due to high amount of request of users that want a pipeline similar to other tools in the industry.

1 Like

any chance of improving transparency depth testing? it seems to be based on object origin sorting rather than each pixel z depth coordinate.

test file
transparency sorting.blend (388.0 KB)

bug:

• in upbge 0.2.0 (and 0.2.5 r6) the color changes based on camera angle
  • alpha sort makes no difference

desired result:

• color should not change
1 Like

I will check it. Thanks for the feedback

1 Like

i mean the procedural patterns textures under ‘type’
only ‘enviroment Map’ and ‘Image or Movie’ seems to work,