(The third episode opens up with the liquid ball learning how to wallhop and discovering the physical constraint that it is impossible to wallhop with a liquid body. Then a button appears, and it presses it, spawning out glues on the wall, allowing it to bypass the physical constraint and successfully wallhop)
Again, I’m looking feedbacks on:
Workflow optimization (Can I make my workflow smoother and less convoluted?)
Physic (Is the physic right?)
Animation (Are there any parts that you think could be improved?)
Moreover, from the animation, I have a question:
How to fix the sudden trajectory change: Between wallhop, the liquid ball’s velocity went from diagonal to horizontal, it was supposed to be an arc. Maybe I haven’t mastered pose-to-pose and didn’t use storyboard yet.
It’s really awesome and refreshing to see someone starting simple for once! Great job. I like the movement - the blob it looks alive. This is really cool.
Nobody can guess the workflow if you don’t describe it in detail. There can be nothing said about it just looking at the result. …obviously.
Seemed plausible to me.
The movements seem plausible, I like the anticipation before actions. It looks really good for what it is. Maybe some little details could be tweaked, but to me it looks complete when we talk about the motion of the character.
I agreed. So, I’ll try my best to describe how I work to make third episode and the first and second episodes:
My workflow is straightforward because I’m not experienced in using Blender, I’ve been using them for under a day:
I draw the background and let them sit for most of the entire of the episode.
I set up two poses, then slowly inbetweening between two extremes. (I repeat the inbetweening 4 to 5 times each end).
Repeat step 2 until I finish the episode.
Situational: Very rarely, I used Object Mode to move the entire object to fix the overlapping, and I use Edit Mode to tweak the motion.
Note:
I set up the color, and did not change them for the rest of the episode (the glue that appears on the wall was intended to have a changing color, but it was dropped since it was too over my skill, and I envisioned it to start from black and slowly transition to dark green. The button that appeared on the room was also intended to have red, again it was dropped since it was too over my skill. Moreover, I scrapped an idea on Episode 2 where there was a sign with some text, introducing the episode and the challenge that the blue fluid ball was facing, in that case it’s “Jumping across gaps”. It was scrapped because I couldn’t make the text follow and rotate with the sign’s motion. (The text and the sign are separate objects, I wanted the text to follow with the sign)).
All of the colors in Episode 3 are Material Color.
For 3 of my episodes, I used only Dope Sheet. I do not know how to use any other sheets.
On the Navigation Tab, I only used the Output to adjust how Blender would render the result, nothing else. I do not know how to use any other tabs.
On episode 3, it is the first time that the background changes. I used eraser to erase part of the background which creates a frame keeping what I did, then I drew to make the room with the button to keep the background from moving too much (It was supposed to be static)