UPBGE Templates! (First Person, Top Down, etc)

game

(Uniday Studio) #1

Hi guys! I’m here to present to you a small First Person Template, made to be fast, simple and efficient. This template was created to help Blender Game Engine (UPBGE) users to create games or any kind of interactive thing that request a First Person Controller. Easy to use, easy to attach to your project.

To use, just download the .blend file, open it on UPBGE (version 0.2.3 recommended) and you’re done! If you want to use this template in your projects (and yes, you can, even for commercial projects. Just credit me for this.), you can simple select the Capsule Object + Camera, press Ctrl+C, open your project and press Ctrl+V. It will work. :slight_smile:

First Person Controller:

Edit:

I’m actually writing more templates. So I’ll reuse this topic to share with you guys! :slight_smile:

Today I made some template components to help who is creating top down/point and click games.
It’s very simple to Use.I made a component for the camera drag, mouse click and object chaser.

Top Down Controller:

Created by Guilherme Teres Nunes
Access my youtube channel: youtube.com/UnidayStudio

UPBGE 0.2.4 Python Components Demo
(wkk.py) #2

Am on phone so I couldn’t test, but why use a picture from BF1 ?

(Uniday Studio) #3

Just to illustrate, because BF1 is a known first person game. :slight_smile:

(wkk.py) #4

Wouldn’t this picture be better ?

(Uniday Studio) #5

I’m actually writing more templates. So I’ll reuse this topic to share with you guys! :slight_smile:

Today I made some template components to help who is creating top down/point and click games.
It’s very simple to Use.I made a component for the camera drag, mouse click and object chaser.
You can find some documentation about it on the github page. :slight_smile:

Top Down Controller:

(kengi) #6

Lol, seriously why use battelfield 1 picture, it’s look like you have try to do like my fps template but it’s really not that, show your work.

(Ace Dragon) #8

If you use those images to advertise UPBGE resources, you could get into serious trouble with users as it will be seen as false advertising (people will think that it will be the content they get when they download the templates).

In addition, there could be a secondary issue in such imagery being used to inflate the realistic potential of UPBGE (tricking people into thinking it is a true AAA engine on par with Unreal).

(Uniday Studio) #9

I’m creating another templates!

And now, I’m accepting suggestions on what other templates you guys will enjoy to have.
So you can tell me by simple replying here or there:

Thanks! :slight_smile:

(Uniday Studio) #10

Note:

Guys, I don’t understand why you’re getting so mad. I’m spending my time tying to create easy utils templates to help the Blender Game Engine community for free. :confused: I wanted to create a cool thumbnail for the work to represent that this could be used to create FPS, etc. But I understand your point. I’ll take this in consideration next time. Also, the second thumbnail (Top Down Template) is from a tutorial that I made in my channel. Using UPBGE. :slight_smile:

My intention with this templates isn’t create a very focused thing, that just works in certain circunstances, but something that everyone can “drag, drop and use” in every project, every circunstance (that why I didn’t created a FPS template, but a simple First Person). The main idea is really create scripts that you just have to attach in your project (no matter what project) and make this works with almost no adjust. What this means? It means that I’ll NOT create any graphic things, such as textures, 3D models, animations, etc. So I’ll never be able to show the template in a screenshot that is self explanatory without using other things (trust me, no screenshots or a screenshot showing code isn’t so exciting). If you want, of course, you can create something cool with this templates and sent to me a screenshot, so I can use as a thumbnail (and credit you, of course). That’s the power of the open source things. :slight_smile:

If not, since you guys give me some feedbacks about this, I’ll try to use things made in bge. Again, I apologise if I made someone mad, that was not my intention.

So I’ll appreciate if you guys give me some suggestions about what more templates you guys think that will be interesting to create for the Users. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Edit/Note:

My english may be kinda bad. I’m not totally fluent in this language yet.

(Uniday Studio) #11

Hey, guys! I made a video showing how to use one of the components: The Top Down Template. Unfortunately, it’s in portuguese. But I guess you guys can get the point.

Also, the video was added on the UPBGE’s main website. Thanks guys, I appreciate this. :slight_smile:

(Dr. Binary) #12

Like you said: easy, simple, and served as a good template to expand for my next project. Thanks dude! I’ll give the credit where it is due.