UPBGE shooter

Very good the artistic direction of the game. As for detailing, I think it looks good and I think it’s a differential at this time where people are looking for photorealism.

Animations and art look awesome indeed!

Small comment on the sight: Usually, red-dots or scopes like you have on the weapon don’t have the crosshair directly on it, but rather make it appear as if it was printed on the background.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmgeCqpw3nc
It is basically an optical illusion.

I have seen games where the crosshair was the way you have it now, and it was as pain to use because the sights would go misaligned with the barrel :stuck_out_tongue:

Just a bit of feedback.

thanks for the feedback, I actually wanted to do the red-dot like that but was spending too much time trying to figure it out. So I decided to leave it for now till I get the main things worked out in the gameplay.

Yeah, most people now like games for the realistic graphics. So I wanted to see if I could make something where people don’t even notice the graphics because they either like the unique look, or the gameplay itself.

3 Likes

Looks super neat! Will keep an eye on this project :slight_smile:

Thanks man, hopefully I will actually finish this one unlike my other ones.
I should have this prototype worked out enough in about a month to hopefully let everyone test it out.

1 Like

Gotta love logic!

1 Like

I Think i do remember this HD from a BGMC Game im pretty sure you were the one who created it. its still a nice shooter BTW congrats!

:yum::+1:

Fred/K.S

yeah, that was probably me. I’m still working on it, this one is just a placeholder to give it a better look till I remake it.
I have to make one that isnt a copy of halo 3’s lol

1 Like

Hi @painki11er is there anywhere we can download the game to try out what you’ve done so far? Thanks

Not yet, I’ve only been working on what u see in the pic and vid for a week. but hopefully within the next few weeks I’ll have enough put together to release a demo of it.

1 Like

OK no worries. Don’t feel obliged to get something out for us to see.

I was also wondering if you have had a look at any other game engines like Unity or Godot etc.?

I’ve attempted to learn ue4 and unity before, but I always end up coming back to bge cause It’s what I know.
But both ue4 and unity I would “like” to learn at some point.

1 Like

Sorry I only just saw this, lol.:upside_down_face:

It’s cool, no worries.
btw, I will most likely put up another vid tonight of my progress. I’m about to hook up this weapon, so we’ll see how that goes.

1 Like
1 Like

2 Likes

Game’s looking good. I like the art style.
Just curious, were you planning on it being single player, multiplayer or both?

Single player for now