UPBGE (FINALLY) in Blender 2.80 - Wishlist ! (The future of blender's Game Engine)

You know, for me the new release kinda break my game. The logic nodes addon doesn’t work with the new environment. You can find it here in blender artists, I gave a recent reply on it.
So until I learn 2 years of python or someone else who is interested does it, I will keep using the other version.
I really wanted to get Eevee on the project.

1 Like

EEVEE still needs more work !!!
even im waiting for more updates before i can start making DEFINITIVE EDITIONS of my 2 Projects!

Fred/K.S

do upbge-eevee eats lot of CPU/GPU ? Fred, since you have both (i don’t have upbge eevee) could you make the same demo running exactely same game logic and make a side by side video of the results ? So rather than playing game, you make a script drive the game so you reproduce same result. I really want to know what is the graphical gain with UPBGE-eevee compared to BGE and what is the fps cost of that.

to make this :
-screen capture (every 2 frame is ok) . Viewport camera on 960x1080
-debug propriety on
-use ffmpeg (can give you ffmpeg commands) to convert screen captures into video.
-use ffmpeg to put the 2 videos side by side to make it 1920x1080

• host video

*recommand ffmpeg but can use other solution.

1 Like

Alright Will try something!

Fred/K.S

thx. My goal is to have this running at 60fps on a I5 without external gpu.

4 Likes

NOW WE’RE able to RENDER EEVEE Games, now the Exporter has been created early this month of September !!!

Fred/K.S

1 Like

Hi, sorry, I’m new to all this - what is this UPBGE exactly? And where can I GET it? - it looks really exciting! :slight_smile: (I’m on a 64 bit Ubuntu Linux-ish system…)

Does it export to browser??

1 Like

unfortunately no u can hop over to my thread to download a windows build its the most stable version that works for my project there is a linux build too !!!

Here buddy

Fred/K.S

1 Like

uchoria project blender game engine.
BGE on steroids :slight_smile:

it’s just bge with added functions and bug fixes

1 Like

Highly True!

it’s just bge with added functions and bug fixes

• And insanely well made Optimizations !!!

Fred/K.S

Wheres UPBGE?
Win64? Linux64? Mac?
What is the latest version?
Where to download? upbge.org? mega.nz? googledrive?

Please help me…

1 Like

@mziskandar The latest Version is not an official public release yet!

Mega.nz on the UPBGE Website will give u only up to 0.4.0
so yeah if u like the old builds u can hop over to my thread n get a link i shared from my Google Drive !!

Un-Official Release of the latest UPBGE - EEVEE Blender 2.8 Branch !!!

Fred/K.S

1 Like

@mziskandar - updates are posted here* at the moment.

we are in pre-alpha and upbge 0.3.0 will drop sometime in the next year I assume.

2 Likes

WWWWOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:scream: :scream: :scream:
Damn UPBGE 3.0
IS IT GOING TO BE COMPLETELY NEXT GEN?

FRED/K.S

yes UPBGE Eevee build is “DA SHIZIL”

realtime fan logo screen
UPBGE

I’m rebuilding my Creep game realtime screen

4 Likes

Wwwooooooaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh that’s deep my friend freaking awesome work there @hanzo :smiley:

Fred/K.S

1 Like

Fred’s build is faster than master.
…but I can’t make addon to work and not able to right select.

1 Like

Unfortunately the way the build was compiled kinda broke the addon manager so adding addon’s won’t work properly but the build is freaking fast and smooth workflow it can handle large and vast worlds as I’ve shown previously and its the same build I’m using for showcasing upcoming Eevee content for SR AWNW2

Fred/K.S

1 Like

There are bugs, but atleast we can build games in 2.8 now. Long live UPBGE :slight_smile:

1 Like

this has all addons

4 Likes